Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 210748 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2008, 04:13 PM »
Hasbro wants to find a dirty rat.....I know for a fact they are still pissed.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:02 AM by Jeff »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2008, 04:25 PM »
The Royal Starship or a Faamba or whatever just wouldn't cut it... and I sure as hell hope if we do get something, it's not some sort of Podracer.  Bleh!

I do think that they could get away with something Federation related from Episode One, as it could also serve as a Clone Wars piece...   

I agree the MTT doesn't overly excite me... but I'd get it.  A Federation Cruiser would be nice too.  Or those battle droid transports you see carrying troops.  I'd like that.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2008, 04:31 PM »
Hasbro wants to find a dirty rat.....I know for a fact they are still pissed.

Hey Jack, I'm not doubting you, but I wonder how they could have ever expected for the Falcon to not be known about until SDCC... not in this information age... plus, retailers were getting it in their stockrooms a couple weeks earlier, and there were leaks at retail... look at what happened in Canada too with our friend Jangotat.

Do you really think this is a mole hunt?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2008, 04:59 PM »
and I sure as hell hope if we do get something, it's not some sort of Podracer.  Bleh!

I'm pretty sure Hasbro acknowledged in one of their QnA's that they'd be doing more Podracers in 09-10.  What if this is our UBP for 09?  That would suck.

Ya - forget about what I said.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2008, 05:19 PM »
Something BIG for TPM's 10 Anniversary?

All these 'movie anniversary' rumors we've been hearing (e.g. TPM=MTT, ESB=Slave I/AT-AT, etc.) just seem weird to me. I don't recall Hasbro ever making an item(s) for a specific movie's anniversary, besides ANH of course. Why would they start doing it now, especially since they're gonna have their hands full promoting the animated and live-action TV shows?

Don't get me wrong...I'd love an MTT, I'd even buy Podrace-centric UBPs...it just seems like he's pulling reasons out of his ass so that his many recent far-fetched rumors will be taken more seriously.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2008, 05:36 PM »
Amen brother!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2008, 06:16 PM »
I say take what he says with a grain of salt.  If we do get more big items, great.  If not, too bad. 

Either way, I'm not going to praise or diss someone for posting information they may have gotten from a source.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2008, 06:48 PM »
I don't recall Hasbro ever making an item(s) for a specific movie's anniversary, besides ANH of course.

Surely you haven't forgotten the wonderful ROTJ 25th anniversary wave we just got?!?

Yarna doesn't get hauled out for just any old wave!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2008, 10:15 PM »
An MTT would be pretty cool.  It has that crossover potential with both TPM and The Clone Wars...provided it makes an appearance in the series.

The Clone Turbo tank which is in another rumor list?  I've heard Hasbro mention that in passing as well.  Most notably at this past Toy Fair.

I almost get the feeling that Clone Wars director Dave Filoni is trying to get some of the really big vehicles into the Clone Wars movie and series for his own ends.  He's also a collector, and perhaps he wants to add some of these things to his own collection.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2008, 10:39 PM »
I'm sure with the success of the Falcon and the AT-TE Hasbro is looking at making more large scale items which is great.

For the TPM anniversary, I could see them re-releasing the Queen's Starship...hopefully a bit retooled, but even if they did a straight re-release, I think it would do well.  That was one of the toughest to get items from the Episode 1 line if I recall.

An MTT would also be a good idea, but we'd probably end up with the air taxi.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2008, 10:55 PM »
Not to disagree with you Matt, but the Royal Starship bombed in my area and ended up on clearance fpr $49.98 at TRU, and even at that price didn't move too well... they can still be had on ebay for less than the initial retail price of $100 including shipping. 

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2008, 10:56 PM »
I'm sure with the success of the Falcon and the AT-TE Hasbro is looking at making more large scale items which is great.

For the TPM anniversary, I could see them re-releasing the Queen's Starship...hopefully a bit retooled, but even if they did a straight re-release, I think it would do well.  That was one of the toughest to get items from the Episode 1 line if I recall.

An MTT would also be a good idea, but we'd probably end up with the air taxi.   :D

I wouldnt say it was that rare. My uncle got it for me at an outlet store that buys stuff from the mass retailers that doesnt sell. he got it for me at $60 while just last year I saw it several times at a couple of cons going for no more then $30-40. Im not saying its easy to find now but in terms of what I have been seeing this doesnt fetch much of an after market price. If hasbro does release a big vehicle for the TPM ani I just hope it is something that has not been done before.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2008, 11:03 PM »
I'd (seriously) love to see a Fambaa re-release in a UBP packed with a new Jar Jar, tons of Gungans, Boomer Damaged Battle Droids, and one of those big head things.  :) :-X

But an MTT would be pretty awesome, too. I just don't know how I'd make room for it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2008, 11:12 PM »
I don't buy prequel ships, so a MTT or Royal Starship doesn't interest me. However, I'd be sold on a BMF style AT-AT.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Not to disagree with you Matt, but the Royal Starship bombed in my area and ended up on clearance fpr $49.98 at TRU, and even at that price didn't move too well... they can still be had on ebay for less than the initial retail price of $100 including shipping. 
I got mine for $20 at Target, I could have had 10 of them...it bombed huge