Author Topic: Legacy Wave 4 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 50510 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 4 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2008, 11:16 AM »
Thanks for posting the descriptions Rune. None of them loaded for me on the Hasbro site.

The pages come up generic but the title bar of your browser window has the figure's name depending on the link clicked. You can then look at the source code of the web page and see the embedded metadata which contains the above descriptions.

WOW!  That's just way to much crap to do without even seeing a pic so thanks for posting all that Rune.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2008, 03:30 PM »
Here is a big poster showing this wave (I think for the first time?):

Grievous may just be correct scale, now how will his arms work out?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Looks like he's been drinking his milk...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2008, 03:50 PM »
Thanks for posting that.  The Grievous, and the rest of the "new" figures look pretty nice on that poster.  Its always tough to judge, because Hasbro's collection posters always make the figures like quite cool it seems - but I'm going to stay optimistic on this one and hope we're getting our "ultimate" Grievous.  He definitely seems to be closer to the correct height this time.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2008, 03:54 PM »
That ROTS wave, with the exception of Grievous and Fx-6, is a huge letdown.  Was holding out hope for a Senate Duel Palpy (what gives?) and another Bail Organa does nothing for me.  Poor selection there.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2008, 04:08 PM »
I'm concerned that Stass Allie is going to be a re-release of the figure that came with the Speeder Bike during ROTS. The cloak is rather bulky in the poster, but her pose makes me think its the same old figure. That would be disappointing, hopefully SDCC will prove me wrong.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2008, 04:13 PM »
Here's a larger scan of the poster...

clicky for larger image

Apparently it was given out at the Singapore Toy Show and will also be given out at SDCC.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 04:18 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2008, 05:28 PM »
Comparing this year to last is really night and day, 2008 was pretty weak figure wise. While there are a few gems in there, looking at the lineup now...seems that it's underwhelming. At least they fixed Grevious, he looks good. Nice to know I can ditch my old Grevious, Yaddle and the midget with the Dumbo ears. The paint jobs should be much better.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 08:57 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2008, 05:39 PM »
It's certainly an interesting lineup.  Happy to see Jodo Kast, and Faie's been on a lot of wishlists.  5D6 RA-7 and *squints* M8 RA-7 (?) both are going to be awesome.  Curses for them finding a way to make droid fans buy *everything.*  Oh baby, I'm so loving the droids.

I really hope this isn't it for the year.  They made good with numerous excellent Expanded Universe offerings (21 EU, I think?) so that's wonderful... but man, no new Cantina aliens yet?   

They seemed to hit all the important marks.  I guess on paper it's a really balanced line, but after Wave 2 (which we knew of for months), there's only a couple of new characters to be had.  Kind of a bummer.  And I'm no expert... but the renaming thing I don't much like.  Before he was Commander Neyo, now he's a Saleucami Trooper.  He was a Death Star Gunner, but now he's an Imperial Engineer.  I thought we were getting *new* figures for the build-a-droid waves.  ("New", I always thought, was a head, or a deco change.  I'm not seeing any obvious differences here aside from the names, am I missing them?)

It's certainly a weird mix.   I want to (and don't want to) complain all at once.  But... droids!  So many droids!

(I wonder if/when Hasbro will ever start to market and sell the displays they make for these photos.  It looks cool, I'd put one in my toy room.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2008, 06:53 PM »
Hmmm...weird. Just weird. I don't know what to say. 2008 just isn't as wildly impressive and hugely appealing as 2007 was. There are definitely gems in there though, just not as many as I would've enjoyed seeing. Hopefully what we see of early 2009 at Comic-Con will be more promising. :-\

FX-6 is cool though. I hope Grievous' arms turn out okay, and that he gets a soft goods cape. Stass Allie should be cool if she doesn't end up being a repack, which some have speculated. And I'll still buy the Organas even though they're kinda boring.

Overall...meh...
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2008, 06:56 PM »
Seriously with the AT-TE and Homing Spider Droid, plus the sweet Evolutions packs with all the pilots, I'm really not complaining about the single carded figures.  I mean...Yarna, Bane Malar, Faie, baby Ewok, Quarren and Mon Cal soldiers....it's still a nifty year.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Yeah, if my biggest gripe I can make is that I have to buy a full wave of repainted figures I don't really want/need, then I'm not too upset.  Holo Dooku is cool enough, and I'll take another Salecumai Trooper...  I'm not in need of another DSG but I'll get one and deal with it.

Yaddle/Pielle are easily the boring ones of that group.  41st Elite Trooper is fine, I'll take him and maybe some extras if the $$$ is there.  Maybe not too since I have a number of the original version already. 

The droids are all obviously great...

The ROTS wave itself is outstanding I think.  Organa looks infinitely cooler than his other figure, and so does his wife.  Grievous looks fantastic and is long overdue.  Faie...  Not terribly different to the Comic Pack Commander but I'll take it.  FX 6 and the Jedi look pretty great and round out those two characters people have asked for.  Overall I'd say I'm not disappointed... 

Not nearly as much OT as I'd like of course but it sounds like some good waves of OT are on the way.  Maybe we'll see one or more at SDCC?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2008, 11:26 PM »
Video games have taken up most of my money (my main focus is Indiana Jones, troopers/BH & some times Marvel) but I MUST get that Grievous. Have we seen that hooded clone in the past? He seems familiar.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2008, 12:22 AM »
Hmmm.  I wonder if Commander Faie or the 327th Clone might actually be one of the repaint figures?

I thought I read somewhere that the 327th listed there is actually a "Greatest Hits" (or maybe Legends?) repack figure.

Not technically in the 6 figure wave, but a repack shipping with the wave... or something like that.   ??? 

Based on the poster it looks like Faie is part of the ROTS wave, and the 327th Trooper isn't anywhere to be found.  Looks like that might be a GH offering.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2008, 12:59 AM »
As far as the ROTS wave goes.  I really wanted the FX-6 figure.  It looks about how it should I think.  Breha and Bail look much better than I thought they would.  But I will probably end up skipping those.  Faie looks pretty cool, but there is so much clonetrooper stuff coming out this year I may opt for different troopers instead.  I am not going to buy Stass Allie or whatever name that is for her.  I would have years ago when ROTS was first out but the deluxe version on her bike is fine with me.  Of course I will buy General Grievous. 

As for the rest of the poster goes.  It's kind of pick and choose for me.  I will probably end up with 25-35% of those pictured.  I am not all that impressed with the build a droids to be honest.  At least not enough to buy every figure in a wave.  I do like the Sandcrawler droid though. 

Of all the figures on that poster I am the most excited for...Yarna.  LOL!  It's true though.