Author Topic: The Return of Saga Legends  (Read 46765 times)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of Saga Legends
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2008, 02:44 PM »
It is good to see they have decided to rest Battle Droid head C-3PO this time around
But even the Ewok C3-PO warms the shelf here in NJ
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2008, 04:30 AM »
Plo Koon is the best one of Saga Legends, but the rest, not very interesting I think
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2008, 02:13 PM »
The funny thing about the C-3PO is that it's a fantastic sculpt of a core character, but that Ewok throne (awesome though it was) seems to relegate this figure to pegwarmer status.  He seems to be scene specific, even though he's not!  What they should is paint up that version of 3PO like the one from the purchase of the droids cinema scene (dirty and oily) and pack in a repainted treadwell or Gonk with a new paintjob.  Another idea is to make an R2 from the R4-G9 mold with excellent paint apps and put him out there in this line.  These are "Legends" after all, so they should represent the best of the core characters.  One other I wish I'd see is VOTC Luke (perhaps with a better headsculpt) in this line.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2008, 02:59 PM »
The funny thing about the C-3PO is that it's a fantastic sculpt of a core character, but that Ewok throne (awesome though it was) seems to relegate this figure to pegwarmer status.  He seems to be scene specific, even though he's not!  What they should is paint up that version of 3PO like the one from the purchase of the droids cinema scene (dirty and oily) and pack in a repainted treadwell or Gonk with a new paintjob.  Another idea is to make an R2 from the R4-G9 mold with excellent paint apps and put him out there in this line.  These are "Legends" after all, so they should represent the best of the core characters.  One other I wish I'd see is VOTC Luke (perhaps with a better headsculpt) in this line.

Or they could've made the silver leg gold and he'd have fit in w/the rest of the PT wave, minus the throne of course.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2008, 09:09 AM »

Or they could've made the silver leg gold and he'd have fit in w/the rest of the PT wave, minus the throne of course.

I would think they would have done this. Of all the OT characters to repackage, this one does stick out as odd, especially be the odd man out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 6, 2008, 05:51 PM »
Looks like we'll be getting the weapons from the Battlefront II battle pack.  That'll be the chain gun, missle launcher, & EMP launcher are the only one that haven't seen wide spread release.

www.yakface.com

Q2: Dear Hasbro - Imagery of the Legacy "Legends" Wave has shown up online and the pack in accessory shows "Clone Gear" lockers. What is the breakdown of the "gear" – Rifles? Blasters? Pistols? Armor? Binoculars?

A2: They are all blasters, taken from the Battlefront II Clone trooper figure packs. Not all of the blasters will be included, but some very basic and very cool ones will be included.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 7, 2008, 10:06 AM »
 :(

Not excited about that at all. Good thing I'll be passing on just about all of them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 7, 2008, 10:50 AM »
So this just dawned on me - with the Legacy collection we're going to have to deal with BOTH repacks of TAC figures in Legacy Collection packaging w/Build-a-Droid parts AND repacks from the past few years of Star Wars figures in "Saga Legends" packaging w/Clonetrooper Gear Lockers.

Where the heck is the room on the pegs going to be for the actual NEW figures that are being released.

If you think about this past year where half the pegs were dedicated to Saga Legends and the other half were dedicated to TAC - what does that mean for a breakdown of Clone Wars vs. Legacy Collection vs. Saga Legends? And if Hasbro already has a mechanism/method in place for re-releasing old figures in "Saga Legends" packaging which is a variation of the Legacy Collection, why bother putting OLD figures in with Build-a-Droid parts?!?!

Are there going to be Build-a-Droids where you have to re-buy old figures just to get the droid? I certainly hope not.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: June 7, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Are there going to be Build-a-Droids where you have to re-buy old figures just to get the droid? I certainly hope not.

Hasbro said in the Q&As at some point that the straight repacked "greatest hits" figures would not contain "new" B-a-D pieces, but rather recycle the existing pieces for that wave.  So, for example, if a Repack/Greatest Hits figure ships in "Wave 2" it should have one of the existing Wave 2 Droid Parts. 

It's nice that loose collectors won't be forced into buying repacks to get droid pieces... but man are the carded collectors going to take it in the wazoo with the current plan of repacking old figures and changing the droid parts as figures are carried forward from wave to wave.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 8, 2008, 12:48 AM »
Hasbro Receptionist: Mr. DePriest, I have product Overload on line 2 for you...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2008, 09:17 PM »
Hmmm... an anonymous source e-mailed me today with a picture of what appears to be the contents of the "Clone Gear" locker...

I have no way to verify the source at the moment, so please just consider this a "rumor" for now...   ;)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2008, 09:45 PM »
If that rumor proves true, then that is a really disappointing arsenal. I was really holding out for the bazooka, at the least. Looks like I'd be better off tracking down 4 BF II Clone sets like I'd originally planned.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Clone Gear
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2008, 01:33 AM »
I gotta admit, the idea of the Clone Footlockers is really growing on me.  I know a big thing I wanted, but wouldn't pay for, from the Battlefront sets was weapons.  I'm wondering if these are the guns we're gonna see then?  It's an interesting photo and clearly has the "******" there in it.  I was hoping for the rocket launcher, but I dig seeing the sniper rifle, regular Clone rifles, and the EMP rifle from the battlefront set.

I can use more battledroids too for sure.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:45 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2008, 10:27 AM »
One weapon per locker or all six?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2008, 10:50 AM »
In an early '08 Q&A, Hasbro said to expect 5 weapons in each locker...

Each cardboard weapons locker (similar to the little box that houses the relic in the Indiana Jones line) will have 5 clone weapons - the same weapons in every single Saga Legends figure.

So I'm guessing it's all 6 guns... the little pistol must be a bonus! ;)