Author Topic: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 181728 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 6 - The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #390 on: October 5, 2009, 03:46 PM »
Hoth Rebel Trooper in stock now at HTS.com
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #391 on: October 6, 2009, 12:57 AM »
Hoth Rebel Trooper in stock now at HTS.com

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered some, I am taking a gamble and ordered four in hopes to hit the beardless jackpot. I will keep you posted.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #392 on: October 6, 2009, 01:45 AM »
I'm guessing Hasbro would picture the beardless guy over the bearded though.  They're usually pretty good about that kind of stuff...  at least they have been in the past.

I'd love some beardless troopers.  A battlepack isn't gonna cut it unless it has some REALLY nice additional crap in it.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #393 on: October 6, 2009, 11:05 AM »
I'm guessing Hasbro would picture the beardless guy over the bearded though.  They're usually pretty good about that kind of stuff...  at least they have been in the past.

Normally I would agree with you but the run was so small, samples rare in Hasbros office and the availability so limited in general I am not so sure they would show that photo given that his run is pretty much over. I am expecting the bearded one to ship but my rationale was since that figure has been out of stock and the blue card cases should be near their end this could be the last batch with the beardless one. It's worth a shot as I ordered more stuff beside the 4 HRT.

If I get four beardless one or even one for that matter it will be a hell of a jackpot. Regardless I will snap the box before I open it and then the reveal. I will post them here with 2 weeks as it usually takes them that long to ship.

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 6, 2009, 11:13 AM »
OK, has anyone at all provided proof a beardless being found at retail?

I can tell you without a doubt the run made of beardless troopers was so minimal that the likelihood of finding one at retail, or getting one shipped by HTS is next to nil. The beardless variant is coming to us in the near future as I asked about it this one to someone in Pawtucket (I'm 20 minutes away). I've tried myself to get one of these through a few sources and came up with nothing.

I think the stories of these being found were just that of legend.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 6, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Hasbro stated in this past week's Q&A session that they have a production sample of the clean shaven Rebel Trooper.  But from the retail trends we've been seeing it seems unlikely that the ATTACK OF THE CLONES wave revision cases that this figure was set to ship with will make a dent at retail.  I think that will depend on whether or not the blue packaged Legacy figures share the same SKU with the red packaged Legacy figures.

They also confirmed that the clean shaven trooper is slated for a late '10 battle pack release.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2009, 09:32 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #396 on: October 6, 2009, 03:23 PM »
I can tell you without a doubt the run made of beardless troopers was so minimal that the likelihood of finding one at retail, or getting one shipped by HTS is next to nil.

I agree on the former but not the latter. (Chances are slim but better than retail. If anyone is going to get one it will be through online sources or close out stores. Targets, WM's and TRU's are getting Red cards now, I cannot see them getting anymore blue. Marshalls, Big Lots will get the pulled figures and cases like these.

As others have confirmed Hasbro confirmed production while small was produced. They said they are probably pent up in a warehouse. I am hoping that is what HTS restocked with. Highly unlikely but to me worth the gamble. Getting "stuck" with four beards is not the worst thing in the world, I can return them to Target as I have a piles of receipts. If anyone has a better lead or gamble LMK, for now I rolled the dice with HTS.

If anything it's pathetically fun nerd suspense.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2009, 03:23 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 6, 2009, 04:43 PM »

If anything it's pathetically fun nerd suspense.

Isn't that most of what this hobby is all about?  :D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #398 on: October 6, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Well, bearded or not, the Hoth Trooper is pretty cool. Just wish we could get some proper rifles...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 6, 2009, 09:31 PM »
This isn't the first time Hasbro had packaged product that no retail human being has ever seen-- Rebelscum got a sample of the Saga Legends black pauldron Sandtrooper from the 30th Anniversary-style cardbacks, and that thing never hit stores.  Hasbro eventually made good and put it in the 2008 Saga Legends packaging, but since it was a simple pauldron swap, anybody could fudge a loose one anyway.

Or in other words, it didn't get made-- if the only samples exist are in Hasbro's hands or the hands of people who may have got them through a special contact, I would say that doesn't count.

If the beardless Hoth Rebel shows up I'd almost bet it's going to be in some other country in a quantity of a couple dozen, tops.  I'm not hopeful.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #400 on: October 6, 2009, 10:52 PM »
I've seen images of only two types of the beardless Rebel, one was a test shot.  The other is hand-painted prototypes used for Hasbro's photography or at SDCC.  I've not seen anything to imply any other samples exist other than Hasbro saying they have some...  Like Adam said though, I don't count that, really.

The positive for the beardless trooper is he's tooled, and so Hasbro may want to use that tooling.  The bearded trooper hasn't sat here, and I'd say the ESB wave has shipped somewhat heavily here.  Not as much as the previous ANH wave, but it shipped pretty steadily and I saw fresh replenishment of it tonight on a toy run, actually.  So I have hope of getting beardless troopers and I think Hasbro may pull a "LEgends" type deal with this figure too at some point (hey, it's a good figure). 

What I don't have hope for is seeing it in either current packaging on the shelves.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 6, 2009, 11:16 PM »
What I don't have hope for is seeing it in either current packaging on the shelves.

I finally gave up carded collecting after these new cards started showing up so it's kind of a bummer and a blessing at the same time, but I did cave and pick up the Legends black pauldron Sandtrooper even though he'll be opened - when I get around to it.  Shame.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 7, 2009, 10:03 AM »
It'll stink being in a Battle Pack. More expensive to army build.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 7, 2009, 10:32 AM »
WTF is a "pauldron"?  ???
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™