Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122001 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #180 on: February 4, 2010, 10:30 AM »
Ouch! How does Hasbro's ass taste, Legacy Fan? 

What a slap in the face, or kick to the crotch if you prefer. They really stuck it in and broke it off with that move.

I have NEVER seen a Legacy figure from the TPM Wave or beyond at any local TRU here. So I weep for the fans looking for them around here.

On the bright side, it's only 3 months now til May. That's the same lag between waves we saw between the most recent TCW waves (Padme-->Aayla). It's not SO terrible.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 4, 2010, 10:37 AM »
since Hasbro is all about changing things at the moment, would they be kind enough to change the case assormtent for this wave?  I can't buy a case of 12 figures that only includes 6-7 figures I want and spend $100 - I just don't do that.

So Hasbro, while you are changing things, can you please take out all the repack figures in this current assortment and replace them with repacked army building figures.  Then I can swallow this horsepill of horse****.

No, I really don't expect this to happen.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #182 on: February 4, 2010, 02:30 PM »
Well, BBTS have marked my 9/2 order for x2 Cases of the EU Wave as June Delivery.

That really sucks, I would have so jumped on the Tungori auctions. I was really looking forward to these.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: February 4, 2010, 03:21 PM »
Well, BBTS have marked my 9/2 order for x2 Cases of the EU Wave as June Delivery.

Not a surprise, but ditto on my EE order - June 2010.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #184 on: February 5, 2010, 07:56 PM »
So, not only is it TRU exclusive, but it looks like it's been pushed back until May as well with online getting second dibbs in June.  That reads to me like it's not even a lock that on-line will get any cases if TRU moves enough of them...  :-\

Things are looking hopeful on this front.  Standby...

Adam...being as close to ordering, selling, sales etc...has EE Legacy #'s fallen as dramatically as the supposed drop at retail Hasbro is saying?  If you can't answer I understand, but I am curious

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 6, 2010, 12:11 AM »
The one B-A-D figure I really want is probably going to be the biggest pain in the ass to get.  LOL!  I just hope they will be all available online.  I don't even want about half the figures in this wave.  Grrrrr!!  Wow, I guess they are not kidding about Legacy selling badly.  It's odd to me because they seem to move as much as any other toyline in the toy aisle.  Actually a little bit better.  Then again I live near Phx and there are more people to move figures through. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 6, 2010, 04:00 AM »
Okay. I am going to be really, really calm right now. >:( I just read that this wave will be an exclusive... okay...

THANKS FOR NOTHING, HASBRO! It was Hasbro, NOT the collectors, that screwed themselves over w/ TLC. With the severe state that realistic figures are in right now, Hasbro really skimped on core characters in favor of lesser characters. Organas? Yarna (I'm sorry to all those who wanted this figure, but it really killed TLC line)? Stass Allie? Another less-than-stormtrooper-disguised Han Solo?

In a time when really no one is buying, Hasbro should have made more interesting character choices. Once the reboot in interest had kicked off, THEN they should have made the lesser choices. Yes, I respect all those who want Cantina characters, Jabba's Palace characters, and all those... but what is seen pegwarming retailers is proof that those characters are just REALLY not that in demand right now! Instead of making Clegg Holdfast, they should have made Darth Maul! Instead of the Organas, maybe Senate Duel Palpatine and Yoda. HASBRO NEEDS TO WIN OVER THE COLLECTORS!

Collectors want certain time-specific characters. But once those figures get out on the pegs, they're just selling!

I'm sorry to all those who are very much into the subtle characters, but this was my out-right opinion. But  Hasbro's killing themselves and blaming it on the collectors.

« Last Edit: February 6, 2010, 04:03 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 6, 2010, 10:09 AM »
Well, I can't argue with that craptastic Han Semi-Trooper.  Man, whoever okay'd that figure ought to get themselves into rehab immediately.  Though to be fair, I'm not seeing that figure warm pegs in my parts because the entire wave is tough to find. 

There's two issues here for me on wave 13 and the news surrounding it:

#1 - the distribution system is all messed up right now.  It has been through most of the Legacy wave.  I don't know if that's bad demand planning on Hasbro's part or a decline in collecting due to character choices (or more likely prices forcing many to not army build or stop collecting carded).  I'd argue that some of their assortment choices are questionable as well.  All that said, if they can't get it out to retail for some reason, then I'm glad there is at least some other plan for it, though even there they could have made it an online exclusive or sold it on their site for those of us that have few opportunities with TRU.  That may still happen from what I hear, so I'm going to go glass is half full and be happy they are at least still coming in the next few months.

#2 - I am really really REALLY tired of the blame game on collectors.  Maybe its just worded poorly, but for me it is clearly the higher pricing and poor distribution (no figs for 5 months, then 3 waves at once) that has hurt the line.  Maybe collectors have bought less and that has hurt the distribution, but when they move the figs up to $8 a pop, there's going to be a decline in sales and they should have anticipated that.  I'm assuming someone at Hasbro has taken an Econ 101 class.  All that aside, it is just plain dumb to BLAME your customer for your sales issues.  How about just saying that sales were not as strong as anticipated or we are having trouble moving some of the figures in the line?  I don't know of too many companies that see a good result from telling their customers that they're wrong.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #188 on: February 6, 2010, 11:12 AM »
How dare those collectors not but items we don't put on pegs/shelves and then complain.

Seriously, this has been the worst distribution year 'I've ever seen!  I never saw quite a few waves at retail as well as the Katarn/Vong, Krayt/Dare Luke/Lumiya comic packs!  I'm not saying I would've bought everything (my collecting habits have changed now that I have a collection room that is full), but I certainly would've bought more than I did!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 7, 2010, 10:56 AM »
The Dark Trooper phase 1 is a way to mesure the demand of the build a droid dark trooper (purge trooper) so hope this figure would come in some wave of the new vintage collection.

Bg J38 could be re released as a saga legend, perhaps with a computer similar to that of the ugnaughts.

Finally I hope to see more bespin guards, jacket opened, closed with different headsculpts in the new vintage line.

Time to evolve Hasbro (you´re doing pretty well)

Funny life is very challenging :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #190 on: February 7, 2010, 02:47 PM »
I just went ahead and ordered the BAD from this wave from overseas, since he was all I really wanted.  I'll pick up K'ruhk when he shows up, but it wasn't worth the time or effort for me to track them all down.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 8, 2010, 10:18 AM »
In a time when really no one is buying, Hasbro should have made more interesting character choices. Once the reboot in interest had kicked off, THEN they should have made the lesser choices.

the problem with that argument is that the two waves that killed the TLC line were planned out sometime in late 2006/early 2007, long before the big retail crash that left the figures in those waves wallowing on the pegs.

Where Hasbro didn't react fast enough to avoid the problem is in the recall of the figures from those two waves from retail.  I could have told Hasbro in May of 2009 what figures they needed to pull from retail to break the automated computer reordering systems free.  It didn't happen till August, after a lot of stores had missed out, or gotten low orders, of 4 full waves!

The other part of the problem with your arugment is that while figures of Luke, Han, Chewy, Vader, Anakin, the Droids (sometimes) and Obi-Wan sell, collectors don't always want them.  Other than a couple definitive versions of Luke and Han, I probably don't have to buy another figure of those characters ever again.  So Hasbro can load down waves of figures with main characters, which, while they may sell to kids, casual collectors and parents buying gifts, it's the obscure characters that the collectors are mainly looking for at this point...and they're the crowd that Hasbro is saying has left them.

The characters that the kids and parents buy are selling fine in the Saga Legends line.  I've been to stores outside my area that are choking on Saga Legends, but for some reason, they fly out of the stores in my relatively small town.  I have to assume that these do sell in other stores as well, but one difference is that the pipeline for SL seems to be free flowing since it's the same set of 19 characters rotating through cases and not a new case of new characters every few weeks. 

As far as Target goes, it's also now my understanding that Target's computer reordering system may not generate a re-order of a SKU if there are enough pieces in inventory for there to be at least one (in this case) figure on each peg designated for.  In other words, if the store has 4 pegs for TLC and there are 4 figures, one for each peg, the computer will not order more.  The flow of toys to my store seems to back that up.  When there were three Stass Allie and one Breha on the pegs here back in late September I thought we'd get new stock.  Didn't.  One Stass Allie sold and a week later we had a new case of figures on the pegs.  That case sold within two days and we got a restock.  Unfortunately, the restock was a case of 2008 Wave 4 R2, which included another Stass Allie, Bail and Breha.  Four more cases of that same wave later and we now have 6 of each, Bail, Breha and Stass, and we've stopped getting new stock, again.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2010, 11:57 AM »
yakface asked a question in the QnA about the amount of figures produced from this wave but I am blocked from their site at work.  Can anyone give me the goods on that answer?  I am hoping it isn't bad news because my TRU sucks and it would be less likely for me to ever see them.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Courtesy of Jayson/Yakface:

Q2: There are bound to be several questions asked regarding the shocker of the last Legacy EU wave (wave 13) being set as a Toys"R"Us / online exclusve. With that troublesome news, what can be said about the production run for those figures. Were they produced in the same volume as prior waves or was there a shorter production run done to avoid costly over-stock now that the TLC line is no more?

A2: Most all of the red/white Legacy Droid Factory waves have been produced in lower production volumes than in previous years in order to make sure that figures don't slow up and we can bring the next waves in. Still, despite the lower production, we have still had difficulties with getting waves to flow evenly. The EU wave will be produced in a volume similar to that of the EpII wave that came out at the end of the blue/white Legacy Droid Factory run last Spring, making it the red/white wave with the shortest production run.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2010, 12:22 PM »
while I was able to get th AOTC wave with no issue - that news is still crap-tastic

thanks JediJman for passing the news along to me.