Author Topic: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope  (Read 63249 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2009, 04:30 PM »
Adam Pawlus mentioned on Galactic Hunter today that he's seen Wave 5 in the wild...  Target was the place, so time to start huntin' for new figures.  It's been like 2 months wtihout for me, so I'm pretty geeked to buy something new right now (and army build that Spacetrooper!).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2009, 04:49 PM »
I'm so thrilled to hear that, I've been waiting for news of the first sighting!  This wave seems like it will sell through very well, obscure cantina aliens included.  I've plans for about 5-6 Ben Kenobis, 1 or 2 Spacetroopers, 2 Jawas, and one each of the rest.  I might double up the cantina aliens since I have 2 cantina scenes made:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2009, 04:55 PM »
Darnet!..thats awsome!  :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 05:30 PM by Jeff »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2009, 07:32 AM »
Once again, I'll ask.  If anyone is buying extras and wants to get rid of their BAD parts for a fair price, I'm willing.  Need everyone except the piece that comes with the Jawa and treadwell.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2009, 04:10 PM »
I'll try to remember this Mike...  Not sure how many of the wave I'm getting but I'm wagering I'll have 2 of each figure probably.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2009, 09:43 PM »
I'll have the red astromech to sell once bought and assembled; I only want to keep the orange R5.
Greg Reeves

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2009, 09:26 AM »
I'll have the red astromech to sell once bought and assembled; I only want to keep the orange R5.

I'd definitely be interested.  Shooting you a PM.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2009, 09:53 AM »
I picked up Pons Limbic at Target. Very decent figure. The new standard level of articulation is really appreciated.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2009, 12:08 PM »
I didn't see the others yet, but it appears that Han, Luke, and the Spacetrooper are currently in stock at HTS.  On a seperate note, it appears that the Wedge/Feyla and Luke/Deena comic packs are available as well.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2009, 01:32 PM »
The Jawa is up too
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 2, 2009, 11:50 AM »
The rest of this wave is now up at HTS (although I think the Spacetrooper is sold out).

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 2, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Saw the whole wave Sat. Morning at Target, but only had the cash for Obi and Spacetrooper.  That spacetrooper gun looks a little sawed off, I'd expected something along the lines of the Sandtrooper canon we've gotten before.  Anybody seen any reference shots of that thing from the movies?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 2, 2009, 02:45 PM »
Heck! I have seen none of that Droid Factory set anywhere, nor Target or more possibly Walmart.  :(

I want few Spacetroopers as well & the whole set.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #253 on: February 3, 2009, 12:58 AM »
I just popped these babies open and I have to say every single one of them is lights out awesome. 

Luke is indeed shorter than Han...other than Luke's head sculpt sucking, it is good to finally get these out

I've wanted a Wioslea figure since around 1998 and they finally made it...she lacks some articulation but everything about her puts a smile on my face.  Her head alone is a work of absolute art

Trinto w/ pack in Dice is a nice combo platter and adds another Monster to the Mash

Brainiac has been another long time want of mine and he is perfect.  I absolutely love him and the bonus Cantina table is added icing

Old Ben is by far the star of the wave IMO and they really have made the world's most perfect 3-3/4" action figure.  I really can't say enough other than the odd neck peg which Jayson pointed out, it works on every single level.  The table is just another awesome bonus to the wave and the figure.  I've got to buy about 7 of this bad boy to replace each and every ANH Ben I have.

And I can't forget the Jawa and WED...holy **** both of them are great and the WED for being more or less a pack in is another work of art on par with the multi armed FX figures.  Love the gun and accessories on the Jawa too.

Spacetrooper is probably my least favorite of the wave and that isn't saying much because he is pretty damn awesome too and I love that they gave him Joe Johnston's face in a nod to complete movie accuracy

ABout my only beef of the wave is they gave us an AOTC droid over another ANH astromech like R2-A5 who is in the same scene as R5-A2

This really is my all time favorite wave and I think Hasbro has been hitting a lot of home runs lately

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 3, 2009, 09:47 AM »

Old Ben is by far the star of the wave IMO and they really have made the world's most perfect 3-3/4" action figure.  I really can't say enough other than the odd neck peg which Jayson pointed out, it works on every single level. 

I'm so glad to hear that.  He's the one main character I've wanted re-done for so long, and despite being excited about him coming, the pics online haven't been stellar.  I've seen pics that didn't do the figure justice before, though.
Greg Reeves