Author Topic: The Return of Saga Legends  (Read 46766 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of Saga Legends
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2009, 12:35 PM »
I'd like to see some of the post-OTC figures (Feltipern Trevagg, Myo, etc.) thrown in, VOTC Princess Leia, Ephant Mon, and the Felucian Warrior from the Force Unleashed Rancor. Any of those would be cool to have a second chance at. I really like the Felucian Warrior so it'd be great to be able to army-build it and maybe get some paint variations.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2009, 08:39 AM »
I almost never buy Legends figs. But I think people are missing the boat with these. The reason you get so many Vaders/Obis/Anakins/Lukes, etc. is kids want a chance at those figs more often than just when a wave with them is out in the "regular" line. And as much fun as it would be to get more variety like some of the characters previously mentioned, if a little kid can get a Luke he wants and fall more in love with SW meaning the franchise will continue to thrive, I am all for that.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2009, 09:12 AM »
I am kind of surprised they do not throw out a VOTC Han or Luke in these Legends/Greatest Hits lineups.  Especially when they keep adding Saesse Tiin to the mix each time.  No big deal but just interesting. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2009, 09:18 AM »
I am kind of surprised they do not throw out a VOTC Han or Luke in these Legends/Greatest Hits lineups.  Especially when they keep adding Saesse Tiin to the mix each time.  No big deal but just interesting. 

That is exactly what bothers me about the Legends lineup.  It seems like its been essentially the same for the past few years, and I'd like to see a few more "ultimate" OT figures get added to the mix.  Whether it is through Legends or with the "Greatest Hits" figures that ship alongside certain waves, I'd like to see figures like VOTC Han, Luke, Leia, Early Bird Chewie, Stormtrooper, and others ship in this lineup as well.  Its great seeing the Scout Trooper, and now the Snowtrooper (although I haven't seen any yet) - but I'm hoping to see more if they aren't going to release them in other places.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2009, 09:22 AM »
I'd complain if the line wasn't selling though, but the line seems to be doing well enough.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2009, 10:35 AM »
I'd complain if the line wasn't selling though, but the line seems to be doing well enough.

I can't even tell unless I went through peg by peg to check.  All three lines are just jumbled together EVERYWHERE I go.  Not that I'm complaining though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2009, 09:13 AM »
Same here, but when I look for new figures, I usually do have to check to make sure I'm not buying a Legends figure.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Found a single SnowTrooper in Scotia NY.

I think this line does well, just wish they would incorporate more of the HTF figs from the previous year.  That way if you didn't get the Evo trooper or something, you'd be able to find it later on.  Overall, its a good concept though, kids always want to be able to get R2 or Chewie and I have picked up quite a few Sandtroopers over the last year, simply because I liked the figure and it was available, I might not have bought anything if it was only new releases on the pegs.
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 4, 2009, 08:28 AM »
I see a new assortment of Legends - or at least one I hadn't previously heard about - is up for preorder at SWShop.  Some new figures included in this grouping are the CW Quad Gunner, and Han and Chewie with Mynock Hunt masks.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 4, 2009, 09:14 AM »
Wow, POTJ Bespin Han. That's old.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 4, 2009, 09:23 AM »

Yeah, I was a little surprised to see that figure as well.  Its actually one of my favorites of the modern line, but it is starting to seem outdated by today's standards (mainly the articulation).  I keep hoping Hasbro will come out with the "ultimate" re-do of this version of Han soon, but it seems we'll have to wait at least another year.  It sometimes seems like Hasbro is saving at least one version of those main characters to do later (Bespin Han, Hoth Luke, Hoth Leia, etc.).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 5, 2009, 12:18 AM »
I would actually buy the Evo Maul if they repacked it.   For some reason it seems Hasbro always repacks that Maul with the Sith Speeder.  At least I think it's that version?  They repack the SA Snowtrooper, Shocktrooper, 501st, Biker Scout, Sandtroopers, etc.  But when it comes to Maul they go with an inferior version.  I mean it's allright but with all the emphasis on SA stuff lately it just seems odd to me. 

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2009, 06:18 AM »

I still like the POTJ Bespin Han Solo, I am not going to get this figure because I already have 2 of them and I made my own Mynock hunt Han.   I am going get Mynock Hunt Chewie (you can't have too many EB Chewie)

I would have pick better choices like Pablo-Jill, Sio Bibble, Feltipern, Myo and Harder to get figs, VOTC  Leia, VOTC Lando, VOTC Han, VOTC Chewie.

Speaking of VOTC Han, didn't hasbro say he was coming in one form or other this year ?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2009, 09:24 AM »

I still like the POTJ Bespin Han Solo, I am not going to get this figure because I already have 2 of them and I made my own Mynock hunt Han.   I am going get Mynock Hunt Chewie (you can't have too many EB Chewie)

I would have pick better choices like Pablo-Jill, Sio Bibble, Feltipern, Myo and Harder to get figs, VOTC  Leia, VOTC Lando, VOTC Han, VOTC Chewie.

Speaking of VOTC Han, didn't hasbro say he was coming in one form or other this year ?

I've always been a big fan of the POTJ Bespin Han as well, although I can't wait for it to get then "all-new, ultimate" treatment at some point (hopefully soon).  I thought Hasbro had said that the VOTC Han was coming in some form (I think it was last year even), and that's why he was "taken off the ballot" in the last fan vote.  Its really a shame that more of those VOTC figures haven't seen a re-release (or released more often).  I have a couple of that Han, but I'd gladly buy a few more if they put it out in the Legends or even as a "Greatest Hit" alongside the next ANH wave.  It sounds like there is a Han rumored/confirmed for the next wave, so I don't know if it will utilize this sculpt or not.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2009, 11:40 AM »
It sounds like there is a Han rumored/confirmed for the next wave, so I don't know if it will utilize this sculpt or not.

Hopefully it's VOTC Han with a medal. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!