Author Topic: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope  (Read 63233 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2008, 05:21 PM »
As much as i hope for another jawa, i dont know if that figure is coming out. They gave us one last year.

It might be.  look how often we've gotten Obi.  Change the head give him some new gear, amazingly add articulation and release.
They might change the colors on the Jawa, dirty him up more, different head just to make him "different."  new bandolier, bam you know the army builders will gobble them up.  Plus there were pretty tall Jawas as well they all weren't waist high to a human there were others that were at least to the shoulder.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Hasbro could probably get away with just the treadwell, so I think it's pretty cool that they "throw in" a jawa too.  The TAC one with a different colored vest would be good.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Yeah, despite getting a Jawa last year, I can see getting another one with a new droid. Can't have too many Jawas.  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2008, 03:25 PM »
Yeah, despite getting a Jawa last year, I can see getting another one with a new droid. Can't have too many Jawas.  ;)

I used to feel the same way...

This time through, one or two should be plenty for me.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2008, 05:50 PM »
http://www.rebelscum.com/SDCC08/hasbro/presentation/image51.asp

This wave is a thing of beauty!! :o Count me in for the whole set! They all look fantastic, and Brainiac comes with a good cantina table!!!! I'll be buying a few of him just for more tables for sure. And they actually granted my wish of making R5-A2 the BAD in this wave!!! EEEE, bring on 2009!!! I can't wait!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2008, 05:54 PM »
http://www.rebelscum.com/SDCC08/hasbro/presentation/image51.asp

This wave is a thing of beauty!! :o Count me in for the whole set! They all look fantastic, and Brainiac comes with a good cantina table!!!! I'll be buying a few of him just for more tables for sure. And they actually granted my wish of making R5-A2 the BAD in this wave!!! EEEE, bring on 2009!!! I can't wait!

What a wave! Counting the BAD astromechs, this is a 12 "figure" wave! This could be considered Hasbro's best wave ever, imo at least.

Haha just noticed they spelled Brainiac as "Brianiac". Also Wioslea has a lightsaber, did he get retconned into being a former Jedi or is that just another oops?

Just answered my own question, from "her" Wiki...

Wioslea lived on Tatooine and wore simple robes very similar to a Jedi Knight's. She was once even accused of being a Jedi.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:57 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Can't believe it.  :o
Wish they'd left Ben's robe off though so we could see what's going on underneath.
Why does Wiosela have Ben's lightsaber?
WED driod looks like a custom, looks too cool to be factory.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2008, 06:05 PM »
 :o

Awesome wave! Can't get enough of those cantina freaks! ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2008, 06:18 PM »
Great wave.

Spacetrooper looks great, and all the cantina aliens are amazing. More comments later.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2008, 06:58 PM »
Best wave ever.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Well, second best IMO.

I will be buying the best wave ever tonight. Think seafood... ;)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2008, 07:27 PM »
The whole wave looks amazing to me as well.  I love me some OT goodness.  I'm a little disappointed that they apparently have it slotted for 2009, but that was sort of what they had been saying all along.  Oh well, not like there isn't enough stuff to buy this year anyways.  Definitely looking forward to this lineup though, hopefully the Obi-Wan is the nicely articulated "ultimate" one we've been waiting for.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2008, 07:55 PM »
Look at that treadwell!!!  Oh, looks like Luke is shorter than Han after all, check out the thigh length.  But is that the skinny VOTC Ben body under the cloak?
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Awesome wave!  I like every figure in there.  Yeah, the Treadwell droid looks terrific.  I can not believe how well the Spacetrooper turned out.  Wioslea looks really good.  I like how Dice, Brainiac, and Trinto turned out.  I will be getting Kenobi of course.  Been waiting for a decent Han and Luke like that without funky marvel colors.  I hope the B-A-D is the astromech wandering Mos Eisley. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2008, 09:54 PM »
Spacetrooper- Finally, an Imperial sans Jango head! This looks like a simple, but great figure. Like his little grenade launcher. I wonder if that's a new sculpt? Either way, a definite buy.

Trinto & Dice Ibegon- AMAZING. Dice has been one of my favorite and most requested cantina aliens, and shes finally seeing plastic. A must buy.

Braniac- Looks pretty nice, love his cantina roundtable. Might buy it.

Wioslea- While this figure looks good, I'll pass.

Jawa & Treadwell- Another must buy. The Treadwell looks good and detailed, and the Jawa looks neat as well. Interesting looking backpack he's got.

Obi-Wan Kenobi- I think I'll replace my POTJ Old Ben with this one.

Luke & Han Stormtroopers- Pass.