Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 181152 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave ? - The Empire Strikes Back (2009)
« Reply #75 on: October 7, 2008, 06:46 PM »
This looks like a pretty decent wave, but nothing overly exciting other than the HOTH REBEL SOLDIER! WOO HOO!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 7, 2008, 06:59 PM »
I will gobble up the Luke, Leia and Hoth Soldier.  I am not paying $8 for one  Ugnaught.  I am not going to rip into them about that decision but it does seem to be a bit on the cheap side to me.  But they have given us plenty of stuff I never thought we would see.  So, I won't rip about it too much.  I just think it would be nice.  You know they are still rolling in the profits from all those clonetrooper repaints over the years. 

Yeah, I am definately looking forward to Willrow and Farr.  It would be nice if they could crank out a black Bespin Guard.  Well any updated guard actually.  Though it would rot on the pegs I suppose.  I would take a few more pilots from them.  Mainly snowspeeder Luke, Wedge, and even Dack. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 8, 2008, 09:28 AM »
I'm liking this wave as well and also excited about the potential of the Hoth Rebel soldier.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 8, 2008, 12:21 PM »
We could probably piece together a reasonable lineup for that 2nd Empire Wave (since it has been confirmed by Hasbro that we're getting to ESB waves in 09).  There have been a lot of rumors over the past couple years that could maybe fill out that wave.  Also, Hasbro mentioned at a SSG Q and A (I think) that the ROTJ and ANH waves would be 8 figure waves, so I'm guessing both the ESB ones are 6 - so who do you think will be in this wave?  Some rumors I recall:

Willrow Hood (confirmed)
Toryn Farr
Zuckuss
Bespin Han Solo
Hoth Luke Skywalker
Hoth Princess Leia
Bespin Guard

I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting as well.  I'm sure we won't get all of the "big 3" in one wave, they usually like to spread those out a bit, but I wouldn't mind seeing at least one "ultimate" resculpt of either Bespin Han, Hoth Luke, or Hoth Leia.  We'll hopefully getting the ultimate Hoth Rebel Soldier in the earlier ESB wave, and we've already got a spiffy Snowtrooper.  They seem to be filling out the Empire lineup pretty nicely at that point, although the "other" version of the Hoth Rebel and the various Snowspeeder Pilots would be nice as well (Luke, Wedge, etc.).

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 8, 2008, 01:28 PM »
They could Dengar, maybe just give him articulated knees and change the angle on the elbows and mon the gaunlets some that he could point his arms straight down as well and not just be at the holding a rifle pose all the time.  OR just go all out and give him ball elbows.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 8, 2008, 01:56 PM »
I seem to remember Hasbro stating that Hoth Leia would be later rather than sooner, so I have a feeling that she won't show up in this second wave.  The Hoth trooper- how much I want this one!  I'm so excited wondering whether it is the outdoor white/grey defense guys, or the Echo base interior guys.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: October 8, 2008, 10:40 PM »
I think I'd like to see something like this:

Willrow Hood
Toryn Farr
Zuckuss
Hoth Leia
Snowspeeder Wedge (Evolutions rehash with new headsculpt)
Snowtrooper (Hoth UBP repack)

The Snowtrooper is supposed to be coming out in the Saga Ledgends line at some point soonm but I still wouldn't mind seeing a few more on the pegs.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 8, 2008, 11:21 PM »
Here's my prediction/wishlist for the second TESB wave next year:

-Han Solo - Bespin gear
-Zuckuss
-Bespin Guard
-Willrow Hood
-Torryn Farr
-Imperial bridge technician (redone Scanning Trooper)
BAF - No idea
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #83 on: October 8, 2008, 11:27 PM »
I wouldn't mind getting R3-A2 as the BAD as it was only available in that Saga Hoth TRU multipack. That way we'd get the figure with a modern sculpt and it fits nicely into the ESB/Hoth theme.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 8, 2008, 11:28 PM »
I wouldn't mind getting R3-A2 as the BAD as it was only available in that Saga Hoth TRU multipack. That way we'd get the figure with a modern sculpt and it fits nicely into the ESB/Hoth theme.

Yeah! I would love that! He's on my list of wanted droids and I missed the Hoth multipack.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 8, 2008, 11:43 PM »
According to the Q&A sessions, both TESB waves are supposed to be 6 figure waves.  So I guess we're looking at protocol droids.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 9, 2008, 09:50 AM »
My wishlist if I'm held to just six figs as well as going on rumors of what's in the wave:

Willrow Hood
Torynn Farr
Medical Frigate Luke
Medical Frigate Leia
Captain Needa
Ugnaught

Those figs would plug several holes in our collecting desires. Now if we can just get a decent NEW SA mold of the Bespin guard with running changes for white/black/asian races, I'd say we're purt near done with figs from that movie. Other than the most obscure ones of course, Mr. Hood notwithstanding.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 9, 2008, 09:53 AM »
According to the Q&A sessions, both TESB waves are supposed to be 6 figure waves.  So I guess we're looking at protocol droids.

Better be E-3PO and U-3PO.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 9, 2008, 11:40 AM »

Wasn't E-3PO in that battlepack? can't see them releasing it as a B-A-D.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #89 on: October 9, 2008, 11:43 AM »

Wasn't E-3PO in that battlepack? can't see them releasing it as a B-A-D.

Nope, that was K-3PO
« Last Edit: October 9, 2008, 11:43 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird