Author Topic: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope  (Read 63107 times)

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope
« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2009, 02:29 PM »
The only Walmart that I had found the complete wave 5, hasn't restocked it yet, instead they reloaded the pegs with more clone wars & old waves, samel other locals  :-[... yet not snowees as well  ::)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 10:18 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58 PM »
I found one of each (except Luke Stormtrooper) at one WM about a week ago.  However, no other store, including various Targets I've checked almost daily, have gotten this wave at all.  No remnants or anything!  This one is really slow to roll out, and I have a feeling there won't be many pegwarmers.

These hit the Minneapolis area in a big way just this week.  Still not warming pegs, but stores are starting to get multiple cases in which is a good sign.  I'd give it another week or two before we start seeing extras of just about everything.  I think the Jawa will continue to be the hardest to track down.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 2, 2009, 11:31 PM »
I finally saw a wave.  Man a lot of Pons Limbic was sitting there but that was about it.  No Spacetrooper of course.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 3, 2009, 01:09 AM »
The Spacetrooper seems to be the most scarce of the bunch.  One by one I've been able to track down everything else in the wave, from the new figures to the repacks with the wave 5 droid parts.  Wioslea seems to linger the longest. 

Today I finally scored the Luke and Trinto Duaba with Dice Ibegon.  The only thing I'm missing at this point is the Spacetrooper.  But they'll show up at some point.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 3, 2009, 02:02 AM »
I've actually seen the spacetrooper almost every time I've found this wave (about ten times now).  I've even found him sitting with just Luke or Han and no aliens, which I find very odd.  The hardes one to get around my area is the Jawa by far.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 2, 2009, 11:23 PM »
In the old days, I'd never have seen the Spacetrooper after 8:05am. However, nobody's hitting stores at opening anymore, so when I'm taking a break and hit a store or two, I'm still seeing the entire wave when it's stocked that day.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #306 on: March 3, 2009, 06:21 PM »
I received my three Obi-Wans from Hasbro's online store.  What an awesome figure!  Truly the ultimate Old Ben Kenobi.

I'm displaying two in my BMF Falcon, one on the chair while Luke trains and the other in the cockpit (until I get a good ESB Han and Hoth Leia that can sit down).  The cloaks are nice and will most likely go on the AOTC Obi-Wans I purchase later in the year...the pics so far don't seem to have him wearing one.

This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 4, 2009, 11:58 PM »
Finaly I had completed the wave!  ;D

got one extra  Spacetrooper, wich is now my 5th  :)

The Jawa is awesome dough its not the 1st time that I saw it on the pegs but finaly bought it... Is very big compared to the previous ones, but watching the movie again, just surpriced me to see like two or three Jawas of 5-6' tall  in one scene ;D
« Last Edit: March 5, 2009, 12:03 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 9, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Opened up this wave over the weekend.  Anyone else get a Ben with a floppy head?  Mine seemed to loll all over the place.  A great set of figures though.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #309 on: March 9, 2009, 03:07 PM »
Anyone else get a Ben with a floppy head?  Mine seemed to loll all over the place. 

Yep, mine does too. It's the unadvertised action napping feature.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #310 on: March 9, 2009, 03:15 PM »
I got a 2nd Ben this weekend and he too has a floppy head, however after a time out of the package where it was getting stretched at the neck, Ben is doing well and not constantly looking down.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 9, 2009, 04:25 PM »
I have 1 Ben and his neck peg is floppy.

Maybe Hasbro should start packing Ben necks in with the replacement AT-TE legs.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #312 on: March 11, 2009, 02:10 AM »
I think it was a cool idea by Hasbro to make the neck a separate piece to keep from having a poor paintjob (see evolutions ROTS Anakin), but it obviously is not perfect.

I think the "droopy neck" can happen if you aren't carevul about removing the rubber bands in the packaging.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2009, 01:58 AM »
I think the neck's separate for greater range of motion more than anything...  Kenobi's old and a little stooped over in many scenes.  It's possible to avoid the floppy neck if you either cut the bands holding the figure in (carefully with fine point scissors), or to remove the table first and other areas the band is wrapped around the figure, and remove it around the neck last... 

I got another tonight and see how it's stretching it out in the packaging, but mostly it occurs trying to remove the figure from the package.  I'd suggest the first route of simply cutting the band, rather than "ripping the figure free" from his package.  Just some advice from me for what it's worth.  Mine came out fine tonight with out needing neck viagara.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 13, 2009, 12:06 AM »
I think the reason for the loose neck is because Hasbro reused the VOTC Obi-Wan torso for the new one and didn't want to modify the sculpt with a new "standard" neck peg.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks