Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 181367 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back (Spring 2009)
« Reply #360 on: June 3, 2009, 04:10 PM »
No, it's right there in the movie.  You've got to watch closely for it.  An Easter Egg on the Special Edition DVDs.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 3, 2009, 05:45 PM »
No, it's right there in the movie.  You've got to watch closely for it.  An Easter Egg on the Special Edition DVDs.

Wasn't it only in the Wal Mart exclusive version DVDs too?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 6, 2009, 01:50 PM »
Does anybody knows how the tlc hoth rebel trooper bends his knees? Is it the same way as potj rebel trooper (tantive)?

Both knees have to rotate 360 degrees to bend?

thanks in advance

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 6, 2009, 01:54 PM »
The Hoth Rebel Trooper has a ball hinged knee joint.  Not a swivel joint like the POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 6, 2009, 08:43 PM »
Finally found the wave (minus Emperor) this afternoon @ Wal-Mart.  I picked up Luke, Leia & Ughnaught.  I briefly contemplated buying the Hoth Rebel but passed mainly because I'm kind of an anti-goatee-kinda-guy. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 8, 2009, 12:41 PM »
I still need the Hoth Rebel Trooper and Emperor. Sadly I just haven't been out looking for these as much. I'm slowing way down on collecting SW. It's just not as fun and exciting as it used to be.  Overpricing most definitley doesn't help and is a big factor for my diminished interest.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #366 on: June 8, 2009, 09:34 PM »
Start now, at WM...  I found them tonight.  Finally. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 8, 2009, 09:40 PM »
Finally found a couple of cases worth of this wave at a WM store.  And with the champagne colored U-3PO parts.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 8, 2009, 09:44 PM »
It's just not as fun and exciting as it used to be. 

It's really not and I feel the same way for some stupid reason.  I picked up this wave a month ago and it has been everywhere since then, but I wasn't hunting for it - I just stumbled upon it.  Not trying to rub the fact in anyone's face, but maybe it's because I'm in my 30's now and I'm losing interest?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 9, 2009, 11:06 AM »
Heh, I hit 40 in August. I think there are several factors at play for some of us. Price, availability, storage/display space. Plus we're just plain getting older and the notion of continuing to collect toys "forever" is wearing off it's novelty.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 9, 2009, 12:05 PM »
I'm still in my early 30s and I have lost no interest. I love going into my half ass wife won't let me have much room display area and look at my stuff and it makes me remember how much I love collecting this stuff every time.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #371 on: June 9, 2009, 03:49 PM »
Other than price issues, I can't say I've slowed down much, and I'll be 32 this year...  Hell I just was tossing a Hoth Han hat onto one of my extra Rebels last night, and I was giddy doing so.  :-[

Seriously though, beyond the big issue of pricing right now, I really think Hasbro's making great figures.  I can't buy quite as much as I used to, but I'm still getting a full wave when they come out at least, and figure I'll try and army build cheaper down the road (hopefully).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37 AM »
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Jesse.  I'll be 32 this month, and I can't say that I'm losing interest or slowing down either.  I may be buying a bit less overall due to the pricing, as well as personal economic reasons, but I'm still buying each wave of the Legacy line as it comes out.  I am considering passing on more and more of the Animated stuff and "other" lines, just due to space and budget, but as far as "realistic" Star Wars, I'm all in.  Again, aside from the pricing, I'm not sure if I've ever enjoyed it more.  I really think that Hasbro has been doing some of its best work ever on both the figures and new vehicles lately, and it is a good time to be a collector from that standpoint.  It is too bad that the fact that prices are jumping so high, and everyone's been in this for quite a haul that maybe things have becoming more stagnant - that it is overshadowing the nice stuff we're getting right now.  I still think they could slow down the releases per year a bit (or spread them out), but having just one line would help that too I guess (instead of three).  Back to topic though, this really is a nice wave.  I picked up a couple more Hoth soldiers via HTS, and I'm looking forward to the variant as well (which I hope is plentiful since it has a more "generic" head sculpt).

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 11, 2009, 02:14 PM »
Scored me some hoth rebel action today, I was noticing in the photos previously that the legs are kinda bowed out and wide-stanced, and this came to fruition in plastic.  That and the lack of a rifle knock this figure down 1.5 out of 10 to an 8.5 for me.

I was hoping for greatness, but I got goodness.

Nice figure, but they should have paid a little closer attention to the legs.  It's also a little short.

Still gonna army build though, it's good enough.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #374 on: June 11, 2009, 02:28 PM »
Thankfully we'll get the rifle in the later revision but it would have been nice with this one too.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird