Author Topic: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 83551 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave ? - Return of the Jedi (2009)
« Reply #30 on: August 2, 2008, 03:21 PM »
For me the 2 most important would be an SA Endor Rebel and and SA generic Dresselian.

Anything else is gravy, could never hurt to make more ewoks.  Ackbar and Nien Numb SA would be stellar as well.

I'd be cool with either of those, and you're right that a SA Endor Rebel should be a top priority. And while I'd love a new Dresselian figure, I doubt Hasbro considers it so important.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 2, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Revising my previous speculative list...

-Luke Skywalker - Death Star 2 duel
-Slave Leia - SA
-Malakili
-Wicket & Lumat 2-pack
-AT-ST Driver - SA, removable helmet
-Nien Nunb - SA, removable cap
-Wooof - Vintage Klaatu
-Cane Addis
BAF - R5 unit from Home One
BAF - R2 unit from Home One
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
2009 Return of the Rancor Keeper!
« Reply #32 on: August 4, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Pegwarmers rejoice, you will have company soon!

From the Jawa's Q&A:

2)  There was previous mention by Hasbro of a ROTJ style Rancor based on the recent TFU Target exclusive Rancor mold. Is this still coming, and will it come with a newly sculpted Malakili, the Rancor Keeper? This figure is long overdue for an update and packing him in with the Rancor seems to be the best way to prevent him from pegwarming.

By now, you have seen the Rancor based on the new TFU mold (with new molded parts for EpVI).  He (she?) will come with Luke, but we can confirm that a new Malakili will be coming in 2009 in the EpVI wave.

Yakface, Skiff Guards, Gammoreaons, Ree-Yees so many great characters that need updates. The Rancor Keeper, in my opinion, still holds up enough. I find this an odd choice to have on the short list given his ghastly peg warming status of years past. While I welcome any new OTC offerings, I am not saying "YES!" to myself for this figure confirmation.

Thoughts?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 4, 2008, 05:02 PM »
A resculpt of the rancor keeper, but still no Jabba's Palace Klaatu? Criminal.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: August 4, 2008, 05:09 PM »
A resculpt of the rancor keeper, but still no Jabba's Palace Klaatu? Criminal.

When they finally do produce Klaatu, I hope they give him the fabric "loincloth" skirt/wrap like the vintage figure had - none of that limiting plastic shite.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 5, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Agreed. I think they'll do a good job on him when they do get around to it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 5, 2008, 08:50 PM »
The repaint I gave to Yakface makes him sufficient for me in terms of resculpt need, and I've never felt the Gamorreans were poorly done.  The weequays though could desperately use a resculpt.

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 5, 2008, 09:21 PM »
The Gamorreans weren't *bad*, but some added articulation in the arms and two non-fist hands would be nice.  I'd also like to see the pike weapon they use when Luke chokes the pair of them at the gates, or maybe a different pose more like in the publicity shots.

...but yeah, the Rancor Keeper is an interesting choice.  The only reason I could see to do it is because there's an easy repaint in there-- Flailos from the arena in the Clone Wars cartoons.  Which, while I admit is stupid, is something I would run out and push people out of the way to get.  (I LOVE the realistic toys based on the show.  Get me a Dulok from #21 and I'd probably break an international law or two.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #38 on: August 5, 2008, 09:25 PM »
For me, the Yakface is alright, though I wouldn't might a rework similar to how they transitioned the Momaw Nadan figure from POTF2 to TSC. Though some soft good would be nice upgrade perhaps.

Adam, I total agree on the Pig Guard. The arms are in need of a major rework for the pike holding ability. Hope that'll be taken into consideration.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2008, 09:27 PM by Jayson »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 6, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Although the POTF2 Gamorrean Guard isn't too bad of a figure overall, its one that I've always looked forward to being redone.  Part of it might be that it was one of the first vintage figures I can remember buying, so I've always liked them, but I also think it would be one of those re-dos that we'd be surprised how much better they could do these days.  There have been a few figures the past couple years that we've said "the POTF2 one is good enough", and then we're really surprised how much better they can do now.  I think the Guard would be a great update, and one I hope we see before too long.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 6, 2008, 09:37 AM »
I could get behind the Gamorian Guard as well. Weequey too. All of those POTF2 one should get a resculpt - but not necessarily before we get a Jabba's palace Klaatu.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: August 6, 2008, 11:41 PM »
I think the following resculpts are needed from POTF2 (and while Malikali is a dumb choice, he did need a resculpt):

Ackbar
Nein Nunb
Gam Guard
Orimarrko
Weequay
AT-ST Driver
Ree Yees

Outside of Ree Yees though, almost every one of those guys was a HUGE pegwarmer, I mean gigantic...I think they finally worked through a lot of the case ratio issues that plagued the line for a lot of years but still, I think they are gunshy of these guys for that reason

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 7, 2008, 08:15 AM »
Outside of Ree Yees though, almost every one of those guys was a HUGE pegwarmer, I mean gigantic...

I have to take issue with you there, brother. I wouldn't call something released in overly obscene amounts a pegwarmer so much as a huge marketing screw-up on Kenner's part. The only reason these guys "pegwarmed" back in the day was because Kenner went from solid cases of them in '97 on the green cards to more solid cases of them in '98 with the freeze frames while the '97 figures were still plentiful. More than a case ration problem, it was a matter of "people will want to buy all the old figures again now that they have slides, let's make twice as many!"

Prune Face was certainly a casualty of that mess, but being a new figure in '98, I never saw him on a peg until the deep discount of 2000 that cleared out all the old crud (alongside Mon Mothma, Lobot, and Prisoner Chewie.)

ReeYees barely saw a peg. A very few cases made it to retail but the majority of those figures were sold via the Fan Club.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: August 7, 2008, 02:09 PM »
I'd note the AT-ST driver is an army builder and if done right I think he'd move really well at this point.  Lots of demand for that one...  Sure he pegwarmed back when, but so did other steaming piles regardless of what character they were.  AT-ST Driver would do good today I think.

I personally think any of those could do well today in that waves are so crammed together anymore and demand just seems higher today than 97, 98, etc.  Those were fun times in one way, but in another the line was really screwed up on various levels.  From the sculpting, to the articulation/playability of the toys, to the mass glut of stuff we were getting, and so on. 

Nothing sucked quite like 2002 though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #44 on: August 7, 2008, 03:09 PM »
I'd note the AT-ST driver is an army builder and if done right I think he'd move really well at this point.  Lots of demand for that one...  Sure he pegwarmed back when, but so did other steaming piles regardless of what character they were.  AT-ST Driver would do good today I think.

Jesse, how close is the AT-ST driver to the Imperial Scanning Tech in terms of outfit? Could a base figure be created to essentially give us both characters?