Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122026 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe (Spring 2010)
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2009, 02:41 PM »
I'm not particularly thrilled with the idea of a film-based BAD in an EU wave, especially when it's a droid that has been on rumor lists as far back as 2006 and one that a lot of people have been asking for anyway.  I would have much rather seen the HK-50 repaint included as the BAD in this wave and BG-J38 be switched to the preceding TESB wave.  Granted, this is a selfish request, as there is only one figure in this wave that I really want (Shaak Ti) and three that I couldn't care less about (the Solo kids and the Spacetrooper).

That said, the sculpting on all of these look nice enough, I suppose, and I'm happy for you folks that wanted them, but the BAD thing irritates me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2009, 03:49 PM »
I'll admit, I'm disappointed in the Spacetrooper...  Hasbro uses the comics often times as their inspiration/art they go with, but that design really just sorta sucks and is illogical, so I'm bothered by it. 

I love the rest of the wave though.  The Shaak Ti looks fantastic. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2009, 08:14 PM »
Wow this wave is awesome. The TFU Shaak Ti is probably all I'll end up getting, but still, people have been begging for K'Kruhk, Jacen, and Jaina for a long time!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Well done wave. Can't say I'm over enthusiastic about it, but the figures look nice. I look forward to the big hairy Jedi and will most definitely put together a squad of Spacetroopers.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2009, 04:53 PM »
It'd be nice if Celeste Morne got a figure. Wasn't she an interesting character? Even Hasbro said one time they would consider doing her ... she should be SA! With a removable Muur Talisman! Now it'd be super-cool if we got her in a 2-pack with Karness Muur!

Also, Darth Maladi, Darth Wyyrlok and Darth Stryfe need attention. They'd look good next to the 2009 Darth Krayt and 2008 Darth Talon.

Also, it'd be cool if Darth Zannah was made. With the 2007 Darth Bane, it'd be a worthy addition to anyone's collection.

Rebelscum.com has a "Darth Vader (Battlefront II)" figure as part of their EU Wave rumor list. How would this be different from an ordinary Darth Vader?

Now for Darth Plaguies........
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2009, 05:47 PM »
Rebelscum.com has a "Darth Vader (Battlefront II)" figure as part of their EU Wave rumor list. How would this be different from an ordinary Darth Vader?

Take what RS says with a grain of salt, everything that you can think of is on their rumor list. They throw a lot of stuff out their and if it happens to stick they take credit. Did you see the Big Slave 1 Ship they said was definately coming at SDCC? The one that was on their rumor list? Neither did the rest of us.

I think Wyyrlock is a shoe in for the next Legacy Sith Lord to be made. He is after all the one who finished off Krayt and is now the Sith ruler. I am more excited about the EU offerings than the Prequal Trilogy offerings. I am sure 2010 will be full of a lot of EU stuff, I think Celeste Morne has a very strong shot in a comic pack in 2010. But I truly expect here to be packed with Darth Vader. That's one figure I can live with coming with Vader, it's taking one for the team to get her.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 1, 2009, 06:15 PM »
JediInsider has some pics up of this upcoming wave.  I'm not often real big on the EU stuff, but I really like the K'Kruhk figure (and some others look pretty nifty as well).

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #82 on: September 1, 2009, 06:34 PM »
I love this wave! I really love the BAD too!
The only one I am not crazy about is the Darktrooper, looks good just not my taste. Hopefully Jaina's head sculpt will look that good. Did you notice she has Stass Allie's legs and possibly arms? Also Jacen is the VOTC Bespin Luke with new Head/forearms.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 3, 2009, 06:35 AM »
I'm happy for all the EU guys and dissapointed that the golden insect droid comes in this wave.

Having said that these figures have a certain charm- so i won't be looking at trades just yet.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 3, 2009, 02:23 PM »
I'm not often real big on the EU stuff, but I really like the K'Kruhk figure.

Agreed, I think I may actually try and track him down.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2009, 05:03 PM »
I really want BG-J38, don't care about the other figures (unfortunate that I have to buy the other figures to get BG-J38). If anyone doesn't want the BAD, let me know.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: October 1, 2009, 03:18 AM »
We got some proto images in tonight and one of them is the new spiffy Jaina Solo from the upcoming Expanded Universe wave.  Jaina's good Jedi fodder (she'd make a great padawan for the Clone Wars), and a great basic EU figure.

Clicky the image to check it out!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 1, 2009, 09:39 AM »
She also makes a great Jaina Solo.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 1, 2009, 10:14 AM »
Please, please, please do not step off that cliff and start putting EU characters in the Clone Wars.

To paraphrase the inimitable Jon Calipari, that's like putting poop in your ice cream.

The Clone Wars is at a whole other level of canonical legitimacy.

Let's leave them separate so the fabric of SW reality does not come crashing down.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 1, 2009, 10:19 AM »
She also makes a great Jaina Solo.

Ditto what Nick said - I'm stoked that this is FINALLY on the way and that they did such a good job on her.

Please, please, please do not step off that cliff and start putting EU characters in the Clone Wars.

To paraphrase the inimitable Jon Calipari, that's like putting poop in your ice cream.

What EU characters are going into the Clone Wars?  Are you referring to Bossk?   ???  I guess I don't see the problem here.  I'd rather they build off known, popular EU characters from that time frame than just generating a host of brand new characters we've never heard of despite their pivotal roles (like Ahsoka).

Either way,  I'd rather see any character in the CW than have poop in my ice cream.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today