Author Topic: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 83542 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi
« Reply #405 on: October 27, 2009, 12:59 PM »
You know, I was sort of surprised - our local Target got a case of this wave in last week, and the Leia/Luke/Ewoks disappeared within a day.  Here it is almost a week and a half later, and the rest of the wave is still hanging on the pegs.  I would have thought the whole thing would have sold right away, and people are especially missing out with those Jabba goons.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 27, 2009, 04:03 PM »
I've seen parts of this wave on a few occasions at a couple of Targets. I've seen the situation Brian described, only the Skiff Guards missing, and then only the pilot and Prune Face. So it seems different shoppers are after different figures. On all occasions the repacks were gone.

I've only picked up the Nikto Gunner and the Ewoks so far. The Ewoks are cool looking, but nothing special. It's still cool to add more variety to the tribe I suppose. The Nikto gunner is bland in my opinion but it's still a cool figure. I'm hoping to pick up several more to outfit my skiff. It's awesome that the cannon can connect to the rails.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 27, 2009, 04:40 PM »
I have only seen this wave once so far and the funny thing is that the Anakin, Obi-Wan, Biker Scout and Jango repacks are STILL in the store.

When I found the wave, the only new figures left were Luke, Leia and Malakili. Finding the Leia was great for me since I definitely want two of her to open - so I can have her displayed both ways. Same thing with the Luke so I can have him on display with the different chest pieces.

I've yet to stumble on any other figures from this wave, but I'm not too worried, that was the same situation with the EP1 wave and then it was like an EP1 figure explosion around here.

If all else fails, I'll just order some cases from EE.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 27, 2009, 06:24 PM »
Our MN group may have a spare for you if you can't find this soon.  My spare is spoken for, but I know a few of the other guys have picked up extras this last week.

Jeff's hooking me up - thanks anyway though.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #409 on: October 29, 2009, 10:47 AM »
I re-accessorized Major Panno to create a few Dresselian Commandos using Vintage, OTC and TSC cloaks. With a little paint and different weapons, he could be one of the best Rebel army builders to come along in some time.

Left to right:
Original, w/Vintage Prune Face cloak, w/Vintage Jedi Luke cloak, w/OTC Jedi Luke cloak, w/TSC Garindan cloak
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:48 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 29, 2009, 11:26 AM »
NICE. I love the simple and really effective cape swaps Jayson.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #411 on: November 12, 2009, 03:40 AM »
Jayson, I was so inspired by your photo of just simple reaccessorizing that I upped a Panno too tonight with an Endor poncho (cut the hood loose so it's not sewn to the back of the poncho), and a Power Team Elite figure's backpack.  Added a Clone Trooper blaster carbine for a touch of them using older army surplus from the last war...  He looks slick as hell like that.  Not film accurate, but worth a looksee.

Panno's probably one of the most diverse figures ever I think.  Fantastic army builder htough he maybe wasn't intended as such.  My favorite from that wave of pretty great figures.  I wish I could find a load of them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #412 on: November 19, 2009, 08:01 PM »
I'm hoping for a little help here.

If someone has a spare head and third led for the R3-01 (the blue) BAD, could you give me a PM?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 27, 2009, 09:18 AM »
Rotj wave is nice, decent sculpt although the scale of action figuresī height gets shorter.

Perhaps the most notable difference in height is the case of Malakili, I expected he could be depicted a bit taller.

Maybe the smaller box determines smaller action figures (exception: Chewie variants)

Hasbro should have the challenge to make another Nien Nunb from Millennium Falcon cockpit

The case of Giran and Nikto Gunner makes me hope the new super articulated gamorrean guard could be planned for 2010.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 12, 2009, 01:06 AM »
I think I've been SCAMMED with the DSII Luke BAD part!!   ???

I recently acquired DSII Luke, and he should have this blue BAD part.

But instead I got the part packed with the ANH R2-D2

I'm wondering if this was just an honest mistake on Hasbro's part since the BAD parts are so similar, or if maybe another collector removed the parts and swapped them.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 08:29 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #415 on: December 12, 2009, 01:20 AM »
Neither. Luke was repacked into the ANH wave as a case filler/ carry forward figure and thus his BAD part was switched to match the other R3-A2 BAD parts of that wave.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 01:27 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 12, 2009, 02:28 AM »
I think I've been SCAMMED with the DSII Luke BAD part!!   ???

I recently acquired DSII Luke, and he should have this blue BAD part.

But instead I got the part packed with the ANH R2-D2

I'm wondering if this was just an honest mistake on Hasbro's part since the BAD parts are so similar, or if maybe another collector removed the parts and swapped them.

You got the DS II Luke that was packed in a wave 3 case.  That version of Luke includes the R3-A2 dome & center leg.  If you had gotten DS II Luke from a wave 2 case, it would have come with the R3-M3 dome & center leg.  If you need that particular droid part, it's also available with BD14 - Anakin Skywalker &  BD25 - Saleucami Trooper.

You can check out a full rundown on all of the droid parts here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 02:33 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 12, 2009, 02:52 PM »
Thanks guys - now I can breathe a sigh of relief.  ;)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 12, 2009, 03:48 PM »
Yeah, I got Luke the other day and came with the orange astromech.  I was slightly disappointed as I want the blue one more.  Sorry, I don't know the names of the astromechs they all blur together for me after awhile. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 12, 2009, 06:03 PM »
I actually think R3-A2 (the orange one) came out better than R3-M3 (the blue one). I like how R3-A2's dome is made of clear plastic as opposed to the frosted plastic of R3-M3.

I still bought enough figures to build two of each of them though. They'll come in handy displayed in various dioramas or thrown into various vehicles with droid sockets.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!