Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 181764 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back (Spring 2009)
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Gawd, that is incredible.  And since the hats are removeable, there is potential for some amazing variants and/or customs.  Yeah, the lack of skirt is quite glaring... we're going to have to find the best custom soft goods option and spread the recipe around.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2009, 05:35 PM »
A piece of white fabric (loose, stretchy, thin) with "mighty mend it!" so you don't have to stitch that bitch.

:)

Seriously though, the skirt annoys me...  Hasbro is making sure to screw up at least one thing on any given figure these days, and the skirt sucks.  I keep hoping when we see carded shots of this figure instead of hand-painted protos and stuff, that we see a figure wth a simple softgoods skirt piece on there.  It honestly doesn't look like it'll take much.

We've not seen a shot of the production figure yet though.  Just a test shot/proto, and the hand-painted proto shots...  There's hope for the skirt.

I wonder if the Hoth soldier is gonna come with that gun regardless of the headsculpt?  That'd be cool to get extra trench guns.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CookieeMonster

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2009, 08:43 PM »
Dont like the Palps, I am sorry in ESB he was a floating holographic head - not ROTS Palps, even in ROTJ the one I really wanted to be remade - he doesnt use a lightsaber, also the hood is crap.

Luke Skywalker even though a good figure, I dont need it so I will be skipping this one.

Princess Leia Organa - skipping this one as well, and hoping for this figure with ANH head on it.

Ugnaughts - now we are talking like these and want these.

Captain Needa - I like it and want it.

Hoth Rebel Troopers - I love these, just hope they do the skirts for them in PVC or SG.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2009, 08:52 PM »
Seriously though, the skirt annoys me...  Hasbro is making sure to screw up at least one thing on any given figure these days, and the skirt sucks.  I keep hoping when we see carded shots of this figure instead of hand-painted protos and stuff, that we see a figure wth a simple softgoods skirt piece on there.  It honestly doesn't look like it'll take much.

We've not seen a shot of the production figure yet though.  Just a test shot/proto, and the hand-painted proto shots...  There's hope for the skirt.

I wonder if the Hoth soldier is gonna come with that gun regardless of the headsculpt?  That'd be cool to get extra trench guns.

No skirt fo' you

:(
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:52 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2009, 08:58 PM »
That's pretty lame, actually. :(

Not a deal breaker, as the figure itself is impressive, and adding a skirt is certainly doable (tedious, but doable), but you shouldn't have to.  The figure should be right in the first place.  Blah.

He's great in every way, but that one point.  I mean, he's really outstanding in every way, so I'm quite giddy, but at the same time the skirt thing's a big letdown.  I'll look past it, but it's one flaw on an otherwise fantastic figure IMO.  Two figures really... 

So, skirt issue aside (skirted aside?), now do we get the BFG with both figures, or just one?  And what about the rifle and scanner/tool thing?  I don't see it with that figure there...  One with a tripod gun and one just a basic grunt rifleman?  I'm ok with that I guess.

Either way, this is probably the single best looking figure in the modern line to me...  Put me down for many of both headsculpts.  I'll mix some Han Hoth helmets in there, some extra gear/packs, and some extra generic headsculpts, and make my own much more diverse army.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2009, 09:10 PM »
The carded pics do nothing to help Luke.  This is a HUGE letdown for a figure I've wanted a long time.  The soft goods are just a mistake.   :( 

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2009, 09:13 PM »
I just can't bring myself to army build this one, it's just... wrong. Really annoyed as Hasbro. To me this is the most disappointing rebel figure since Jan Dodonna. Can't want to hear their explanation. "Couldn't cost it out". Everything else is perfect, so why? >:(

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2009, 09:35 PM »
The new carded/loose pics at Jedi Insider make Needa look very good, and even seem to help the Emperor out a bit, but Luke and Leia really look like crap. I seriously think that this wave consists entirely of figures that are doomed to be horrible pegwarmers, with the exception of the Hoth Rebel, of course. He'll be impossible to find. :-\

Oh and I think it's also noteworthy that the Ugnaughts still haven't showed up in any new carded/loose pics since that first one started showing up. Maybe Hasbro's still trying to decide whether both will be included or not....

They better include both. >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2009, 10:04 PM »
the rebel looks cool. im up for 1 of each variant if it comes to canada...hoping it does since hoth and canada can be considered one in the same ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Hmmm... looks like those carded pics confirm the switch to U-3PO for this wave.  Makes me wonder what happened to HK-47 then?   ???

Seems odd they would throw him out there in the Q&A and then change it on us like that...  maybe he'll show up in another wave (maybe he got bumped to '09 ESB wave #2)?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2009, 12:00 AM »
I'm liking the Hoth soldier. It'd be nice if they and the Luke came with the same droid part so I could skip that figure since those softgoods just ruined it. I thought Hasbro learned their lesson on that after the VOTC Luke.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:01 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2009, 12:20 AM »
Hmmm... looks like those carded pics confirm the switch to U-3PO for this wave.  Makes me wonder what happened to HK-47 then?   ???

Seems odd they would throw him out there in the Q&A and then change it on us like that...  maybe he'll show up in another wave (maybe he got bumped to '09 ESB wave #2)?

I figure HK-47 would be a good fit for an EU wave.  Isn't there one coming?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2009, 12:24 AM »
Yup that's the word from H anyway...

I was thinking he'd be a good EU figure wave BAD too, especially if there's any level of KOTOR focus to the potential wave.  Bastilla keeps coming up at least.  I'd think with how well Revan/Malak did that Hasbro would have a boner to get back to KOTOR in some capacity.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2009, 01:23 AM »
The new loose pics make the monkey face Palpatine look much better.  The molded hood is actually an improvement.

But these new promo pics are a head scratcher.  Hasbro said HK-47 was the pack-in.  But now these images surface and the BAF parts are for U-3PO from A NEW HOPE.  There is a way to tell the difference between U-3PO and E-3PO, btw.  Check out these pics:

U-3PO - A NEW HOPE

E-3PO - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

The difference is the coloring of the midsection.

But back on point...perhaps Hasbro decided to shift HK-47 to the EU wave?  It would be a much better fit.  But the news of the VYH-1 droid as a BAF is another EU droid candidate.  Weird.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2009, 05:10 PM »
This esb wave is nice for me, I want to collect all of them. Great design for Palpatine holo esb, the rebel trooper has all the necessary accesories. They have to present the variation no bearded trooper.