Author Topic: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 83554 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Legacy Wave ? - Return of the Jedi (2009)
« Reply #45 on: August 7, 2008, 03:22 PM »
Nothing sucked quite like 2002 though.

I Wholeheartedly agree with that. It's the only year since 91' I stopped collecting.

I think the following resculpts are needed from POTF2 (and while Malikali is a dumb choice, he did need a resculpt):

Ackbar
Nein Nunb
Gam Guard
Orimarrko
Weequay
AT-ST Driver
Ree Yees

Outside of Ree Yees though, almost every one of those guys was a HUGE pegwarmer, I mean gigantic...I think they finally worked through a lot of the case ratio issues that plagued the line for a lot of years but still, I think they are gunshy of these guys for that reason

Adding Yakface to that list and I would say that's who really does need a resculpt. I think times were different back then and some of those would move better now especially the Gammoreans and AT-ST drivers.

The Rancor Keeper is someone I can still see warming the pegs. I have a theory that Hasbro must have got the vibe that the last Rancor Keeper was sold (at some backwater drug store in the middle of nowhere). Thinking that it would jinx the Star Wars line if there was not one out at retail, they had to make another to take the mantle of King Pegwarmer. It's like living with a pain for so long you get used to it and cannot live without it.

It's debatable which figure in the SW line is truly king of the pegwarmers: Xizor or the Rancor Keeper. This would make a great thread if there has not been one like this yet.

The repaint I gave to Yakface makes him sufficient for me in terms of resculpt need, and I've never felt the Gamorreans were poorly done.  The weequays though could desperately use a resculpt.

Nice paint job! If Hasbro reissued that figure with that level of detail I could live with him again.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2008, 03:24 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #46 on: August 7, 2008, 05:13 PM »
I'd note the AT-ST driver is an army builder and if done right I think he'd move really well at this point.  Lots of demand for that one...  Sure he pegwarmed back when, but so did other steaming piles regardless of what character they were.  AT-ST Driver would do good today I think.

Jesse, how close is the AT-ST driver to the Imperial Scanning Tech in terms of outfit? Could a base figure be created to essentially give us both characters?

Except for the gloves on AT-ST Driver, they are essentially the same. The basic outfit was used on a variety of crewmen throughout the OT including the Rebel Hangar tech. In fact the X-Wing pilot orange outfit looks to be the same as well, unfortunately I've never seen a pic without the flak vest to verify that. It makes me wonder though if we'll be seeing the body of the tech that comes with the Yavin Hangar pack re-used down the road for an AT-ST Driver or Imp Scanning Tech.

Yeah at least the figures from 97-98 were on clearance for a buck and a lot of them made for good custom fodder....
« Last Edit: August 7, 2008, 05:15 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 7, 2008, 07:20 PM »
Except for the gloves on AT-ST Driver, they are essentially the same. The basic outfit was used on a variety of crewmen throughout the OT including the Rebel Hangar tech. In fact the X-Wing pilot orange outfit looks to be the same as well, unfortunately I've never seen a pic without the flak vest to verify that. It makes me wonder though if we'll be seeing the body of the tech that comes with the Yavin Hangar pack re-used down the road for an AT-ST Driver or Imp Scanning Tech.

Luke while talking to 21-B about T47's and loadig heavy equipment.  he's wearing the jumpsuit unzipped a little with his flightgear in hand
« Last Edit: August 7, 2008, 08:32 PM by Jeff »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #48 on: August 7, 2008, 11:37 PM »

Luke while talking to 21-B about T47's and loadig heavy equipment.  he's wearing the jumpsuit unzipped a little with his flightgear in hand

good point, I'll have to pay closer attention next time I watch ESB.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: August 8, 2008, 07:44 AM »
Over at the Galactic Blogger ADAM seems to think Kithaba, Fozec and Wooof are part of this wave

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 8, 2008, 09:38 AM »
If the did re-visit the At-St Driver, at least hat-wise (to double as a Tech,) they could get away with doing a Veers, where the helmet fits over a hat. Don't know what to do about the gloves though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 8, 2008, 12:24 PM »
If the did re-visit the At-St Driver, at least hat-wise (to double as a Tech,) they could get away with doing a Veers, where the helmet fits over a hat. Don't know what to do about the gloves though.

What about the coloring between the techs and the at-st drivers, weren't the tech a lighter grey?  maybe as far as the gloves go they could do like how they did w/ROTS Dooku and his hands.  Make them "popable" and they could be sleeves or they could be gloves.  They could just give them the Luke comic pack hat and the Han at-st helmet. 

It's probably asking alot but with the 30AC pack-in stuff we got this year this would hardly be anything, just a new figure that they're going to make eventually.  And instead of labeling it as Imperial Technician or AT-ST Driver they just label it as something like Imperial Personnel and give a good background on them on the card.

Way sorry I'm waking up now from my daydream  ::)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 8, 2008, 11:19 PM »
Holy Cr@p, Batman!  I just read the first page... haven't visited the forums in a while and other than Scott & David, I think everyone elses "Dream" ROTJ wave consists of all resculpts!  Don't get me wrong... I think all listed desperately need a resculpt, well at least most of them anyway.  But any dream wave of  mine would include some all new figures, too.  I mean, there are plenty left that never been made!  Ok, now that I got that off my chest, I can go back and start reading page two!   ;D

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 9, 2008, 05:06 PM »
I desperately want all-new Wicket and Logray sculpts. These are the two most needed Ewoks in the galaxy. Paploo would be cool after that.

I wonder if they'll update Teebo... Do we want them to? It's still a great figure, but is he terribly out of scale? I can't recall if he was any bigger than other Ewoks? I can't find a Databank entry for him either. Looks like they've been updating the site.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: August 9, 2008, 06:16 PM »
By comparison, he's massive at this point.  Chief CHirpa was a big Ewok and he's now diminutive, and dwarfed by Teebo...  As nice as Teebo is, he could use a resculpt IMO.  I'm not hopeful we'll see it soon due to his figure being more recent, but Teebo is way too big.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2008, 02:02 AM »
Holy Cr@p, Batman!  I just read the first page... haven't visited the forums in a while and other than Scott & David, I think everyone elses "Dream" ROTJ wave consists of all resculpts!  Don't get me wrong... I think all listed desperately need a resculpt, well at least most of them anyway.  But any dream wave of  mine would include some all new figures, too.  I mean, there are plenty left that never been made!  Ok, now that I got that off my chest, I can go back and start reading page two!   ;D

Excellent point.  I think the reason we've got lists that are chock full of resculpt requests is due to a few factors.

-First, so many characters have already been made into figures.  We're getting to a point in the line where we're starting to run out of all new characters that have never been made into figures.  I think Hasbro might be holding off to a degree just to have some characters in reserve for the future.  Perhaps this mindset has unconciously made it's way into the collecting community?  But if we were to start talking about Jabba's palace denizens who have yet to be made, the list of named characters with reasonable screen time is dwindling.

-Scene specific versions of characters are another factor.  People want good versions of X character in Y setting.  And I think to some that might translate as a resculpt. 

-The improving figure aesthetic.  Let's face it:  a figure like the Weequay which originally came out around 1997 looks pretty crude next to a 2007 figure.  Between the sculpt and the articulation, the 10 year old sculpt looks pretty bad in comparison with current offerings, and collectors want something better for certain characters.  Hasbro has found a way to get us to come back for more of the same character by improving the quality of their product.

As for my own list?  It's really more of a list of what I think we would get in this wave rather than what I would want if I was planning the line.  Call it pragmatism winning over idealism.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2008, 12:02 PM »
It's debatable which figure in the SW line is truly king of the pegwarmers: Xizor or the Rancor Keeper. This would make a great thread if there has not been one like this yet.

Moff Jerjerrod, hands down.  Although Xixor and the Rancor Keeper were pretty bad, I have NEVER seen a figure warm pegs as long as Jerjerrod has.  To make it worse, I saw both Xixor and the Rancor Keeper on clearance for as low as a dollar each, and every WM I have been to within 100 miles of my home has between 10-30 Jerjerrods, all at full price to this day. 

I really think they should have put the Rancor Keeper in the set with the Rancor itself instead of Luke, and just rerelease the Luke figure as part of the Saga Legends line.  But hey, this way Jerjerrod won't be so lonely come 2009. :)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2008, 12:50 PM »
That would certainly have been a good selling point for the Rancor since the sculpt was so recently used for the FU version.  But I didn't buy that one, and I will buy the upcoming ROTJ one.  I guess they shouldn't ever include completely brand new sculpts as pack-ins.

Maybe Hasbro should make a "Legendary Pegwarmers" battle pack, to include Jerjerrod, the Rancor Keeper among others.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2008, 11:02 AM »
I have to throw in Saga Lobot and ROTS Neimodian guard or whatever that was called.  Those rotted around here at least. 

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2008, 11:35 AM »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!