Author Topic: The Celebration V Speculation Thread  (Read 43823 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Celebration V Speculation Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 2, 2008, 01:50 PM »
The only thing I think hurts NY (NYC anyway) is cost/congestion...  It's better than LA though, or so I hear, for conventions.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 2, 2008, 05:47 PM »
Saskatchewan is where it should be. Very flat & layed out, you can see your home (for miles & miles), population 2 dogs & a chicken & home of the genuine Saskatchewan seal skin bindings.  :-X  Also north & central & a hop, skip & jump for Brent & I.  :P

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #17 on: April 2, 2008, 05:48 PM »
Never happen Dale now that we need passports to get there.   ;)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #18 on: April 5, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Sansweet discusses the rumors

We would very much like to continue Celebrations every year somewhere in the world, but we won’t be making any decisions until sometime after Celebration Japan.

Rick would love to see a Celebration happen in Australia so we’ll look to see if that is possible.

We certainly hope to do another Celebration in Europe, and maybe someday we could do Germany. I personally would love to see a Celebration in Berlin.

We are hoping to do a Celebration in the U.S. next year, and we’ll be looking at Midwest locations like Chicago as well as some further east.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: April 5, 2008, 08:16 PM »
Thanks for the info Nathan....   :P

Looks like rumors are aleady popping up...  from the folks at StarWarsActionNews and Rebelscum:

SWAN reports: Celebration V is very likely in 09, with Chicago the frontrunner as the venue.

Sansweet: We are hoping to do a Celebration in the U.S. next year, and we’ll be looking at Midwest locations like Chicago as well as some further east.

Just how many beers have you had so far today?   :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 6, 2008, 03:20 AM »

Just how many beers have you had so far today?   :D

Well, by now it's four, but at that point I was dead sober so I have no excuse. :P

Looks like I need to leave the "updates" to the professionals.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 9, 2008, 12:11 AM »
Never happen Dale now that we need passports to get there.   ;)

But Saskatchewan is also home of Corner Gas & not the gas Jesse left behind so to speak.  :P

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 1, 2008, 10:16 PM »
I say San Diego...only two hours away...they should have a east coast, west coast ...the people in the middle part of the country can have their choice where they want to go...

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 2, 2008, 02:12 AM »
That's not as fair as it initially sounds since San Diego already gets ComicCon. There really isn't **** out here in the Great Flatlands, except for local cons.

You can just as easily turn it around and say that the middle is equidistant between the people on the coasts. :P
« Last Edit: May 2, 2008, 02:13 AM by Nathan »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: May 2, 2008, 02:17 PM »
As time goes on there will likely be fewer conventions to "go around" as it were, so I think sticking to the central U.S. is a better option.  It leaves it open for themost people to attend ultimately from both coasts.  If this was the midst of the prequals I think alternating coasts works but eventually these will run out of steam I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 3, 2008, 08:13 PM »
dam it...I say So Cal for every single Celb from this point on...we know how to get things done!  ;D

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 3, 2008, 09:53 PM »
I'd vote for Chicago, specifically Rosemont as I'm only about 40 minutes from there!!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 07:37 PM »
I just saw this tid bit in a thread RS.

Star Wars L.A. Event Being Planned?

Star Wars Tribute Convention Show

Star Wars Tribute Convention Show
Los Angeles, California, USA
November 13 - November 15, 2009

Description:
George Lucas – Tributation show. 3-day Convention weekend Event. We are currently seeking ONLY Sponsors and Investors for this Convention Event, indoors (with a Profit return for Investors). (NO Vendors, NO Stages, NO Tickets, NO Merchandisings or such are needed.) Our Media Advertisings shall be USA-Wide, and we shall provide Sponsors full Media Advertisings with their names and logos in all ads. We shall also provide to Sponsors - Booth Space accommodations, Coupon Distribution, Product Sampling, etc., to fit their required needs. Our weekend Convention Event show includes appearances from the cast of actors for all 6 Hit films. The attending fans will have the opportunity to meet these stars In-Person for Autographs, have photos taken with their favorite actor, participate in daily activities, Auctions and Contests, sit in on Daily Fan Question and Answer sessions with the stars of the films, and a Dance Party in the evening. We also have Very Special surprises for the attending fans, unlike anything ever seen before at any other convention. This will be an opportunity Surely NOT to be missed by any "Star Wars" or "Indiana Jones" fan!

Performers:
We are inviting cast actors from the most successful and Hugely Hit films for "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones". Negotiations with cast actors are ongoing. A Full list of our cast stars to attend this show shall soon be released. (The movie cast star credits include - Mark Hammil, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Peter Meyhew, David Prowse, Billy Dee Williams, James Earl Jones, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christian, Ian McCallum, Christopher Lee, Frank Oz, Samuel L. Jackson, Jimmy Smits, Jeremy Bulloch, Ray Park, plus others) See our "Indiana Jones" show listing for more star info.

Directions:
To Date, this event show is scheduled to be held in Los Angeles, CA. More Exact venue location details shall be determined soon.

Times:
The event show time hours shall be from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm for Friday and Saturday. Hours for Sunday are from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm. There will also be Daily activities during all 3 days. Also, the Date for this event May change due to the Actors available schedules.

Admission & Parking:
Event weekend ticket = $100. Weekend VIP ticket = $500. More info TBA. Parking is TBA.

November 13 - November 15! WTF?... over!

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 11:30 AM »
San Diego is perfect, perfect weather,perfect people.LA people suck prefect entertainment
Zoo, Sea World,beaches, night life and perfect convention center. 5 minutes away from my house...
He's no good to me open

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Does it really matter where the convention is placed when gas will be $7 a gallon then and airfairs only the very rich could afford?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours