Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 181713 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back (Spring 2009)
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2009, 06:05 PM »
And what the hell is that flesh colored phallic accessory on the ground in front of him?

Is that the communicator thing he uses to talk to Lando and Chewie in the Falcon at the end of the movie? (as seen in the pic below)

Click to embiggen:

Just a guess...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:06 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2009, 06:07 PM »
Good call
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2009, 06:10 PM »
Is it also possible that the wrist looks to be flipable?  If he only came with his Bespin coat modled underneath this might have been my favorite figure of all time.  The headsculpt is FINALLY spot on.  Whoever they had doing ANH and ESB Luke the last 5-6 years has been terrible in capturing Mark Hammil's likeness

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2009, 07:19 PM »
In that pic of Luke, do those hips look super articulated? And what the hell is that flesh colored phallic accessory on the ground in front of him?  :o  :P

I'm pretty sure that "accessory" is supposed to come with Leia. 

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2009, 07:53 PM »
Is it also possible that the wrist looks to be flipable?  If he only came with his Bespin coat modled underneath this might have been my favorite figure of all time.  The headsculpt is FINALLY spot on.  Whoever they had doing ANH and ESB Luke the last 5-6 years has been terrible in capturing Mark Hammil's likeness

These are proto figures in those pictures, and just like mcfarlene hockey figures...kovalev im looking at you...the proto almost always looks spot on but the final product always looks nothing at all like it. Heck look at the TAC windu proto compared to what we got.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2009, 08:02 PM »

These are proto figures in those pictures, and just like mcfarlene hockey figures...kovalev im looking at you...the proto almost always looks spot on but the final product always looks nothing at all like it. Heck look at the TAC windu proto compared to what we got.

Yikes. Let's hope for the best, because this Luke is a pretty good likeness.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2009, 01:49 AM »
Hoth Trooper comes with the Rebel tri-pod trench gun?  Will the final figure have it?  The possibility alone has given me a figure erection.  I've wanted that (and asked Hasbro about getting it with a new trooper) for ages! :)  Oh joy!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2009, 02:17 AM »
I totally agree on Luke's headsculpt, it looks quite accurate and a million times better than any we've seen for years.  Or perhaps ever?

SA Ugnaughts?  Sweet, I'll take that set.

The Hoth Trooper could very well be the best figure of 2009.  Super articulation, great sculpt, numerous accessories, and multiple headsculpts.  I'll take 10.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:17 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2009, 02:43 AM »
I'm wondering if we are gonna get the two headsculpts and all the gear though...  I really want multiples of the figure, so I'm hoping yes, but will they split the gear up and do a running variant head swap with a different hat and the tri-pod gun?  Tough to say.

The one head definitely has a beard/mustache thing going on...  Less army builder-ish but still good.  The rifle looks all-new as well judging by the photo, and the backpack definitely is.  There's a lot of re-used parts on other figures in the wave I noticed, but the Hoth Trooper really got a balls-to-the-wall figure, especially if you get all that gear with him.  If it's a variant with the tripod gun, so be it, and still cool, but man I just can't get past the coolness of that figure. 

I'm just loving this figure so far...  I easily could see this being my favorite figure all-time at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2009, 09:09 AM »
Ok JJ....I will agree in part, but dissent in part...

I think you are overlooking his Wide Stance Syndrome, or you are more forgiving these days.  Also as the paint aps go, it looks like the gloves are the wrong color, plus the missing "skirt" piece.

I agree that the Rifle Looks new, hopefully it will be made of a more substantial plastic than previous models.
I really like the Multiple Head Sculpt/Headgear options.  If you bought 4 of these figures you could potentially have 4 unique army builders with different Hat/head combos.
The crew served weapon also looks fairly accurate and scaled well.

Credit this wave for dragging me back into Star Wars..I was all but done (almost sold the VOTC Stormtrooper Army too)...but my interest is back...now to find other Star Wars related goodies to buy.
But, if this Rebel is diminutive like the Saga one I will walk away from SW forever.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Nice surprises on the Hoth trooper. It'll be interesting to see the final result of the head thing, I'll bet running change.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2009, 10:33 AM »
I'm wondering if we are gonna get the two headsculpts and all the gear though...  I really want multiples of the figure, so I'm hoping yes, but will they split the gear up and do a running variant head swap with a different hat and the tri-pod gun?  Tough to say.

It makes more sense financially for Hasbro to give us one head at a time as a running change.  Otherwise, they're shipping out two craniums for every one body, meaning they're wasting money on the plastic for every duplicate.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2009, 10:43 AM »
It makes more sense financially for Hasbro to give us one head at a time as a running change.  Otherwise, they're shipping out two craniums for every one body, meaning they're wasting money on the plastic for every duplicate.

Don't they do that for some of the Joes though? I thought I remembered seeing a couple of those that ship with alternate heads.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2009, 11:41 AM »
I didn't get a chance to post on these until today, but I really think this wave looks like a winner as well.  Just to get a great Hoth Rebel alone is a treat, and the rest of the wave looks good too.  I've been holding off on picking up the POTF2 Ugnaughts waiting for a re-do, and I'm glad now that I did.  The Luke and Leia have been requested for awhile, and as others have said, I think the Luke might have one of the best headsculpts of that character yet.  Nice to get another Imperial officer too.  The Emperor seems like a bit of an odd choice, but I'll be picking it up as well.  It seems funny that we've been asking for a simple headswap of that Evo Emperor to make a nice ROTJ one, and we still haven't gotten that, but we're getting the monkey faced version (with a lightsaber?) that never appeared other than a holo.  Oh well, the whole wave still looks good though.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2009, 11:51 AM »
As much as I love the head sculpt for that Luke, it could easily be letdown overall if the factory runs get horse**** paint apps. Nearly all of the most recent Lukes have been horrid in that regard and could make or break this one too.