Author Topic: Animated OT Figures?  (Read 8723 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Animated OT Figures?
« on: March 27, 2008, 08:57 PM »
If the CW3D show is very popular, and they maintain the animated style figures for 2-3 years, I wonder if they would pepper in some "classic" characters in the same style?  I only wonder this because of all of the Animated style statues that Gentle Giant releases of OT charcters.  I can see it happening, as well as "realistic" CW3D figures making it into the Legacy line.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 10:36 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Animated OT Figures?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Thought?

That's a bad idea to me personally, but I wouldn't put it past them if it's popular.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 12:50 AM »
I think it would matter on two things:

1. How popular the Animated figures are.

2. If the OT characters make appearances in the cartoon.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I don't know if I see the Star Wars line going animated, but like others have said, if Clone Wars is really popular I could see the chances of getting more figures in that style going up.  I do see where a bit of a precedent has been set with the GG statues/maquettes though.  Things would get crazy if we started seeing things outside of the Clone Wars get the animated treatment though, judging from the majority's opinions on the CW animated line.

Aside from the figures, I personally would like to see a series (like Clone Wars) set in the OT time frame.  I might be in the minority there, but I miss the OT focus a little bit and wouldn't mind seeing the adventures of our favorite Rebels and Imperials every week as well.  Nothing wrong with the Clone Wars mind you, I'm looking forward to that too, but it would just be kind of neat to see an OT animated series as well.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 09:33 AM »
I like Brian's idea of an OT animated series with our Rebels in it...

as for figures, if they did it that's fine. I would not be interested in them, but there are others that would be, I'm sure. I'd prefer to get our OT wants that we see on our JD wishlists that Scott does done first than to see animated versions of Luke, Han and the like.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Wow, I never even though of that possibility. Creative thinking there Speedermike. The idea is interesting, but I'd probably pass on them just because I already have too much stuff, not because I think it's a bad concept.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 01:11 PM »
I don't see it happening, and hope it doesn't.  If it does, I'll be passing.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 12:53 AM »
I'm not for it, but I can see it happening.

If it does, I'll just be saving that much more on SW figures. And really, I don't have a problem with that.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 11:10 PM »
I don't think that would ever happen. I personally don't see the animated style line lasting too far beyond mid-2009.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 10:24 AM »
I would buy an animated Tusken Raider if it looked like this.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 07:35 PM »
I could see Hasbro doing this,  I hope they do so I don't feel the need to buy them,  But we still wouldn't get animated droids or ewok figures though.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Muftak, thanks for the enthusiasm for my work.  I hope you were being sincere!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 11:11 PM »
I have no doubt Hasbro will go this route if the CW animated line is successful. They've pretty much done all they can in the basic line as it is. When you're doing figures from a deleted scene that no one's ever seen from a movie that's 25 years old, that's the bottom of the barrel.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 12:31 PM »
...When you're doing figures from a deleted scene that no one's ever seen from a movie that's 25 years old, that's the bottom of the barrel.

Exactly. And this bodes poorly for the realistic line in the future. Without many repaint/reissue options left in realistic style, I can easily see Hasbro restarting the line in animated fashion, so as to put the characters out there all over again, just now in animated style.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 12:52 PM »
No way. Animated OT would be as stupid as putting PT on vintage style cards.  :-X
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!