Author Topic: The Return of Saga Legends  (Read 46866 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of Saga Legends
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Anyone else seeing a derth of Saga figures?   There is a TRU near me with about a dozen Plo Koon, but that's the only Saga Legends figures I've seen lately, at any of the 3 Targets and 4 Walmarts that I've been to in the last couple weeks.

The Snowtrooper wave hit, and then was gone and I haven't seen anything since.  Is it just a coincidence of the stores I'm visiting, or is a larger trend?
I am not the Stig

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2009, 11:56 AM »
It sounds like there is a Han rumored/confirmed for the next wave, so I don't know if it will utilize this sculpt or not.

Hopefully it's VOTC Han with a medal. :)

I know it's off-topic for this thread, but in a recent Q&A answer, Hasbro squished the Yavin IV Han in 2009 idea/rumor...

An Imperial/Academy Han would be interesting and there is comic reference for it; the chances this one could come to light some day in comic form are slight but not out of the realm of possibility. The other two [new Yavin IV Medal Ceremony and new Mynock Cave/Mechanic Han Solo] are likely over the next few years. They may not be in the lineup any time soon but they remain good figures to upgrade.

So, they say eventually, but not "any time soon" (unless of course, for some reason, they are "misdirecting" us again).

Is it just a coincidence of the stores I'm visiting, or is a larger trend?

Target here is still getting new stuff.  My local store put out new cases last night (Snowtrooper revision cases).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:57 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2009, 12:11 PM »
Wow, POTJ Bespin Han. That's old.

I still like the POTJ Bespin Han Solo, I am not going to get this figure because I already have 2 of them and I made my own Mynock hunt Han.   I am going get Mynock Hunt Chewie (you can't have too many EB Chewie)

I would have pick better choices like Pablo-Jill, Sio Bibble, Feltipern, Myo and Harder to get figs, VOTC  Leia, VOTC Lando, VOTC Han, VOTC Chewie.

Speaking of VOTC Han, didn't hasbro say he was coming in one form or other this year ?

I've always been a big fan of the POTJ Bespin Han as well, although I can't wait for it to get then "all-new, ultimate" treatment at some point (hopefully soon). 

Didn't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the Bespin Han as well. I'm just a little surprised it wound up back in production. I'm also hoping for an upgrade as well though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2009, 12:58 PM »
Anyone else seeing a derth of Saga figures?   There is a TRU near me with about a dozen Plo Koon, but that's the only Saga Legends figures I've seen lately, at any of the 3 Targets and 4 Walmarts that I've been to in the last couple weeks.

The Snowtrooper wave hit, and then was gone and I haven't seen anything since.  Is it just a coincidence of the stores I'm visiting, or is a larger trend?

It depends on the store, but we usually do most of our shopping at Target - and there hasn't been much of the Legacy figures there in awhile (aside from a couple remaining Yarnas).  There has been plenty of Legends and Clone Wars stuff going through there it seems though.  I've seen Legacy Wave 5 at TRU (and now they are gone), and they've stocked a couple of times at WM (sold through once, but they're packed to the gills again now).

As far as the Han figure, I'm wondering which one we'll get.  There has been one "confirmed" for the 2nd ANH wave, right?  I thought I remembered that from a Q and A, and like Jeff mentioned above they pretty much said we aren't getting the Yavin one.  We just got the Stormtrooper one, and the "Gunner" version from TAC (and the Falcon), so I'm not sure what else is left.  Like I've said though, I'd be fine with a straight repack of the VOTC version.  That's one of the best figures of the entire line to me, and it could stand for a re-release.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2009, 01:06 PM »
I know it's off-topic for this thread, but in a recent Q&A answer, Hasbro squished the Yavin IV Han in 2009 idea/rumor...

That guy at Han's Hideout is always asking questions about Han Solo....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Why are we getting repacks in the Legacy line?  Shouldn't the bottom 4 be in the Legends line? 

What's going on here  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2009, 01:34 PM »
It's confusing to say the least. They're even called out as BAD figures so I don't get it either unless they're looking for wave filler through the package switchover.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2009, 01:52 PM »
The reason that these four figures are in the Droid Factory line is that they are "repacks for collectors" and not "repacks for kids", which is what the Legends line is intended to be. 

According to Hasbro, "repacks for collectors" are figures that some collectors may have missed the first time around or weren't able to buy multiples of because they were previsouly part of a larger box set (like Battle Packs or Evolutions sets). 

Don't get me wrong, they know kids will buy Anakin and Jango figures, but these four are included in the Droid Factory line because they are primarily SA figures with good "fan cred" (whatever that means). 

Expect to see more repacks happen in the main Droid Factory line as they try to help the bottom line with some extra cash from the carded collectors by putting out more repacks like this - for sure you'll see the SA Biker Scout in the RotJ wave and potentially a few more according to Hasbro.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2009, 02:33 PM »
I'm ok with this personally...  I'd like more ROTS Pilots gladly.  It's also nice to see more creative ways to get droid parts out, as to me personally I'd like to complete a lot of the random droid parts I have.  It'll make droid part trading a little easier and perhaps a little more likely to complete extras you've got.  That's a good thing to me...

I'm wondering if Jango's a little less purple by the way?  He seems more true to the movie...  If that's the case, that's an easy buy for me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2009, 02:42 PM »
That would be a welcome change Jesse, but I think it's the same color as the previous TAC/TLC Evo releases.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 02:42 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Yeah, GH's pics seem to imply that.  Oh well...  Guess when they recolor and re-release him I'll just buy it then. ::)  Ya know it's gonna happen.

Maybe his range finder will move with that release at least.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2009, 03:58 PM »
He's being re-released in the Greatest Hits line as well as the Target Arena 2-packs. One of them is bound to be different from the original (hopefully).
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2009, 02:47 AM »
I truly hope so, as that color still disappoints me on anotherwise outstanding figure.  Correcting the color would only leave me with disliking his holsters being "loose" on his thighs instead of strapped down.  Too many Han's have that same issue.

Every holster should be like the new Bespin Luke's.  It's perfection!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 19, 2009, 11:06 AM »
When Hasbro repacks a figure like the Jango.  Do the start a whole new production run of this figure, or is it the case that they made X million figures and only sold half in the Evolution sets, now they are inserting the rest into single cards.

Just wondering if they have these already completed, or if they have the ability to correct something like this.
I am not the Stig

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 19, 2009, 11:49 AM »
I truly hope so, as that color still disappoints me on anotherwise outstanding figure.  Correcting the color would only leave me with disliking his holsters being "loose" on his thighs instead of strapped down.  Too many Han's have that same issue.

Every holster should be like the new Bespin Luke's.  It's perfection!

Yeah, it's one of my favorite figures but there's undoubtedly room for improvement.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!