Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122021 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe (Spring 2010)
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2009, 12:27 AM »
I am really excited about this wave, great character choices all around including the BAD. I think this will be the rarest wave of Legacy. I see this as the TAC Wave 5 of Legacy. I think this wave will have a shorter run like the AOTC wave given the possible package update and the slowdown of EU in general.

I really hope etailers get this in by months end I want that K'Kruk bad.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2009, 09:41 AM »
You have a good point, Anton.

However, I think this may be Hasbro's way of trying to lure in the old-school collectors to buy the whole EU wave in order to get the classic ROTJ droid. It's almost a set-up, if anything.  :-X

That thought crossed my mind. If I was an OT completist guy, I'd have to buy that set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13
« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2009, 12:13 PM »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2009, 12:06 AM »
Yakface.com posted pictures of the finalized Shaak Ti sculpt.

Click me!

Oh. My. Gosh.  :o Beautiful sculpt, amazing, Hasbro! A 100% improvement over the ROTS sculpt! Now Hasbro can maybe update her figure from the movie(?)!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2009, 02:09 PM »
Great looking figure!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2009, 05:31 PM »
Very cool. I wish we could have a better Maris Brood figure to go along with it.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2009, 10:06 PM »
I wish we could have a better Maris Brood figure to go along with it.

I know, huh? Maybe a new SA Maris (that can BETTER hold her lightsabers!) will be included in the upcoming Toys'R'Us multipacks. Hopefully.  ;)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2009, 10:07 AM »
Yes, hopefully. I really did enjoy the Force Unleashed game, even more than I expected I would. I think the storyline was far better than most of the EU out there.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2009, 10:37 AM »
The Maris may not have been a good fig, but with how few EU figs we get I'd much rather have something I've never got before.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2009, 11:05 AM »
My Maris holds her sabers just fine.   ???

I'm with Nick - I'll take something new (EU, background characters, whatever) over crap like the Han in Stormtrooper vest or the 30th version of Jedi Luke any day of the week (yes I bought two of the latest one, so sue me).  I know there is demand for core characters and am not arguing that, but there is ALSO demand for new stuff among a lot of collectors.  And frankly, if there are no more movies coming, then EU and Clone Wars are the best opportunity to keep the SW line alive because they tie into more current media.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: December 25, 2009, 03:11 AM »
Wow, literally just in time for Christmas...

Loose pics of the Expanded Universe wave! :)

Clicky to check them out!

So Shaak Ti's been out there a while and now the rest are here to check out.  I like the whole wave mostly...  I ponder if Jacen Solo's really short, which I don't think his character is intended to be but it appears to re-use some Luke Bespin bits...  So the figure will be I think.

Also I hate the Spacetrooper design from the comics, so I don't care for that figure particularly then either.

Love the Darktrooper, which was freakish in the game and sort of scared you, and that looks pretty fantastic as far as a duplication of the game's design.  K'Kruhk is awesome looking and big, so I dig that as well.  I like the BAD and Variant Bespin Guard a lot as well, and Shaak Ti of course.  Jaina's ok...  Jacen will suffice and since I'm not into NJO much anyway that's fine.  Ultimately the Spacey's the only one I'm just indifferent on then and it's not the figure's fault.  The figure looks amazing, and it's just the design that blows chunks.

Good wave...  Far superior to the ROTS wave for sure, and that's a positive.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #146 on: December 25, 2009, 12:23 PM »
I'm not a big EU person, but I've been looking forward to K'Kruhk for a while.  He's amazing.  The Spacetrooper is, too.  I'm the opposite of you, Jesse.  The Darktrooper looks really blah to me and the Spacetrooper is all kinds of cool.  I suppose if I ever played the game, it might make me more interested.  Overall, the figs are good.  I'll be really happy to get the BAD.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 25, 2009, 01:01 PM »
The entire wave is a big pass for me. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #148 on: December 25, 2009, 02:02 PM »
This wave came out great! I already got Shaak Ti and I was very impressed. Even if you do no care for EU the Jaina can make a great generic Jedi. Interesting how Hasbro used Stass Allie's Arms and legs. they are getting better at reusing their tools. K'Kruck and Jaina are by far my favorites. This is a good way to end Legacy. If next years few movie focused choices look this good I will be happy.

Even if you hate the character or design they nailed them really good.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: December 25, 2009, 02:55 PM »
I'm not a big EU person, but I've been looking forward to K'Kruhk for a while.  He's amazing.  The Spacetrooper is, too.  I'm the opposite of you, Jesse.  The Darktrooper looks really blah to me and the Spacetrooper is all kinds of cool.  I suppose if I ever played the game, it might make me more interested.  Overall, the figs are good.  I'll be really happy to get the BAD.

My reasoning on the Spacetrooper is that there's a more believable (bulky, larger, etc.) design for it that was put out first and then the comic artists didn't even bother with it.  It's in more EU than the Thrawn Trilogy Comic though and so I would've liked Hasbro to have gone with that over this, but it's really big.  I didn't like the original for the same reason.

The Darktroopers are just part of the game, so yeah without playing it they're tough to describe as why they look good or the positives and things...  THey've even been tied to the PT a lot now, as far as their evolution, which I find interesting how EU writers tried to do that.

The Spacetrooper's just a design I don't care for because there's a better one out there...  I didn't expect Hasbro to do any differently though as they tend to go with comic designs over other stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77