Author Topic: Most Anticipated Item for 7/26?  (Read 7542 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Most Anticipated Item for 7/26?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Until I picked it up, it was the BMF for me. Now, it's the Rebel Pilot Evo sets.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I forgot about the Evo sets.  Man they have a lot coming out at once. 

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 11:37 AM »
Rebel Evo sets. I just hope Canada gets them up here lol.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 12:55 PM »
While not an anticipated item, I always look forward to watching several grown men storm through TRU's doors like they are giving the **** away. It's like watching starving people being handed food from the Red Cross. I never get tired of watching the insanity and desperation in the faces of collectors who always believe there is not enough to go around. You know, the ones that salivate at the mouth scanning the other customers carts for anything they may have missed. The ones that have the demeanor of a caged beast lurking for some scraps to snatch up in their grubby paws. So far I have seen 2 fights out of the 3 Midnight Madness events I have been to. (CA & NJ TRU's)

I love watching the fray, it's better than buying the product! I can't wait. I may bring a camera this time to catch the action.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 12:45 PM »
That is amusing.  I remember going to Target the morning ROTS items were released.  The best was this lady absolutely rifling through the pegs knocking into people to find the red clonetrooper.  She was like the Tazmanian Devil I tell you.  Everybody just backed up and let her go at it and we all looked at each other like "Wow!  She really wants that figure badly. Let's just let her have it guys."  The good thing about it was she was quick and gone.  Then the guys resumed their hunting and gathering techniques. 

I may be that way trying to find a Yarna.  Everyone thinks it will pegwarm but the problem is that is the figure I want so it will be tough to locate for me.  That is just how it goes for me it seems like.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 03:45 PM »
That is amusing.  I remember going to Target the morning ROTS items were released.  The best was this lady absolutely rifling through the pegs knocking into people to find the red clonetrooper.  She was like the Tazmanian Devil I tell you.  Everybody just backed up and let her go at it and we all looked at each other like "Wow!  She really wants that figure badly. Let's just let her have it guys."  The good thing about it was she was quick and gone.  Then the guys resumed their hunting and gathering techniques. 

I am glad the areas I have been to are not the only ones with the ignorant idiots. I have seen and experienced similar "let the ******* go first thing" with other friendly collectors. But for the sake of principle when I witness that kind of behavior I have to make it a point to call them on it and not let let them get their way. It's times like those I let the Sicilian in me come out and I go into the East Coast Goomba mode. I am a pretty big guy so I like to muscle in on them and get what they are looking for only to give it to someone else right in front of them. I had that kind of experience in CA during ROTS at Target with Aayla Secura and the Red Clone Commander figures with a real MOC freak pushy collector. Nothing is better than crunching the packages in front of their eyes as I place them in my cart. This dude literally gasped in disbelief. I am a South Philly guy so I cannot help myself in situations like those.....I know it's wrong but it's so....enjoyable! ;D

The more I think about this MM sale the more I think that it will not be that bad, I am not sure the turnout will be the same as ROTS. We shall see.

I am trying to get my Father in law to go to guard my cart and film the action. If I get anything on video I will post it here.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Nothing is better than crunching the packages in front of their eyes as I place them in my cart. This dude literally gasped in disbelief. I am a South Philly guy so I cannot help myself in situations like those.....I know it's wrong but it's so....enjoyable! ;D

I think that's pretty messed up especially considering that most people were out waiting in line for hours and hours to get in.  Good thing you're a big guy - because I'd kick your ass if you did that to me.   ;) 

I know that people get insane at these things, but I'd rather sit on the sidelines and watch the freaks do their thing.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 04:31 PM »
It's those kinds of situations that give Hot Wheels collectors a good name, or at least some company.  Having collected McFarlane stuff in the heyday, Hot Wheels guys are really any worse than action figure collectors.  Freaks is an apt description.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 12:00 AM »
I think that's pretty messed up especially considering that most people were out waiting in line for hours and hours to get in.  Good thing you're a big guy - because I'd kick your ass if you did that to me.   ;) 

I know that people get insane at these things, but I'd rather sit on the sidelines and watch the freaks do their thing.

I agree, it is messed up, especially to shove and bully for action figures. I with many others waited in line (with my 11yr old cousin he shoved out of the way). I am a firm believer of treating others as you want to be treated. You treat me or my friends/family like an ******* you will get it back 10 fold. I don't look for it nor start it but when provoked I will finish it.

I loved every minute of it, I can still see the look on his face. I actually think he was a Hot wheel guy. Most SW collectors are pretty nice guys.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 03:37 PM »

1) AT-TE - It's been 6 years. It's about time we got it.
2) Millenium Falcon - Hell's yeah, this is the Falcon we were looking for!
3) Spider Droid - This was WAY overdue. I've been campaigning for this for 2-3 years now. Glad to see it's been made. (2 tonight then 2 more later)
4) Yarna - I can't believe I'm actually excited over a fat dancer, now bring on ICMG!
5) All of Legacy wv2. This is one wave I'm squad building half of the figures from.

While I'm getting much more than just these, those are definitely my top 5 picks in order.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 12:18 PM »
Ok, now that 7/26 is over and we've seen a look at the rest of 2008 (and some of 2009) - what are you looking forward to the most at this point?

There are still things from the big release day that I'd like to pick up eventually (AT-TE, V-19, Evolutions Rebel Pilots II, a few basic figures), but as far as "new" stuff that we've seen and is confirmed, I'm personally looking forward to:

2009 Wave 1 (ANH)
Battle Packs (Shield Generator, Yavin)
Target Exclusive Sarlacc UBP
Galactic Heroes (TRU Rancor, 2009 Snowspeeder)
Clone Wars Plo Koon (and others)

Just a lot of nice stuff on the way this year still, and some we probably don't know about yet either.  The Legacy line is a winner to me, and honestly, the Clone Wars line is pulling me in too (I'm sure especially once the movie/series is out).  The Sarlacc Pit UBP is something I didn't expect to ever see (and I missed the earlier Skiff release), so that is really nifty to me.  Overall though, 2009 Wave 1 (ANH) looks amazing - definitely jazzed for that.