Author Topic: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 83535 times)

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi
« Reply #420 on: December 13, 2009, 12:52 AM »
You know, I was sort of surprised - our local Target got a case of this wave in last week, and the Leia/Luke/Ewoks disappeared within a day.  Here it is almost a week and a half later, and the rest of the wave is still hanging on the pegs.  I would have thought the whole thing would have sold right away, and people are especially missing out with those Jabba goons.

I noticed the same thing - except in my case the Luke figures didnt sell as fast - but I stopped at a local WM and the Jabbas Palace guys, Panno, and the rebel pilot have stuck around in numbers, there were multiples of each, which strikes me as odd, since they are great figures, minus the rebel pilot whos a bore.  It could be the case that collectors already have them and parents were the ones buying Luke, Leia, and the ewoks...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 14, 2009, 01:49 PM »
Luke and Leia were near to non-existent near me. Ewoks came in a close second to them. The Skiff guards were easy to find and IMO great figures. I bought extras for customs.

Nein Nunb shows up the most. I suppose that's because of Hasbro's just having released him in an Evolutions set. (great choice there H... rolls eyes)

Surprisingly, Malakili and Panno have sold well. Neither are pegwarmers and only stay on the shelves just a smidge longer than the skiff guards.

This was a solid wave, IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #422 on: December 14, 2009, 04:07 PM »
Panno stays on the shelves longer than the skiff guards?  Your side of town and mine must be way different.  I see the skiff guards semi-frequently and Panno I'm lucky to find one at this point.  He sold just slightly less than Luke/Leia everywhere I go.  Usually I see the Nikto Guard, Malikili, and Nein Numb with Giran next...  Panno, Luke, Leia and the Ewoks are usually gone.

I see these shipping still though so things can change.  I find a new case of them has been opened every whipstitch.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 14, 2009, 08:54 PM »
I see the skiff guards semi-frequently and Panno I'm lucky to find one at this point. 

I've seen around Panno and Sciffies 50/50. It's Malakilli that's tends to be around the longest. And I've caught Luke hanging around - I'm surprised that it was Luke, not Leia on the pegs. :o Even the Ewoks were gone.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 16, 2009, 03:18 PM »
Panno stays on the shelves longer than the skiff guards?  Your side of town and mine must be way different.  I see the skiff guards semi-frequently and Panno I'm lucky to find one at this point.  He sold just slightly less than Luke/Leia everywhere I go.  Usually I see the Nikto Guard, Malikili, and Nein Numb with Giran next...  Panno, Luke, Leia and the Ewoks are usually gone.

I see these shipping still though so things can change.  I find a new case of them has been opened every whipstitch.

Well I did say a smidge. By that I mean maybe one day longer than the others. That's hardly of significance. This whole wave has sold very well.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 16, 2009, 04:22 PM »
Near me its Malikili and Luke that are most likely to sit.  Followed closely by Pranno.  I've seen the B-Winger and Sciffies a few times, the Ewoks once and no Leia.
I am not the Stig

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 16, 2009, 05:12 PM »
I hardly ever spot the furballs.  Same with Leia.  Around here, Panno & Malikili are keeping the pegs plenty warm. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 16, 2009, 06:19 PM »
I keep seeing Nien Numb, Malakili and Giran - I guess there's no love for the Rancor keepers.  :-\

It got two of each so I could display them both with Jabba's Rancor AND also as filler characters in my Jabba's throne room set-up.

Both are great figures.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 17, 2009, 12:18 AM »
It's funny how Hasbro gave Leia a C-rating, since female figures don't tend to sell well. This Leia is most definitely an A-rating on the shelves! She's always gone! The Emperor has foreseen most incorrectly...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:19 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #429 on: December 17, 2009, 01:36 AM »
Part of that is her case-packing too though.  She's 1-per I believe.  Her slave costume's one of those things too that I think a lot of people would buy that normally might not buy otherwise for on their computer desk or some such.

I've only seen her twice in the wild...  Luke slightly more, Panno slightly more than that, then the Skiff Guards, then Nein Numb, and then Malikili is the "pegwarmer" who I see semi-routinely.  From Panno to Leia though, those 3 I rarely see ever.  I'd probably have 20 Panno's by now if I could find them in any quantity.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #430 on: December 17, 2009, 09:43 AM »
She's hard to get.  She's the only fig from the last three waves that I haven't seen anywhere.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to swap heads between Giran, Nikto or Nien Numb? I don't have any of these yet, but was thinking of getting a couple extras if it's easy to swap parts.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #432 on: December 19, 2009, 12:03 PM »
Not really.  The Nikto head will fit on Giran, but the others don't swap well at all.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #433 on: December 19, 2009, 01:53 PM »
I got a question...I bought this whole wave, why do I have two blue R2 BAD body pieces, and no head for the blue one?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #434 on: December 19, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Not sure Mike, but Luke should come with the blue R2's dome.