Author Topic: Anyone interested in a modern TMNT anniversary line....  (Read 5220 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
...based on the old toy line from the late 80's/early 90's? Having grown up with these, I would love to see them put out new modern sculpts of characters like Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, General Traag and the like. I'd be on board if it was done well. Anyone else?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in a modern TMNT anniversary line....
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:24 AM »
You know, I never owned a TMNT figure... did like the original NES game though. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 11:52 AM »

Same here.  Loved the cartoon as well, but never got into the toys.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 11:10 PM »
Somewhat related...Playmates will be producing a commemorative line to celebrate the 25th anniversary of TMNT.

http://www.toytraderz.com/News/article/sid=2027.html

On the retro front, Playmates is re-introducing the original awesome 1987 action figure line, twelve figures in all, including the four Turtles, Splinter, Shredder and more. These figures will feature a “tubular” nostalgic 25th anniversary package design with a random assortment of classic TV episodes from the inaugural season.

John

Offline TerdVader

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 2, 2008, 05:29 PM »
I'm very into vintage TMNT. While I'm behind Playmates decision to release the classics from this line in order to celebrate the anniversary, I do wish they had gone the route Hasbro did with GI Joe, and Mattell did with MOTU and created new modern sculpts based on the key points of the figures, and how they related to their cartoon counterparts, to complement the comic book ones that were sold a few months ago. I'm not going to be buying them en masse, as I do have generally collector quality toys from the vintage line, as well as my played with ones, but an army builder never can have to many foot soldiers.  ;)

That game was way too hard for it's target audience. While I really liked it, and do still have a copy, I tend to get stuck on the second underwater level, trying to undo those bombs is really hard.

Here's my turtles

« Last Edit: November 2, 2008, 05:37 PM by TerdVader »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 3, 2008, 01:11 AM »
Are you buying TMNT (vintage) stuff TV?

There's another set of stuff I've got sitting around that I know I'd sell in a heartbeat if I could sell the whole collection...  I had way too much TMNT stuff at one point, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TerdVader

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 3, 2008, 11:20 AM »
Not really. There's always a select few pieces I'm looking for , like the Triceraton, and foot solders, mousers, and maybe figures you don't see in my pics. As for taking an entire collection, I'm pretty good as is. Actualy I don't really even collect them. Most of what you see here is my childhood collection, mixed with 2 or 3 modern ones bought for me as gifts, and the Krang that I got off ebay. I will admit to being bad about not being able to walk away from 2 dollar toys when I see them at flea markets and comic shops, that's how I got small collections of AD&D, Willow, GI JOE, Lion Force Voltron, Mask, M.U.S.C.L.E., and what I'd love to find: Dino Riders! But other than Star Wars, I don't really activly collect any other line.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: November 4, 2008, 12:02 AM »
Wow, the Movie Star Turtles. Nice. Those had to be my favorite figures in the entire line. The Splinter and Foot Soldier from that line were neat too.  :)

Nice collection.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 4, 2008, 12:03 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk