Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122004 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe (Spring 2010)
« Reply #90 on: October 1, 2009, 01:26 PM »

What EU characters are going into the Clone Wars?  Are you referring to Bossk?   ???  I guess I don't see the problem here.  I'd rather they build off known, popular EU characters from that time frame than just generating a host of brand new characters we've never heard of despite their pivotal roles (like Ahsoka).

Dude, I don't even know what prompted my comment. Maybe I posted in the wrong thread, I don't know. I swear someone had made a comment about adding one of the EU characters to the Clone Wars show as a Jedi Padawan, but I can't remember who it was now.

Ugh...bad barin today, sorry for posting nonsense.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2009, 02:56 PM »

New loose Shaak Ti image from the EU Wave (The Force Unleashed).  EU's attempts to satiate the desire for scantily clad female characters in Star Wars knows no bounds!

Slick looking figure though.  Scads of articulation and a great sculpt.  Superior to her ROTS figure by far, which is kind of ironic.  That's one I'd like to see updated over figures like Agen Kolar.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2009, 03:30 PM »
Bikinis do make the best defense against dangerous fungi and lightsabers.

Great looking figure, I think the EU wave has some of the best looking figures coming out this coming 6 months.
I am not the Stig

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2009, 04:23 PM »
Meh...Grievous fodder.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Damn good figure. Pictures of the figure's design have been pretty consistent, so I hope Hasbro doesn't pull any last-minute attempts with this figure that end up messing it up.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Easily one the very best figures to be released in the Legacy line.  I can't wait for this figure (or the rest of the wave for that matter!)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2009, 01:22 AM »
What we're seeing above is what we'll get, so I don't forsee any problems.  She looks good...  And should go nicely with the funky Felucia Rancors.  I am going to maybe nab some fake plants from the fish supply area to just spruce up a little Felucia shelf at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2009, 10:17 AM »
Too bad they couldn't have given that lightsaber to the new ROTS Agen Kolar.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2009, 06:53 PM »
Too bad they couldn't have given that lightsaber to the new ROTS Agen Kolar.

That would actually work, since they have similar lightsaber designs.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2009, 04:11 PM »
With the new Purge comic hitting stores now, I was thinking that Sha Koon (Plo Koon's neice) would actually make a pretty good figure. Yeah, not everyone knows who she is, but she'd be one of those interesting figures to include in a future EU wave.  :D

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2009, 12:28 AM »
Wow, so Hasbro just answered the recent Q/As and...

Dang, it looks like TLC Wave 13 (EU) is gonna be the entirely last wave of Legacy (from what Hasbro is hinting at).  :o What's next? From what Hasbro said, Wave 13 should hit around Febuary ... does that mean that whatever line is next will hit around the summer?  ???

Honestly, I wish that TLC would be able to continue, but, here goes nothing...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2009, 01:04 AM »

Dang, it looks like TLC Wave 13 (EU) is gonna be the entirely last wave of Legacy (from what Hasbro is hinting at).  :o What's next? From what Hasbro said, Wave 13 should hit around Febuary ... does that mean that whatever line is next will hit around the summer?  ???

I'm sure there will be some kind of basic line.  I don't really care if they rename the line to something else, but I sure hope they keep similar packaging.  These current cards are much better than the rounded off bubbles they had prior.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2009, 01:57 AM »
I'm sure there will be some kind of basic line.  I don't really care if they rename the line to something else, but I sure hope they keep similar packaging.  These current cards are much better than the rounded off bubbles they had prior.

I LOVE the packaging!  ;D I hope Hasbro doesn't change it! It just came out! And I honestly don't like what I'm hearing about the silver vintage/retro-styled packaging ... I think the new cardbacks are sick.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2009, 09:17 AM »

Which Q&A said that?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Which Q&A said that?

I wondered the same thing when I saw that post on these boards and I poured through the Q&A answers last night and I believe this is the question and answer he's referring to:

QUESTION:  I'm wondering if you could give us an idea of how you will be handling future EU figure releases. As you have indicated, the comic pack line is not selling as well as it once was and may not continue beyond 2010. Would all EU characters need to find their way into a coveted slot in an EU wave in the basic line, or are there other possibilities that you could see working to keep a steady flow of all new EU figures in the mix? As you know, there are still many prominent characters out there that have not been honored with a figure, like Zayne Carrick & Marn "Gryph" Hierogryph (KOTOR), Finn Galfridian and Jedi Master Luke Skywalker (Invasion), Dass Jennir (Dark Times), and Celeste Morne (Vector). Most of these are still at the height of their popularity. Without comic packs, would these characters become long shots to ever be included in the basic line, or do you think you could find a way to fit them in somewhere else?

ANSWER:  We can confirm that the Comic Pack, as a mainline SKU, will not continue past Spring 2010 at this point. There are select Comic Packs slated for exclusives, though, so the format is not completely dead. Beyond the Comic Packs, occasional exclusives are the only hope for EU figures until they find their way back into the mainline. After the last wave of Legacy/Droid Factory, set for approximately February, there are no more EU figures slotted for the mainline basic figure wave until Fall 2011, at the earliest. It will be a bit of dry spell while we focus on the films for a while, but there will be some excellent exclusives coming out (like the Toys 'R Us The Force Unleashed packs) that should held cover the gap. Some of the characters you mention, like Zayne, do stand a chance of coming out someday. Others, like Celeste Mourne, are unlikely ever to get made without a comic book to go with them. Hopefully Finn (and the rest of the new Jedi Order) are around for when we do get a chance to either relaunch Comic Packs or add more focus to the EU.

So this phrase: After the last wave of Legacy/Droid Factory, set for approximately February, there are no more EU figures slotted for the mainline basic figure wave until Fall 2011

Seems to indicate that the last Legacy Collection Wave will be the EU one. Perhaps it was a poor choice of wording, but I'm thinking that it will indeed be the last wave of the Legacy Collection/Build-A-Droid.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!