Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 181158 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back (Spring 2009)
« Reply #120 on: January 9, 2009, 10:46 PM »
Nice wave...

Leia looks like she'd maybe translate very well to a new ANH Leia, no?  Luke, cool I guess...  These two weren't a big deal to me but I appreciate getting them nonetheless.

Needa looks like probably the best "generic" IMp. Officer so far, and a good army builder.  I'm not a huge fan of the DST legs but somehow they look better.  I'm hoping something was altered so they at least don't have the flaws the DST himself had.

Ugnaughts, very cool...

Monkey Emperor?  Uhm, ok, I'll take him.  Can't say I was asking for that, but I'll buy it. :)

Rebel Trooper...  Ah, the jewel of th ewave.  Little flaw I can see, though Jeff beat me to the 3" tall joke...  Considering the stature of the last one, I wouldn't joke too much.  He was about that height if I recall.  ::)  Articulation looks spot on, and it looks like maybe removable head/face gear, all good things.  A working holster for a sidearm, a rifle, and assumingly a backpack.  He looks to be the gem of the wave.  I hope he does have more of a "skirt" piece like Nick mentioned (softgoods) on the final figure, but really that's a detail I'll concede to get the rest of a seemingly great looking figure...

Let's just hope he's actually a normal size.

Oh, and Hasbro...  Brown him up and give him a new headsculpt.  I'll buy a dozen more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 9, 2009, 11:54 PM »
ill only get the rebel. but i have 1 problem with him...doesnt look like he has been eating much...
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2009, 12:14 AM »
The Emperor looks like if Palpatine and Yoda had a love child.

I'm also not sure about the Ugnaughts....I would have to see them in person.

The Luke and Leia look good, but not sure if I would get them.

The Hoth trooper and Needa are the best of the wave....I'll never see them in person.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:07 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2009, 12:15 AM »
I'll be getting them all, but I'm not extremely happy with Luke's sg robe.  I like softgoods done well and was hoping for one with a little thinner material.  I had no desire for the ESB Emperor (with expected monkey face), but I'll get him to complete this wave and the BADs.  I haven't completed a wave since wave 1.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2009, 07:12 AM »
Awesome looking wave. Very pleased that the they're doubling up on the Ugnaught and the Monkey face Emperor sure is a surprise as well. It rekindles my hope for eventually getting a Sebastion Shaw likeness for Spirit Anakin.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2009, 09:35 AM »
My biggest problem is that the Emperor should come with a cane, not a lightsaber  >:(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CookieeMonster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2009, 10:14 AM »
Yesterday when I first saw them I was yes want all of them, after looking at them again I have decided I dont want all of them.

Luke - I have to admit is going to be an easy pass unless I can score him for cheap.

Leia - Yes, and I also must now pick up a VOTC Leia (Well her head in anycase).

The Emperor - Nope just wont suit my collection, never liked the idea of Palps kicking off with a lightsaber in the PT Movies (he should have remained a manipulator, but with great power), and he never appeared in TESB with a lightsaber, let alone appearing in a solid state, I would have preferred it if they had went back and improved the Floating Head and released that.

Captain Needa - Yes, I might get a couple of these.

Ugnaughts - Yes, however I wish they had done a better sculpt for the heads, instead of using POTF2 heads, also I am hoping the ugnaughts at least get the tool bag.

Hoth Rebel Trooper - Yes, but I hope they give him his skirt piece, either in soft goods or plastic.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2009, 10:17 AM »
My biggest problem is that the Emperor should come with a cane, not a lightsaber  >:(

Still might.

Over all, exciting wave.

Luke - cool new look. Love the fore-arm.

Leia - works

Emperor - exactly as I had hoped.

Needa - could have wanted better.

Ugnaughts - I'm assuming the picture is out of scale, but none-the less, they look great.

Hoth trooper - FINALLY! However, not too crazy about the scarf. I'm sure I'll pick up a squad.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:18 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Neat wave, except for Prune Face Palpatine. Maybe Orimaarko is going to get an update soon?

Or is it a prototype for the species Grebleips?

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2009, 11:41 AM »

The Emperor - Nope just wont suit my collection, never liked the idea of Palps kicking off with a lightsaber in the PT Movies (he should have remained a manipulator, but with great power

EXACTLY my thoughts, but that's for another discussion  :-*.  I LOVE this wave.  The only thing, and I mean ONLY thing that sorta caught my eye as being a little less than expected, is the skinny legs of the Hoth trooper.  Their uniforms were bulkier than that for the cold.  Check out this image:

That said, I still love the figure and will be getting multiples!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2009, 11:43 AM »
Just a couple other thoughts: is that the VOTC Leia body?  Looks like it.  Also, they cannot seem to sculpt a good Emperor hood for some reason, though the baboon likeness is neat!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2009, 01:17 PM »
I like them except for the Emperor and Luke. Hopefully, Luke's robes won't be as puffy as they're pictured here, so that would remove my nit if that was fixed. I don't think anything would make me like that Emperor figure, but since I'm going to buy it for the BAD piece, meh. Hasbro wins again.

I do like to see a decent Hoth soldier. And more Ugnaughts are awesome, though I thought the ones from '98 were OK for the most part.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2009, 04:34 PM »

If you really want one I have a ton.

Maybe they want Monkey Emperor to "come at you like a Spider MOnkey" with his saber?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2009, 07:21 PM »
Looks like a good wave. My thoughts...

Ugnaughts- YES. I've been wanting Ugnaughts in my collection for a while. These two look good, hope we get some random junk as an accessory.

Hoth Rebel Trooper- This guy looks pretty good. Hope he is released with a skirt, but otherwise, pretty cool. Like the choice of weapons, and it looks like he has a scanner too.

Captain Needa- Not too exciting, but a good figure nonetheless. A possible buy.

Monkey Emperor- Awesome, wasn't expecting this. Wish he had a cane.

Don't care too much about Luke or Leia.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2009, 07:27 PM »
Is there logic that I'm missing as to why they put an Emperor in this wave? 

Did I miss a scene where he appears in something other than a hologram?