Author Topic: Glass Display Cases?  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: Glass Display Cases?
« Reply #15 on: April 1, 2008, 12:06 PM »
I can vouch for the Detolf's that Rob mentioned.  But I think I paid something like $80 at the store for them and I bought two.  There are a few pics of my collection if you go to the vintage section and take a look at my Han focus. I don't have a group shot of all of the collection in both sets of shelves.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 1, 2008, 12:14 PM »
That was the price I was thinking ($80) for Detolfs Chris, but when I checked online yesterday at Ikea.com, $59.99 came up.  Maybe it's a sale?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 1, 2008, 01:15 PM »
That was the price I was thinking ($80) for Detolfs Chris, but when I checked online yesterday at Ikea.com, $59.99 came up.  Maybe it's a sale?

Wow, I wish I had waited another year to buy mine.  Might have to spring for a third case just for the hell of it.  I'm going to overflow mine pretty soon anyway.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 1, 2008, 05:12 PM »

Wow, I wish I had waited another year to buy mine.  Might have to spring for a third case just for the hell of it.  I'm going to overflow mine pretty soon anyway.

Good lord at just 180 figures per case, I'd have to get at a minimum 17 cases. That's over $1K for cases alone at the $60 cheaper price. I think I'll just wait and build a custom case, some being the large enclosed dioramas that I've been planning for, for sometime now.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #19 on: April 1, 2008, 05:18 PM »
I wouldn't use the Detolfs for action figures as it only has 4 shelves and isn't expandable as far as being able to add more shelves. It leaves a ton of dead space above the figures. I'd use the Detolfs for tall items like 12" figures.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 1, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Good lord at just 180 figures per case, I'd have to get at a minimum 17 cases. That's over $1K for cases alone at the $60 cheaper price. I think I'll just wait and build a custom case, some being the large enclosed dioramas that I've been planning for, for sometime now.

I bought two Detolfs and used them to make a custom case.  I used all three sides of one and the doors of both as five glass display shelves.  That allowed me to make a pretty sweet 6' x 6' display shelf AND left me with a spare Detolf ( minus the door ) to display some bigger figs and Marvel Legends.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today