Author Topic: The Return of Saga Legends  (Read 46763 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of Saga Legends
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2008, 11:07 AM »
A pleasant surprise. Now where's the OT one with OT blasters?  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2008, 10:17 PM »
Ugh. I was running some errands today and stopped by two of my local Wal-Marts. Both restocked the pegs with TONS of Saga Legends figures, probably 75-80% of what was on the pegs were Saga Legends. Looks like this set of Legends figs are going to take up all the peg space, preventing me from getting the new stuff. Just like 30AC... just like TSC...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2008, 10:25 PM »
Ugh. I was running some errands today and stopped by two of my local Wal-Marts. Both restocked the pegs with TONS of Saga Legends figures, probably 75-80% of what was on the pegs were Saga Legends. Looks like this set of Legends figs are going to take up all the peg space, preventing me from getting the new stuff. Just like 30AC... just like TSC...

Get used to it.  Hasbro seems to think that retailers can distinguish between the lines, but thats never been the case at least in my part of the country.  Lucklily I haven't seen an influx of Legends as of yet, but I'm sure it's coming.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2008, 10:38 PM »
I'm still fighting the urge to pick up all of the figures in this line MoMC.

I did that with the Saga Legends line from last year. It is very disheartening to see that they're going to pull the same b.s. this year with four versions of the Clone Trooper Officers and Battle Droids.

I picked up a Super Battledroid only 'cause a friend of mine pointed out that it's not quite a re-release of the TAC figure since they filled in the holes that were the chest to accomodate the "flames".

The Clone Weapons Locker is a nice touch, and I was happy to have a set of different types of weapons that I could give my 12 member squad of SA 501st Troopers. It's cool to have each of them sporting a unique weapon.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2008, 12:06 AM »

Get used to it.  Hasbro seems to think that retailers can distinguish between the lines, but thats never been the case at least in my part of the country.  Lucklily I haven't seen an influx of Legends as of yet, but I'm sure it's coming.

Oh, I'm used to it, but up until today Wal-Mart had managed to keep the Legends figs to a minimum and actually stock the new figures. Now they're rivaling Target and TRU for "most Legends figures on the pegs". Although at least Wal-Mart has restocked since 7/26...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2008, 02:31 AM »
I thought this area was the only one getting inundated with Legends. I've already written off finding wave 3 here at retail, since it's so bad.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2008, 09:38 AM »
I thought this area was the only one getting inundated with Legends.

Heck no. These have been peg warming since day one around here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2008, 12:36 PM »
We had quite a bit at first, but nothing like what's out there now. Target really seems to like their Legends assortments.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Is anyone from here buying these? I don't think I've seen them selling at all.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2008, 02:46 PM »
Well, they did retool the Super Battle Droid to not have the holes in its chest, so I picked up one of those so far.   The rest I figure are probably *only* being bought by kids and the 173 collectors who still collect every variant of every figure on every card.   It seems a pretty safe bet that they're going to repackage this group of figures every year between now and when the line becomes unprofitable,
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2008, 02:51 PM »
Mostly for the weapons sets, but I picked up an AOTC Clone (never too many of those) and a SBD, and may get some more SBD's as that's just a great figure overall and the extra weaponry is nice to have.  Beyond that, and unless i have the spare cash, I'm not buying Legends stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2008, 02:55 PM »
I picked up the Yoda w/ Kybuck just for another Kybuck. Its a great figure. I didnt realize about the SBD so i will pick up one of those but thats it for me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2008, 03:21 PM »
I've so far only bought the SBD, and it's pretty nice. The BFII weapons are top notch. Might get an AOTC Clone.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2008, 03:34 PM »
I debated buying one for the clone locker, but I decided to wait...  I figure it's only a matter of time before they put some new repaints in the Legends assortment, so I'll just wait for those.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2008, 03:46 PM »
I figure it's only a matter of time before they put some new repaints in the Legends assortment, so I'll just wait for those.  ;)

You hush   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN