Author Topic: Most Wanted Vehicles  (Read 13041 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Most Wanted Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 10:42 AM »
I can think of a few vehicles that could stand to be done as well as re-done.

EPISODE I
-Naboo N-1 starfighter - w/ vac metal parts, and working droid socket (which would require an R2 unit with telescoping dome)
-Trade Federation Battle Droid transport - I think this has a much greater likelihood of being made than the MTT.  The MTT is just huge, and this seems like a more attainable goal with some genuine play value.  As for getting my own MTT fix, I think that I might have to make do with tracking down the Pepsi MTT cooler.
-Gungan Bongo - This plays a  relevant enough role in TPM that it could do well with the kiddie audience

EPISODE II
-Dooku's Solar Sailor
-Republic Gunship - Carrier
-Rickshaw droid

EPISODE III
-Republic Assault Gunboat
-Yoda's Kashyyyk escape pod
-Droid Gunship
-Droid Tank
-Wookiee Catamaran
-Bail Organa's speeder
-Clone Turbo Tank
-Theta class shuttle
-Imperial V-Wing

EPISODE IV
-Imperial Landing Craft
-Rebel Hangar pilot transport

EPISODE V
-Snowspeeder - resized - The snowspeeder is really a small vehicle, and you can see the most striking contrast between the cockpit of the vintage toy (your figures swim in there) and the cramped cockpit of the vehicle in TESB.
-Twin pod cloud car

EPISODE VI
-Jabba's Sail Barge
-AT-ST - new sculpt - the scenes with Chewbacca and the Ewoks in the AT-ST really showed that the vehicle should be a twin seater.  Given the current state of the AT-AP, a more accurate AT-ST should be an attainable goal.

EXPANDED UNIVERSE
-Ebon Hawk - Why not go for one of the coolest EU ships of all time?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 07:00 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 12:28 PM »
EXPANDED UNIVERSE
-Ebon Hawk - Why not go for one of the coolest EU ships of all time?

Check this one out! (Not to scale with the figures, but an awesome scratch built nonetheless.

http://www.starwarsmodels.com/ebonhawk.html

I'd buy this if it was to scale and all the right panels could come off for interior access. I spent hours on that ship in KOTOR. Feels almost lilek a second home, lol.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 12:28 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 01:53 PM »
That is really cool...but isn't it red?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 02:52 PM »
Still though, most of those aren't anywhere even on their radar at this point.  I'm much more hopeful on the resculpt list though, especially the Speederbike (which I've slipped into the Q&A and was well received   ), the Snowspeeder, and the AT-ST.

I hadn't ever really realized how off the snowspeeder was until Jesse brought it to our attention in an earlier thread a year or two back.  I'm not near the expert on scale as he is, but I was just looking at the databank today - and just as an example, the length of the A-wing is listed as 9.6 meters and the length of the snowspeeder is listed as 5.3 meters.  I'm not sure, but I thought Jesse also mentioned one time that the A-Wing was close to being correct (if I'm remembering correctly), and if that is the case then the snowspeeder could definitely be smaller.  I'm hoping for a new sculpt for this as well, and it should easily be able to fit into the $20 starfighter line.  I would like to see more OT vehicles in that line the way it is.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Very cool stuff Sal!  Building a scratch model has got to be one of the most impressive things one can do in modeling.  But I'm equally puzzled by the new paint scheme.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 05:08 PM »
I think I prefer the blue on it. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 10:33 PM »
The Ebon Hawk's definitely red, and was a good choice on Nick's list for sure.  I'd be down for a Sith Fighter too really to accompany it.  Very cool ship indeed.

If you're ever curious on scale about the Snowspeeder, the concept for the snowspeeder was actually that the Rebels had frankensteined the cockpits of Y-Wings.  It's supposed to be that small.  The real tell-tale is the lifesize prop though and how cramped the pilots are in it.  That's one of the few times a prop's lifesize replica matched its model counterparts.  The EU airspeeder actually got the scale pretty accurate for that item, and that was ultimately the art that most closely matches the final snowspeeder.  Teeny tiny...  I guess that's one of the advantages of "speeders" over simply using fighters, is that they're a fraction the size and generally more maneuverable [/eu geek].

I agree the vintage is a great toy, but for accuracy it's just off.  Kind of like the POTF2 Luke speeder compared to the Saga resculpt.  Night and day to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 10:40 PM »
An Ebon Hawk would be amazing, but I'd like to see the crew made before we see the ship. At least a Carth or Atton to pilot the ship.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 12:28 PM »
The choice of blue instead of the correct red was at the discretion of the buyer of the model. I couldn't say why they'd want the blue vs the correct red.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 01:15 PM »
The choice of blue instead of the correct red was at the discretion of the buyer of the model. I couldn't say why they'd want the blue vs the correct red.

Probably because some people like to use a bit of creative licensing with their customs.