Author Topic: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 83765 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi
« Reply #390 on: October 25, 2009, 07:23 PM »
I saw this wave today, except for Leia, Nikto and the Ewoks, and only bought the Klaatu guy.  I might pick up the Prune Face guy if I see him around again.  I thought the Luke looked pretty bad; the sandstorm Luke without all the extra gear is still a better representation, IMHO.

The Rancor Keeper guy is a worthless resculpt; he doesn't look that much better than the POTF2 version (although I'm sure the added articulation is a bonus for a guy who doesn't really do anything but cry).

The biggest disappointment for me, though, is Nein Numb.  I don't want a B-Wing pilot Nein Numb, I want the one with the vest; the way the vintage and POTF2 versions looked.  So close, yet so far.

The Klaatu guy is fantastic, though.  Work of art.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 25, 2009, 08:54 PM »
I thought the Luke looked pretty bad; the sandstorm Luke without all the extra gear is still a better representation, IMHO.

Anybody try carving out his chest and inserting the folded piece?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 25, 2009, 11:11 PM »
I might pick up the Prune Face guy if I see him around again. 

Do it.  The figure is freaking fantastic.

The Rancor Keeper guy is a worthless resculpt; he doesn't look that much better than the POTF2 version (although I'm sure the added articulation is a bonus for a guy who doesn't really do anything but cry).

Totally agree that Malakili isn't that much better than the POTF2 one, so much so that I saved my $8.50 and passed on him altogether.  He did do a little more than cry though, give him some credit for the bouncing man boobs action.  I know I wouldn't strut mine in front of a running movie reel.

The biggest disappointment for me, though, is Nein Numb.  I don't want a B-Wing pilot Nein Numb, I want the one with the vest; the way the vintage and POTF2 versions looked.  So close, yet so far.

You can't think of this as a Nien Numb figure.  You have to think of it as a generic Sullustan Rebel pilot the same way you did with the Evolutions version that this is the repaint of.  Nien Numb is short.  This figure is no joke about 1.5" taller than a Nien Numb figure should have been.  As far as I'm concerned, Hasbro simply put the wrong name on it.  This is not Nien Numb.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #393 on: October 25, 2009, 11:58 PM »
Personally, I'm fine with this being Nien Nunb - sure it's a very scene specific version, and not one we asked for or necessarily wanted, but it works for me until the real deal comes along. Plus, if repainting an existing figure to serve as case filler that helps to cost out all-new figures like Slave Leia, Panno, the Nikto Gunner, Giran and even Malakili I'm all for it.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 26, 2009, 12:14 AM »
I might pick up the Prune Face guy if I see him around again. 

Do it.  The figure is freaking fantastic.

Totally agree that Malakili isn't that much better than the POTF2 one, so much so that I saved my $8.50 and passed on him altogether.  He did do a little more than cry though, give him some credit for the bouncing man boobs action.  I know I wouldn't strut mine in front of a running movie reel.

I'm already kicking myself for not buying Panno.  I'll swing by on my way into work tomorrow and see if he's still around.

And if Malikili's boobs had been articulated, I would have considered getting him as well.  Maybe someday...
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #395 on: October 26, 2009, 03:34 AM »

You can't think of this as a Nien Numb figure.  You have to think of it as a generic Sullustan Rebel pilot the same way you did with the Evolutions version that this is the repaint of.  Nien Numb is short.  This figure is no joke about 1.5" taller than a Nien Numb figure should have been.  As far as I'm concerned, Hasbro simply put the wrong name on it.  This is not Nien Numb.

I agree with this description of "coping with Nein Numb".  He's not Nein in the cockpit of the Falcon, he's just some Sullustan bullshitting with the humans before battle.  He flies a B-Wing, which he ejects from during the battle of Endor as he crashes it into a Star Destroyer.  He floats around in space, but then the Death Star blows up and he's pushed off into deep space by the ensuing shockwave which doesn't kill him, but instead sends him on a long journey.

He's later picked up by a harem ship on the way to Jabba's Palace...  The ship's captain realizes though that Jabba just got offed the other day, so now he's free to open up as an inter-stellar ship of pleasure, where this Sullustan lives out his days in sexual ecstacy.  Look for photonovels and artwork soon.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 26, 2009, 11:36 AM »
so now he's free to open up as an inter-stellar ship of pleasure, where this Sullustan lives out his days in sexual ecstacy.  Look for photonovels and artwork soon.

Where's Cable...
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 26, 2009, 09:34 PM »
Does anybody know what Panno's weird white/black communicator looking thing is and where it's supposed to go? I assumed there was a little holster for it like the 06 Long Snout had but there isn't.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #398 on: October 26, 2009, 09:48 PM »
It's a communicator and it can fit in either of the little softgoods pockets/holsters on his chest. It just slides right in and the cape holds it tight. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #399 on: October 26, 2009, 09:57 PM »
It's a communicator and it can fit in either of the little softgoods pockets/holsters on his chest. It just slides right in and the cape holds it tight. :)

I love that feature, maybe Hasbro will keep that in mind when they do a Grievous with cape again.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 10:28 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #400 on: October 26, 2009, 10:11 PM »
Good point on Grievous' cape.  I'd love to see that with some saber hilts for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 27, 2009, 12:58 AM »
If anyone happens across an extra Ugnaught v2 and doesn't mind picking him up and sending him my way, I'd appreciate it.  Maybe he won't be a big deal, but I haven't seen one yet and don't want to miss out.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #402 on: October 27, 2009, 01:49 AM »
I found one tonight along with the ewoks.  I never thought I'd be excited about getting ewoks for my collection, but they look great on the Endor shelf!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 27, 2009, 02:48 AM »
If anyone happens across an extra Ugnaught v2 and doesn't mind picking him up and sending him my way, I'd appreciate it.  Maybe he won't be a big deal, but I haven't seen one yet and don't want to miss out.

Our MN group may have a spare for you if you can't find this soon.  My spare is spoken for, but I know a few of the other guys have picked up extras this last week.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 27, 2009, 11:35 AM »

Our MN group may have a spare for you if you can't find this soon.  My spare is spoken for, but I know a few of the other guys have picked up extras this last week.

Thanks, just let me know if it ends up that way.  I'm keeping an eye out.  I'll update here if I find one in the short term.