Author Topic: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 84276 times)

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2009, 03:49 PM »
Yeah been through more than few issues that I just can't get myself to order from thtem anymore.

Back during TAC I ordered a few Starkiller Hero figures with a few other figures as part of the order... I got one Starkiller and until this day no refund, replacement figures sent, nothing. Let alone other issues I have had to go through with them.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2009, 05:17 PM »
I had them ship me the wrong figure a few years back.  Pretty irritating, but they took it back at no extra cost.  Just meant that I had to get that one figure elsewhere. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2009, 10:54 AM »
I got a chance to open these up and check them out a bit this week, and I think it really is a well-done wave.  I do sort of agree with what Scott was mentioned earlier, as this was a little bit of a missed opportunity to finish off some vintage figures, or take care of some much asked-for re-dos.  That said, I can't say I don't like a single figure in this wave.  I am still hoping we get a "regular" Nien Nunb at some point though, as this one doesn't seem quite right to me.  Other than that, a very nice wave of figures.  As much as I was looking forward to the Luke (which is pretty nice), I'm really impressed with the Nikto/Giran and Ewok figures.  All very nicely done, and some of my favorites of the year.  I didn't think I'd care that much about the Giran figure, but it really is spiffy.  The ewoks are great too, and really makes me hope they get to a re-do of Wicket (as well as Logray and possibly Teebo) sooner rather than later.  I was surprised with how much smaller the new Rancor Keeper is compared to the POTF2 version, but it is a big improvement.  I can't wait to see how much Hasbro improves on something like the Gamorrean Guard next year.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Alright... where do you guys order cases from?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2009, 11:49 AM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Thanks... I checked them and BBTS out earlier... Unfortunately I think I'm going to pass since I only need 8 figures out of the 12.  If Hasbro ever goes back to case assortments that are all new or 2 of each of 6 new ones (so I can split with someone) I guess I'll stick to finding these the old fashion way.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2009, 01:35 PM »
I think I'm going to pass since I only need 8 figures out of the 12. 

Then wait for the Wave 9 revision case.  It has the RotJ wave plus the new variant Ugnaught.  That would get you up to 9 out of 12.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 30, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Thanks... I checked them and BBTS out earlier... Unfortunately I think I'm going to pass since I only need 8 figures out of the 12.  If Hasbro ever goes back to case assortments that are all new or 2 of each of 6 new ones (so I can split with someone) I guess I'll stick to finding these the old fashion way.

Driving around Dallas?  Well let me know when you are back in town.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Driving around Dallas?  Well let me know when you are back in town.

Driving around Chicago... which isn't easy to do.    :-\

In most ways, I love getting around without a car... but it's definitely not conducive to finding new Star Wars stuff.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2009, 07:56 PM »
I am still hoping we get a "regular" Nien Nunb at some point though, as this one doesn't seem quite right to me. 

Yeah I don't even really consider this to be Nien Numb per se.  I consider it a generic Sullustan B-Wing pilot, since it's just a repainted Evolutions Sullustan.  Nien Numb is short, very short  maybe 2/3rds the height of this Sullustan.

Really I just consider this figure to be an error in naming it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2009, 07:57 PM »

Driving around Chicago... which isn't easy to do.    :-\

I saw the tapes of those riots yesterday.  If I were you I'd stay in the car.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2009, 09:54 PM »
Where were those?  I don't really watch the local news and didn't hear anything of it.

There's a Cubs game out my back window right now though. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 2, 2009, 10:05 AM »
Picked this wave up at Target and opened them all up. What a wave. I'm floored at the articulation standard. With the exception of the Ewoks, they all have the same points of super articulation. Great sculpts too. Luke is the worst by far, but I have to admit, he's much better than the preproduction photo's. If it wasn't for the undersized waist, he'd be awesome.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #283 on: October 2, 2009, 10:33 AM »
Picked this wave up at Target and opened them all up. What a wave. I'm floored at the articulation standard. With the exception of the Ewoks, they all have the same points of super articulation. Great sculpts too. Luke is the worst by far, but I have to admit, he's much better than the preproduction photo's. If it wasn't for the undersized waist, he'd be awesome.

As far as the waist goes, he be a lot better if they would have included the belt from the TLC Sandstorm Luke. He was wearing it during the DSII duel after all.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 2, 2009, 10:51 PM »
For those of you looking to display the Nikto Gunner Gun.  If you still have the base from the POTF Cinema Scenes Skiff Guard Pack, it works pretty good and looks decent with a few more figs displayed on it.