Author Topic: Legacy Wave 4 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 50608 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 4 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2008, 11:49 AM »
Found the entire wave over the weekend at a store I hate.  Off topic, but I also scored the new battlepacks and Galactic Heroes last week so it feels kinda nice to be all caught up before the chaos that is Christmas.   :)

Agreed. I bought all of this wave but the Felucia Clone (it was out of stock) as well as the GH holiday 3-packs, 2 battle packs, and two animated figs from HTS. Using the code MDCREW I saved 20%. (About $40 total). With that discount, tax and shipping were wiped out and I STILL managed to save $10 less than retail for these. Most of these site unseen is fine for me. If I get screwed up paint jobs, then I'll look for them at retail and trade/sell the carded stuff or just return the pervious (HTS) one to the store I bought the better one from.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2008, 11:28 AM »
I held off on ordering when I saw these aren't going to be shipping through them for another 6 weeks... I'm sure I'll find them in abundace at Wal-Mart before then.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2008, 11:49 AM »
I held off on ordering when I saw these aren't going to be shipping through them for another 6 weeks... I'm sure I'll find them in abundace at Wal-Mart before then.

Yep, I didn't see that part.  When I saw them as available to add to cart, I took that to mean in stock and I didn't read carefully enough.  When I got the shipping notice today and saw that only one item from my order shipped, and that these didn't, I sent them an email asking them to cancel the rest.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2008, 12:02 PM »
Newforce shipped my case today :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2008, 01:09 PM »

Yep, I didn't see that part.  When I saw them as available to add to cart, I took that to mean in stock and I didn't read carefully enough.  When I got the shipping notice today and saw that only one item from my order shipped, and that these didn't, I sent them an email asking them to cancel the rest.

Yeah, that "In Stock" wording is deceiving.  They should have it say "Coming Soon."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: October 29, 2008, 01:14 PM »
That whole "by in-stock, we secretly mean shipping two months from now" gimmick is one of my piggest pet peeves with HTS...   ::)

I'd like to see them move towards these 4 categories - out-of-stock, pre-order, coming soon, and in-stock.  It sure would help clarify things.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Well, I'm not in a hurry for this stuff. I figure, I can wait a few extra weeks and SAVE $40.

I haven't been of the mind that I have to have things right now, for some time. And that has saved me a nice bundle of cash.

WHy pay $7.99 in a week, when you can pay $5.39 and have it in three weeks? that $1.60 makes a big difference when you buy in quantity.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2008, 03:54 PM »
That whole "by in-stock, we secretly mean shipping two months from now" gimmick is one of my piggest pet peeves with HTS...   ::)

I'd like to see them move towards these 4 categories - out-of-stock, pre-order, coming soon, and in-stock.  It sure would help clarify things.

I couldn't agree more.  I hope they move more towards that sort of categorization in the future as well.  I've had things I've "preordered" there before come in without any trouble, and I've had some things get cancelled (by them) as well.  I did preorder a set of these there with the code, but if I find them locally prior to that I'll just cancel my order/preorder I guess.  I would think if they could offer actual preorders, or even preorders of sets like they have of TLC Wave 3, they could really get a lot (or more) of business from collectors.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2008, 05:39 PM »
FYI - I got notification from NFC's that my case shipped today. I may have some extras depending on the case ratio. See my trade list in a few days.

I'm really looking forward to the Grevious!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2008, 10:26 PM »
I probably should have been more patient, but I bought Faie and Grievous on ebay.  They showed up today, and while I paid a few extra bucks for them, I'm glad I have them now.  They really are awesome figures.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2008, 11:22 AM »
I noticed that the 327th Star Corps Clonetrooper is in stock at HTS (shipping in one day), and the rest of this wave are now listed as "out of stock", so perhaps these figures will start shipping sooner than December (hopefully).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2008, 11:53 AM »
I noticed that the 327th Star Corps Clonetrooper is in stock at HTS (shipping in one day), and the rest of this wave are now listed as "out of stock", so perhaps these figures will start shipping sooner than December (hopefully).

Yeah, that's my hope too. When I've bought other stuff from HTS that says shipping in so many weeks, it usually ends up shipping much sooner. So I figured I could take that chance, and even if I did have to wait, that I'd still be saving a bit of change.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2008, 11:54 AM »
Newforce shipped my case today :)

FYI - I got notification from NFC's that my case shipped today.

You guys must be cooler than me, because my case didn't ship until today...  :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2008, 12:42 PM »
I probably should have been more patient, but I bought Faie and Grievous on ebay.  They showed up today, and while I paid a few extra bucks for them, I'm glad I have them now.  They really are awesome figures.

Then maybe you can answer Chewie, what's Faie sportin' under his poncho?  Hoping he's based on the concept art and he's got the cool chest armor.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2008, 08:48 AM »

Well, I got shipping confirmation for this wave from HTS this morning, so for those of you that ordered them when they were available, they may be on their way soon.