Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 181162 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #405 on: October 7, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:
 The Websense category "Message Boards and Forums" is filtered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pauldron

Thanks anyway, I hate Websense!  >:(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #406 on: October 21, 2009, 02:33 AM »
This isn't a huge discovery like I found the hope diamond or anything, but it's good for those looking to diversify their portfolios of Hoth Rebels...

So we all know the VTSC Hoth Han Hat is a good replacement cap to make your troopers look a little spiffier and different.  I've also found that, if you feel the urge, adding cloth scarving to helmets isn't difficult either, fi you can find a good thin fabric for the scale.  Check out your local fabric store for scrabs of dark browns, greys, and such, in light knits. 

But, I've been testing some blasters in the holster, to see which fit and which don't.  The "standard rebel" pistol that Captain Antilles and others have come with works quite well right off the bat, and many Hothies are seen with it!  So keep that in mind when diversifying your troops.

Also, VOTC Han's blaster pistol, which I can't speak for all but I have a ton of these, fit well as well, and are a fairly generic looking gun.  The pistol the Trooper comes with already is actually similar (or identical) to Ponda Baba's from the Cantina, and is also commonly seen on Hoth...  It helps give the troops a more ragtag look too, with guys having a wide variety of sidearms.

Just food for thought if you found lots of the bearded troops, and want to spice them up a bit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 12, 2009, 08:50 AM »
This is how lame I am. I boiled and froze a few figures to correct wide leg stances, including a couple of extra Needas I was planning to customize, and discovered for the first time that the hat is removable.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #408 on: November 12, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Where's the "hi and welcome to last week" pic? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #409 on: December 22, 2009, 02:08 AM »
Just for fun...

I got some of the Keller figures that are being bundled into the Value 2-packs at WM (our WM's are getting deluged with these 2 packs for $7.50,w hich is great, and I've stocked up on Grievous' because you can't have too many big assed Grievious figures, plus 327th Star Corps are abundant).  Keller's "hood" bit fits over the Hoth Rebel's hat pretty perfectly...  Add some cloth wrapping (Keller's is a tad shiney for me) over it like a blanket and you've got some bundling up Rebels...  A few are seen with extra layers briefly.

It's another way to expand this figure as an army builder IMO, and Keller's (I think it's Keller, I forget Commander Clone names after a while unless they wer ein the movie specifically) become somewhat abundant again for some.

He looks pretty slick too though, with the hood on...  I haven't added the cloth yet like a blanket look though.  I have toyed with adding some cloth scarving to the helmets though.  I need to find a good limp fabric at the fabric store first I think.  Some gauzey like Hermi Odle's robes perhaps.  That'd be another pretty simple custom to add some diversity, if you didn't mind gluing a strip of cloth to the hat.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 22, 2009, 03:34 AM »

I got some of the Keller figures that are being bundled into the Value 2-packs at WM (our WM's are getting deluged with these 2 packs for $7.50,w hich is great, and I've stocked up on Grievous' because you can't have too many big assed Grievious figures, plus 327th Star Corps are abundant).  Keller's "hood" bit fits over the Hoth Rebel's hat pretty perfectly...  Add some cloth wrapping (Keller's is a tad shiney for me) over it like a blanket and you've got some bundling up Rebels...  A few are seen with extra layers briefly.

I think you mean Faie.  I gotta try this too.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #411 on: December 22, 2009, 04:10 AM »
Yes, Faie...  Sorry.  Who the hell's Keller then?  He's the similar one from the comic pack?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 22, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Yes, Faie...  Sorry.  Who the hell's Keller then?  He's the similar one from the comic pack?

Keller came in the WM exclusive comic pack with the Galactic Marine.  Sounds like a cool custom - got any pictures?  Probably moot as I have not seen the 2-packs at any of the WM's around Minneapolis.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 14, 2010, 02:01 PM »
What was the final word on the clean-shaven Hoth Rebel Soldier?  He never came out right?

Is he still going to?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 14, 2010, 04:24 PM »
What was the final word on the clean-shaven Hoth Rebel Soldier?  He never came out right?

Is he still going to?

Nope - he never came out.

They have indicated that they hoped to get him out in a battle pack or some other similar type release.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 14, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Cool, thanks - I've been paying less attention lately and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #416 on: February 16, 2010, 01:42 PM »
They have indicated that they hoped to get him out in a battle pack or some other similar type release.

Yep, at Toy Fair they confirmed again that he'll be in a "collector-targeted" Battle Pack (the kind where all of the figures are new/different somehow).  Said they'd have more info on it at one of the Fall shows (SDCC/C5).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 18, 2010, 09:52 AM »

Is he still going to?

Nope - he never came out.

The Hoth Rebel will be in an exclusive battle pack that's set to be announced at Celebration 5.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback