Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122013 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #255 on: May 1, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Man, consider yourselves lucky. All 3 TRU's I went to had zilch. I was hoping to get these at the sale price. Maybe I should hit that store later. I talked to an employee who seemed pretty honest that's all they had, Getting the entire wave for $25 is much better than $100.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 1, 2010, 12:20 PM »
I lucked out today too, but I also had my wife and dad going to two different stores.

Between the three of us, we ended up with 3 sets of figures plus a couple extras (one set is for a local friend who is out of town).

I did see about 8 cases worth at one store, but there were a lot of collectors trying to get them.  I could have grabbed a few more but wasn't going to with other people wanting them... I actually had grabbed two Space Troopers and gave one to another collector and another to a kid.  By 9:01am, nothing new from the wave was left on the pegs.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 1, 2010, 12:23 PM »
I too ended up going back to TRU today - they didn't put out anything and there was no collector endcap. I was gonna get an extra of the 2 troopers just for kicks - but no product to help me do that so no big deal.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #258 on: May 1, 2010, 12:35 PM »
I just tried another store and was beat by a scalper who loaded his car with 4 cases. Depressing to say the least. I wonder if this is all TRU is getting or if more will trickle in. The sale price really motivated the non SW crowd. Whole sets are going for $120+. Insane, that's why they are out in droves. Still happy I scored the TFU at the sale price and a lone Wing Guard.

If anyone scores or sees a set I will pay a finders fee plus throw in anything from my trade list. PM me if anyone can help. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 1, 2010, 12:36 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 1, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Congrats to all who scored this wave! I'm particularly sad since the nearest Toys R Us is an hour and a half away from me, and therefore I'm gonna have to find other ways to score these figures. I'm not giving up on these figures, though, because this wave is just too cool!

And I wonder if there still would have been a positive response to this wave if Hasbro had sold it through other retailers as well.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 1, 2010, 03:48 PM »
I lucked out today too, but I also had my wife and dad going to two different stores.

Between the three of us, we ended up with 3 sets of figures plus a couple extras (one set is for a local friend who is out of town).

I did see about 8 cases worth at one store, but there were a lot of collectors trying to get them.  I could have grabbed a few more but wasn't going to with other people wanting them... I actually had grabbed two Space Troopers and gave one to another collector and another to a kid.  By 9:01am, nothing new from the wave was left on the pegs.

I just tried another store and was beat by a scalper who loaded his car with 4 cases. Depressing to say the least. I wonder if this is all TRU is getting or if more will trickle in.

At this point, when this is the scenario that unfolds when a brand new wave of figures is out, I nolonger consider this hobby to be fun.

The whole situation with this wave is ******* ridiculous.  
« Last Edit: May 1, 2010, 03:49 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 1, 2010, 04:42 PM »
I went back to the same TRU a few hours later to try and help some locals.  The cases were still on the floor - unstocked and someone went through each case and took all the troopers, leaving behind the other five from each case. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 1, 2010, 05:26 PM »
At this point, when this is the scenario that unfolds when a brand new wave of figures is out, I nolonger consider this hobby to be fun.

The whole situation with this wave is ******* ridiculous.  

I'm someone who was able to score everything I wanted from this wave and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment.

I haven't really viewed this hobby to be "fun" for quite some time. I continue with the hobby because it seems silly to me to quit now with 15 years in.

Over in the Ask Hasbro thread I asked the question of why couldn't they make this case be something that was more collector friendly since it was clearly a collector-oriented wave.

I really wish we would submit that as one of our JD questions.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 1, 2010, 06:13 PM »
Well, I managed to find at least 2x of the elusive TRU wave this morning and was doubly happy to find them at ridiculously cheap prices.  The sale was good enough for me to actually by the rest of the fodder for an extra BAD and even some extra troopers.

I have mixed feelings on the whole event.  I thought it was kind of exciting to have a "release date" of sorts and definitely a nice surprise to get the figures on sale.  I'm definitely going to be biased here because I got the wave, but sounds like most people who got there at the store opening found at least a wave of the new figures.  I realize not everyone has a TRU nearby or could get their in time for opening - it was a struggle for me to get there early with two kids as well.  At least we knew the date they were coming out and most stores got 6-8 cases from what I've read, which is more than I expected.  Face it, this release wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

Personally, I hate exclusives because someone always gets hosed no matter what retailer or event is chosen.  That said, they are here to stay because retailers really like them and it gives Hasbro a chance to dish out smaller assortments.  There always seems to be more buzz around exclusives, so as much as people complain, there is something to the hype behind these. 

What's shameful about all this is the way TRU has handled the whole release.  Seems like everyone and their sister has known 5/1 was the release date, but you have to go through a dozen TRU employees to find one who knew about it.  There was also supposed to be a dedicated endcap for the EU wave, which I'm sure was part of Hasbro's agreement.  But I only know of one store that bothered to put up a display.  And man, I love getting figures for $1.24, but I can't believe it was anyone's intent to let exclusive figures go for that price.  They should have been charging full price, if not $9 or $10 for these given the demand.  No wonder TRU sales are struggling - you couldn't plan a cluster like this if you tried. 

I think what bothers me most though are the TRU employees.  I asked 6 or 7 employees about this wave over the course of the week and got different answers every time - none of them really believable.  TRU should either come up with an inventory system like Target to track their stuff or train their employees better.  Frankly, I'd rather hear "I don't know anything about it" than some BS story about how I should check back next Wed/Thurs for figures.  Or someone telling me the UPCs I give them aren't in their system when a buddy already bought the figures a week earlier. 

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox and just wish everyone who didn't get a win today better luck in the coming weeks.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 1, 2010, 06:14 PM »
No sign of this wave locally. The lone TRU in the area had 4 1st day of issue Yarnas on the pegs, about 10 Legends Saesee Tinns and Plo Koons and a couple of Clone Wars figs. This is the same stock this store had on Monday when I went to see if they had anything for the BOGO 1/2 Off sale. They did have 2 of each TFU set but a Hot Wheels guy came up when I was debating over whether to buy them and scooped all 4 into his cart.

I decided to pick up this wave after all, and I'll probably end up preordering from EE or somewhere similar within the next few days. No use wasting gas hoping that product will magically appear on TRU's shelves.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #265 on: May 1, 2010, 06:29 PM »
I went back to the same TRU a few hours later to try and help some locals.  The cases were still on the floor - unstocked and someone went through each case and took all the troopers, leaving behind the other five from each case. 

I would happily buy them ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
if you go back I will reward your efforts! ;) ;) ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 1, 2010, 06:56 PM »
I hit 5 TRU's today. Not one had an endcap, not one stocked wave 13 and not one had any idea about an endcap. Bummer. Did have one store pull a wave 13 case out for me, so it wasn't a total loss. Just prectically. Scored a bunch of regular Stormies and more scanning techs, though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #267 on: May 1, 2010, 07:22 PM »
My TRU today:

No endcap.

No one who knew about the endcap.

No wave 13.

No one who knew about wave 13.

No one willing to look in the back.

I bought the BAD from overseas a while ago, which was my main concern, but there are figures I want from this group.  I waited 30 years to get a vinyl cape Jawa, though, so waiting to find some people from comics I never read is no skin off my behind.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 1, 2010, 07:52 PM »
Should Hasbro have dumped these at TRU?  I think they would have done very well at standard retail especially since it has been months (09?) since the last wave of Legacy.  Always nice to see new stuff on the pegs that aren't Koons or Tinns.  These things are worse than Yarna and they just keep multiplying.  I love every single figure in this wave even though I'm no fan of EU.  I'm sure kids would have went nuts over the troopers.

I would happily buy them
if you go back I will reward your efforts!

Sorry but no dice.  I'm finally caving on picking up Arcee online since I'm sick and tired of stopping there everyday, so I have no interest in TRU and I'm not going back there until August.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 1, 2010, 08:03 PM »
Wow,

Well, I figured there would be some interesting stories from today, and I have another to add.

I got to my local TRU about 10 minutes before opening, and there was one guy waiting out front who I had seen earlier this week haunting the SW aisle. Uh-oh. I already knew from yesterday that they only had 1 case to put out, so I figured I might be in for a fight.

I figured I would try the friendly, proactive approach so I chatted him up while we were waiting for the doors to open. Turns out he was mainly looking for Shaak-Ti and I let him know I wanted K'Kruhk so we worked it all out amicably.

So anyway, the doors finally open and we rush in expectantly only to find: NO ENDCAP, and NO WAVE 13 on the pegs. WTF?!?! So I grabbed the nearest store drone and asked if he could check in the back for us.

Now this is where it gets weird. Dude comes back with a full, unopened case. We crack it open and the other guys snags his Shaak-Ti and I snagged my K'Kruhk. As we continue pulling them out though, he notes there is no Jacen, only a Jaina. Hmm, I also notice there is no Spacetrooper. WTF?

They had plenty of room to include the sh*tty repack figures, but they had to leave out Jacen and the Spacetrooper? What kind of asinine case assortment is that? Has anyone else noticed this? What's even the point of shipping half a wave?

I'm thinking of heading across town to check the other location, but this really struck me as odd.

At any rate, I got the one figure I really wanted, so I am happy. I kinda wanted the Dark Trooper Phase 2 also, but the other guy seemed to have an interest too, so I deferred to him in the interest of karma. Those price deals are insane though...I should have bought the rest just as an investment.

Crazy day!
« Last Edit: May 1, 2010, 08:04 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy