Author Topic: Early Finds...  (Read 7477 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Early Finds...
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 11:56 PM »
Picked up both vehicles, and two of the German 2-pks, Marian w/ Cairo henchman (neither can barely stand) and Indy w/ Ark at Target tonight. 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 08:42 PM »
I found a few tonight at K-Mart, but at 9.99 a piece I only picked up Sallah and Bellloq.  There were no Indys...oddly, the Ticket to Adventure pack in sheet was missing on both figures.  I got the little stickers, but nothing to stick them on.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Whoa, $10 each at KM?  That's even more than I thought they were gonna be.  Yeesh...  No wonder that store's such a hole.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 09:59 PM »
I found a few tonight at K-Mart, but at 9.99 a piece I only picked up Sallah and Bellloq. 

Oooh, Canadian pricing.  I didn't know K-mart was Canadian.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 07:26 PM »
Did anyone stumble on a setup today? Seeing that it is only 1 day early and all...

The TRU near where I work has a the marquee area taken up with Speed Racer junk - so I guess Indy doesn't rate high-enough to be a featured movie tie-in line in TRU. I was there as recently as 5PM this afternoon and it didn't even look like they were starting to make space for the Indy stuff.

Is it really supposed to be on the shelves tomorrow?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Well on the way home I stopped by a Target and scored the entire RotLA wave.

I also scored what appears to be the three Wave 1 deluxe figures: Indy/Ark, German soldiers 2-pack and Marion/Cairo Thug.

Only grabbed one of each - I have decided that for this line I'm getting openers only.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 1, 2008, 12:56 AM »
I just made a late early find, but early nonetheless! After a few phone calls I managed to find A target that secured a couple cases for me. I'm poor...so after digging through them examining headsculpts closely(they seem to all either be excellent or really crappy)...I ended up only buying a few:

Cairo Indy (RotLA)
German Soldier
Belloq
Cairo Swordsman
Indy w/Rocket Launcher (KotCS)
Dovchenko
Irina Spalko

I was looking forward to Monkey Man and Sallah but neither were anywhere to be found. Cemetary Warrior, Mutt w/Snake, and Marion were also missing but the cases were opened in front of me so I guess they'll just be tougher to find.

I've only opened a few (it's getting late), but so far the one that is really sticking in my mind as a superb figure is Dovchenko.

Good luck guys!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 1, 2008, 01:11 AM »
That's funny - when I stumbled on the figures at Target all they had were RotLA figures, not a single KotCS figure at all.

So I guess there is hope that I might stumble on the KotCS wave tomorrow.
Peter

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 1, 2008, 09:19 AM »
I picked up a ROTLA Indy yesterday, with coat. That's the only figure I'm picking up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."