Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122010 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #315 on: May 8, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Toys"R"Us.com has posted the EU figures for order (full price though)

Dark Trooper
Jaina Solo
Jacen Solo
Spacetrooper
Shaak Ti
K'Kruhk

They're all out of stock already.  Thanks for the links though Jayson!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 8, 2010, 05:07 PM »
I just walked into the SW aisle this morning and an employee just said - let me go check the back, I know there's more cases in the back.  Without me even asking she brought me out 3 cases of w13.  That was cool of her.  Hooked up a few more locals with the troopers.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
MOST WANTED WAVE 13 FIG?
« Reply #317 on: May 8, 2010, 08:40 PM »
so,who seems to be the most valued or sought after fig from wave 13?from the feedback i have been reading i am surprised to see the spacetrooper getting alot of mention,but i still think the dark trooper phase 1 is the best looking/constructed/articulated fig out of this wave,and it is a beast ta boot,whats everyone else's  thoughts?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: MOST WANTED WAVE 13 FIG?
« Reply #318 on: May 8, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Speaking for myself I'm most interested in the 2nd Bespin Security Guard, with K'Kruhk and Spacetrooper coming in 2nd.

Not interested in any others.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: MOST WANTED WAVE 13 FIG?
« Reply #319 on: May 8, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Just the Bespin Guard and K'Kruhk for me.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 8, 2010, 10:57 PM »
You kidding? The Bespin Security guard is the only one of this wave I've seen.  It's the peg warmer of the wave around here.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 8, 2010, 11:57 PM »
You kidding? The Bespin Security guard is the only one of this wave I've seen.  It's the peg warmer of the wave around here.

That's if you can sell people on the idea that a figure who's release date was 7 days ago is capable of warming a peg already.

If you told me Yarna and Sae Sae Tiin were warming pegs in your area, that I'd buy.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 9, 2010, 03:22 PM »
seems these have dried up fast being i am now seeing the end caps but only clone wars figs on the pegs

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 9, 2010, 05:39 PM »

That's if you can sell people on the idea that a figure who's release date was 7 days ago is capable of warming a peg already.

If you told me Yarna and Sae Sae Tiin were warming pegs in your area, that I'd buy.

Considering the rest of the wave is long gone. I'd say he is warming the pegs. We still see lots of Yarne and Sae Sae Tiin.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 9, 2010, 05:39 PM »
i was just wondering,i thought i started a new topic on the most wanted wave 13(eu) fig?was it merged into this thread?
« Last Edit: May 9, 2010, 05:40 PM by STARKILLER »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #325 on: May 9, 2010, 06:45 PM »
i was just wondering,i thought i started a new topic on the most wanted wave 13(eu) fig?was it merged into this thread?

Yep, eight posts up from this one.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 9, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Agreed, Bespin Security dude is the leftover I see most consistently. Shaak ti and the Space Troopers seem to fly off the fastest.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 9, 2010, 11:13 PM »
Up until this past week it's been rare to even see Utris M'toc at retail.  The most common indicator of the EU wave that I've seen in the stores have been the repacks:  Luke, Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, R2 and Chewbacca.  Slapping the pegwarmer label on Utris M'toc at this point seems a bit premature.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 10, 2010, 12:58 AM »
Found these this weekend, my TRU had the endcap and what must've been 5 or 6 cases worth between it and the aisle. I was pretty happy to find them at 5 bucks a pop, too.

Pretty dissappointed in the already yellowing Spacetroopers, though. Now I'm hoping he gets a rerelease down the line so we get better plastic. Happy as a clam to actually own Jaina and Jacen figures, those are two from my EU wish list I never thoought I'd see, and after the scary talk a week ago, I was ready to dash my hopes for a second time rather than jump through hoops or pay exorbitant prices for them.

I wish the repack figures had worked out better for me as far as putting together a complete BG droid...I might have picked up an R2 or Chewie or Obi Wan if they were worth the while. (As it stands, I need arms!) A funny thing that occurred to me is if this is the only case ratio we ever see of this wave (as I believe it is) then Hasbro actually had to make twice as many of the BG droid as any of the figures they decided were worth selling to us. Kind of amusing.

All in all, I'm pleased with how this wave ended up. I am done with Legacy now, and good riddance! I give the collection as a whole a D+. Do better with the Vintage line, please!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #329 on: May 10, 2010, 10:25 AM »
The Spacetrooper turned out to be a figure I really like better than I thought I would. I liked him so much I bought 4. I saw the plastic color too but it did not bother me too much. So in order of favorites of this wave it would have to be:

K'kruhk (A slam dunk perfect figure. The only drawback is his missing hat)

Jaina (One of the the if not the best female headsculpt in SW. My only complaint is the saber is not purple)

Spacetrooper (This figure looks great with the POTF2 era Stormtrooper standard blaster. Big & Beefy!)

Shaak ti (Very well done, I have zero complaints)

Jacen (Nice, no complaints. Just nothing to go gaga about)

U'tris (His hat could stand to fit better but is a nice change. I thought these guys were too tall & too specific but it's easy to change with head swaps.)

Darktrooper (I think this figure sucks personally. It looks good for what it is but I am not into the design at all.)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/