Author Topic: The Return of Saga Legends  (Read 46872 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Return of Saga Legends
« Reply #105 on: October 3, 2008, 02:15 AM »
Snowtrooper eh?

Vinage style?  I hope so...  If it was the Ultimate Battlepack paintjob, more the better!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 3, 2008, 02:58 AM »
It was mentioned in the latest Q&A that Hasbro was looking to get the vintage Snowtrooper back into circulation.  I guess this might seal it, and the second 2009 TESB wave will have an open slot for something other than a Snowtrooper.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 3, 2008, 09:03 AM »
VOTC Luke X-Wing pilot as well? Looks like there are a couple of good choices in that list.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 3, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Definitely happy to see the Snowtrooper on the list.  Hopefully it will be as plentiful as the Biker Scouts seemed to be in last year's assortment.  I never complained about those pegwarming at our local WM, it was always tempting to pick up another one.  I'm also glad to see something like X-Wing Luke in there (hopefully/likely the VTSC version).  These Legends assortments always seem to be so prequel/clone dominated, and its nice to see some OT love for once.  I've always thought that if we have to have a line like this, they just as well put things like VOTC Han, EB Chewie, VOTC Leia, Stormtroopers/Biker Scouts/Snowtroopers, and other figures like that in there too.  They want the "big names" out there, so why not put the OT cast in this assortment too and use the "best of the best" while you're at it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #109 on: October 3, 2008, 09:56 AM »
I wonder if the black pauldron Sandtrooper will be in this wave?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #110 on: October 3, 2008, 10:00 AM »
I will be a happy collector if the VTSC snowtrooper is released on a regular card. I only have a couple of those guys, and I'd love to set up a nice group of them.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: October 3, 2008, 10:00 AM »
Oooh... good question Jayson.  I hope we finally see that clean, black pauldron Sandtrooper in there.  I'd gladly buy a few of those.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 3, 2008, 03:42 PM »

I don't need anymore snowies, but would be nice to see the black sandie at long last.  I wouldn't mind more SA X-wing Lukes either, though the $8 price tag on these isn't that appealing.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 3, 2008, 05:45 PM »

I don't need anymore snowies, but would be nice to see the black sandie at long last.  I wouldn't mind more SA X-wing Lukes either, though the $8 price tag on these isn't that appealing.

Ya Luke is almost the same price as when he originally came out in VOTC which is sad.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 3, 2008, 06:49 PM »
A Snowtrooper re-release (hopefully with a cleaner deco) is very welcome news indeed. :)

I would've actually preferred if Luke was being re-released in the Snowspeeder Pilot outfit, but the X-Wing Pilot is still a great choice for a Legends wave and I may pick a couple up for customs.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2008, 06:50 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: October 4, 2008, 01:14 AM »
I'd dig seeing a VTSC Luke hybrid with the new Snowspeeder Pilots from the Evo sets.  That could make one really ideal Snowspeeder Luke...  The current "best" Snowspeeder Luke is very lackluster due to height and articulation to me.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 4, 2008, 10:07 AM »
The current "best" Snowspeeder Luke is very lackluster due to height and articulation to me.   :-\

Yeah, but it's paint job is perfect.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: October 4, 2008, 01:55 PM »
Paint's fine, but his boots are inaccurate I think, his height's incredibly off...  Lots of things wrong with him too.  Paint isn't something people shouldn't usually expect to be right, as that's a simple quality issue.  When paintjobs are bad that's simply a lack of quality control generally.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2008, 11:44 PM »

New pics at RS reveal that it is indeed planned to be the Black Pauldron, Clean Trooper - Yay!  :)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2008, 04:32 AM »
I'm pretty happy about the Clean-Black Sandy.  He'll go well with the Clean stormies I picked up earlier this year.  I'm also excited they are keeping the tridroid for a while longer.  Its just a monster figure, even if its a bit bendy.  Its good to fill in the ranks of my Seps a bit.

When are they going to aim the Clone Lockers at OT weapons?  I'm sure its been suggested before, but OT figs need some equipment as well....  The variety of different weapons we see stormies carrying alone would be enough to fill the locker.  There is the E-11, the BFG that some of the Sandies had this past year, there is the long rifle that I think Han ends up carrying in the DS, of course there is small blaster that the Scout Troopers carry, and there is the so called Rebel Blaster, which seems to be standard equipment for the Death Star Troopers.  Hasbro could be nice and sculpt a rocket launcher or something....
I am not the Stig