Author Topic: SITH_FIRE30'S Customs - 8/09 DARTH KRAYT - SW LEGACY  (Read 19333 times)

Offline sith29

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
SITH_FIRE30'S Customs - 8/09 DARTH KRAYT - SW LEGACY
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:36 PM »
Hello all!
Many months ago I began work on what I knew would be a very difficult custom to create - the Legacy Sith Lord, Darth Krayt. It's my most detailed sculpt to date, and one that has taken me many months to bring to fruition. I began with a sanded down skeleton of what used to be Garindan, then little by little emerged to what you are seeing now - I'm very proud of completeing this piece - where I could have given up in frustration, I came up with a couple new techniques to achieve what I wanted from this figure..and he's HEAVY! About 99% of this figure has been sculpted using AVES FIXIT SCULPT - and if this custom doesn't show you what FIXIT can do, I don't know what else can :)

First check out some pics of the WIP before I bagan painting the finished sculpt.

Some things to point out...

1. The head is interchangeable - With or without helmet.
2. A second version of the helmet was created to sit upon the custom stand I sculpted. You see this stand only briefly in the Legacy comic when at his thrown.
3. The A'Sharad Hett sculpt (without helmet) does have a long ponytail not seen in the pics -but rest assured, it is there ;)
4. The shoulder armor is it's own seperate piece - floating on a connector behind the neck of the figure which allows the shoulders more free movement.
5. There will be a place to fit 2 sculpted lightsaber hilts to his upper back. I haven't finished the sabers yet.
6. Each plate of armor going across his crotch and waist/upper legs are seperate and moveable, attached to a plastic tab that wraps around the waist joint  - enabiling him to move his upper legs more freely.

And now my finished, painted image of Darth Krayt...

Scale Shot with penny..

Without Helmet and Stand

Finally some pics of Krayt (and a couple wip in the background) within his Sith Temple (under construction).

Hope you guys enjoy the pics! Please let me know if you have any questions or critiques - Thanks!

sith_fire30

5/22/08,

Hey guys! Another quick update with some wip images of customs that are nearing completion...

Jarael from the Dark Horse comic series Knights of the Old Republic...

Her sculpt is complete but I am still working on her numerous accessories (battle staff and bag). I have also completed a "brian Ching" variant head sculpt. More to come soon!

One of the notorious (or they would like to think) Moomo brothers from the same comic series...here is Del Moomo...the pics say Dob..which is his brother...I got confused...LOL!.

Sculpt is still in process, and I'm thinking of painting the figure first before I attach the fur collar Del wears which I was able to obtain from a stuffed animal toy I won at the state fair LOL!

Finally, a pic of Mara Jade (painting in progress) - More pics soon of her I promise!

She has an alternate head sculpt which is complete, and looks a bit like Angelina Jolie in the right light LOL! guess I had her on my mind when I sculpted Mara! More red will be added to her hair for sure but not overkill...I like the interpretations that show Mara sporting a more Auburn hair style...I think I will go with that. 

Hope you guys enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions or critiques.

Have a great Memorial day weekend and remember all those brave men and women who have given their lives so that we can enjoy what we do here and all of our freedoms!

sith_fire30

5/14/08

Quick update - thanks for all the questions and comments!

Another character that I am a big fan of is Jedi Master K'Krunk - Talk about a guy that's seen it all! Impressive as he is in his faith and patience through several wars and governemntal changes over many, many years, it's his warrior strength and spirit that's equally impressive. And his ability to focus his rage upon his enemies without falling to the dark side...a veteran of the clone wars only to be scarred with the post war fury within him...but knows how to reclaim his "cool". Once you arrive at the Legacy era, K'Kruhk has become just that - a Legacy...and the total personification of a true jedi next to Obiwan and Yoda.   

Below is my second custom of K'Kruhk - based on his appearance in the Dark Horse comics series, Dark Times.

I have created a head scupt of the calm, focused Jedi we all love...but am know creating a version I have always wanted of K'Kruhk - the last look an enemy sees before everything goes black...Hope you enjoy! :)

Much more to come!

sith_fire30

« Last Edit: August 9, 2008, 04:13 PM by sith29 »

Offline darth krayt

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: SITH_FIRE30'S Customs - Scum and Villainy WIP
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 09:53 AM »
i follow your work on other boards with out doubt you are the best customizer there is hasbro would be proud to make figures as good as yours.cant wait to see all your legacy customs finished keep up the fantastic work

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 11:54 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o OMG! Brilliant! 8) 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 01:22 PM »
Welcome back Sith_fire!  :D <doing the happy dance>

It's great to see your stuff again. Now I don't have to go looking for your stuff anymore. It's all back again. I love seeing these new wip pictures. It's amazing how much detail you are getting out of your sculpts. I like the texture of the hair on Harll and the expression on Lumbra's face is priceless. How are you liking the Microman/woman bodies?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 03:07 PM »
holy cow!

i havnt seen sith fire post in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages lol....but yeah...awsome stuff man
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 09:09 AM »
Yeah, pretty awesome stuff. Can't say anything but perfect.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline sith29

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Thanks Guys! UPDATE!! Many updates to come!!!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Spectacular!  That Khaleen is incredible!  What's the base?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Khaleen is a thing of beauty. Is that a wrestler body?

I just love seeing very high quality customs.

Offline sith29

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Spectacular!  That Khaleen is incredible!  What's the base?

Thanks!! Actually the base was an Aayla Secura, sanded down to a skeleton using a dremel, then sculpted up using FIXIT.

Offline sith29

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Khaleen is a thing of beauty. Is that a wrestler body?

Thanks bud - Most of it was an Aayla Secura body, sanded down all over with a dremel..no detail is left behind and becomes nothing more but a "blank" with articulation..then I go back and sculpt over the skeleton using FIXIT.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
as much as i love all your other work, i must say your khaleen is not exactly the best i've ever seen. for one her hair doesn't match, but her face is spot on as usual.

your still the best in my book, but that hair just doesn't jive. and believe me i know how much guff you get off of doing a customs hair the way you personally see it. (my c'baoth)

Offline sith29

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
hair doesn't match, just doesn't jive.

Hey bud thanks for letting me know what you think - I personally feel there are many things that need adjustments but IMO the hair isn't one of them...the color could be made a bit lighter I suppose...but nothing that would be noticed in certain light anyway. The sculpt of the hair I felt was close...not 100% but close...I had to sacrifice some accuracy for head movement. But hey, thanks for letting me know your observations - it always helps and gets me to look at the sculpt again for changes that can be made.

sith_fire30   

Offline sith29

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Bump for update - Thanks for all the comments guys!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
What to me makes these figures incrediable is that these are 3 3/4" figures are not 12". The detail on them makes me think these are bigger than they actually are. It's a great illusion.