Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 210785 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #300 on: January 27, 2009, 09:26 AM »
I'm going to have to take everyone's word on the BMF not selling well because it sold very well around here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 27, 2009, 03:23 PM »
I'm going to have to take everyone's word on the BMF not selling well because it sold very well around here.

Yeah, it did pretty well here to it seems.  Like I said, the only place I've seen them is at one of our Wal-Marts, where there is two or three on clearance for $99 each.  Target(s), TRU, and our other Wal-Marts have been sold out of both of the big vehicles.  I'd say they did pretty well here locally, and hopefully elsewhere too.  Its difficult to judge I guess - if its a failure if it didn't sell out 100% in the first six to eight months, then I guess it didn't do as well as expected.  If selling the majority is considered good, then it did ok here too.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 27, 2009, 03:43 PM »
well, i think the consensus was that the Falcon did well, just not as well. They're all sold out in my neighborhood, but then again I haven't been to TRU or K-Mart recently.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 27, 2009, 10:42 PM »
I am in the it did really well around here camp.  I can find one here and there but it's certainly not rotting on the shelves anywhere around me.  But then again I live near Phx, AZ and they seem to have a ton of SW collectors in this area.  The AT-TE did even better of course.  I don't think there was any of this  Falcon on clearence for $65 stuff around me.  Maybe $125 around Christmas but not much less than that. 

Anyway, I am looking forward to the Turbo Tank and will most likely get it at full price.  Hopefully this time around there won't be another $100 plus item for it to compete against.  Unless of course they want to put the Sail Barge on the shelves.   That would be fine with me  ;D

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2009, 02:54 PM »
I think the AT-TE did better, because it's $50 cheaper, and it's an item that collectors (and very lucky kids) can have multiples of.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2009, 06:29 PM »
I think the AT-TE did better, because it's $50 cheaper, and it's an item that collectors (and very lucky kids) can have multiples of.

Great point(s).

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #306 on: February 2, 2009, 09:35 PM »
Not sure if I mentioned this, but it is my belief, and PURE SPECULATION that the Falcon will be the connection between the OT and the Live Action TV show.  Lucasfilm knows this, and gave Hasbro the heads up, knowing that they could use a killer mold for the next few years.

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 2, 2009, 11:04 PM »
Right. Next time we see it, it will be $200 with a big red strip down the center.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 2, 2009, 11:06 PM »
I pray, hope and beg that the Falcon does not show up in the TV series.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #309 on: February 2, 2009, 11:45 PM »
I pray, hope and beg that the Falcon does not show up in the TV series.

Agreed 100%...  I want to see murderers, bounty hunters, and cool ****, but leave the Falcon out...  I really tire of "main stuff" tie-ins.

I won't be shocked at all if it shows up though, and if it's important to boot.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 3, 2009, 09:22 AM »
It might not be "the" falcon, but could be another Corilian ship.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 3, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Not to get this off topic, but I'm starting to get more interested in the live action series as well - even though it sounds like its a little while off yet.  Part of me would like to see some OT-ish connections, just because it would be nice to get back to that "time" as opposed to all the CW/PT era jazz we've had lately.  I'm not saying its time to have "young" versions of Han/Luke/Leia/etc. - but it would be nice to have some familiar things like minor OT characters/officers, familiar-looking ships (not exact necessarily, but similar).  Anyways, a discussion for another time/forum, but I'm wondering if more people might want to see familiar characters/items - or have no connection at all to the movies (R2/3PO, vehicles, etc. included).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 4, 2009, 05:29 PM »
Minor connections yes, but no need for mainline characters. At least not in every story.

The occasional (rare) appearance by say Vader of Fett would be cool.

I'd like to see a Lando 2-3 part story arc. In fact the one where he first gets the Falcon would be awesome to see.

Of course there would be stormtroopers, Imperial officers, star destroyers, etc. So there would be enough background tie-ins. No need for Luke or Han.

A very young Leia could make a BRIEF appearance at the Senate on Coruscant and I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy Smits reprise his Bail Organa role for a couple of episodes.

I'd like to see how the Rebellion started. (And NOT the Force Unleashed way...) Include young Mon Mothma and Garm Bel Iblis and this would be a great story arc.

There are plenty of minor characters to draw from. Important ones that could help further the story and background of the saga without having to bring in the "heavies" of Luke, or Han for instance.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 4, 2009, 06:21 PM »
I'm all about an OT bridge that deals with the Rebellion and such, but not so much with characters like Yoda, Han, Chewie, Lando, Luke and Kenobi.  I love the characters, but don't want them to show up again until the old school films.

As for the founders of the Rebellion, that does have a lot of room.  Leia?  I can buy that completely.  She was involved as an Imperial senator and was important to the story before ANH.  Same goes for Bail Organa, Captain Antilles and the main droids.  Show them as much as you want because that makes sense.

Empire?  Of course Vader and Palpatine... and Tarkin would be fine too.  And a ton of new moffs, senators, goons, etc.  Stormtroopers galore.

Jabba?  Sure, in a limited capacity.  Though I think a new Hutt would be even better that has no relation to Jabba. 

Boba Fett?  I don't really care either way.  Maybe a small role.  But I don't really care.

I think that Lucas should look at introducing as many new characters as possible...Hell, create a whole new cast of main characters for the TV series with a main outcast Jedi, a smuggler or something, some survivors of the Confederacy that fight the Empire too, etc.  Could even throw in Shaak Ti too.  Love her.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2009, 06:22 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 5, 2009, 09:16 AM »
Itīs time for a bigger at-at walker, with a cockpit for 4 action figures, more accesories from Hoth and Endor battles.

Just do it Hasbro (you know funny life is very challenging)