Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 210745 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Agreed.  The turbo tank is something that I think we might see if:

a) the AT-TE does well

b) it appears in the Clone Wars series

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Larger Slave 1 as well...

I don't consider certain items to fit this category well...  A larget AT-ST could be done now and not be $100.  Same with Slave 1 and most Starfighters even.  Slave-1's pushing it though, but still it's nowhere near huge...  AT-ST though, the thing is mostly air so that's one I'd love to see done right (to-scale).

I'm not counting on Hasbro to redo fighters and whatnot...  Some they've already done right, some I'd like to see improved though.  Y-Wing and X-Wing I'd love to see scale versions of.  Hasbro seems content with what they've done on those though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2008, 09:25 AM »
The AT-ST I definitely see happening; after all, I modified the existing one and got a fairly screen-accurate version:

The Sailbarge... I don't think they'd make it large enough to do it justice.  It would probably be a case of the Sandcrawler: great paintjob, horribly underscaled.  I made a Sailbarge as a diorama more than a vehicle:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Very cool Sail Barge, awesoem work!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Thank you!  Here's another pic:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2008, 12:55 PM »
You made that quite a while ago, right?  I remember drooling over pics of it a couple years ago.

Will Hasbro ever make a Sail Barge?  I think it's doable.  The POTC ship was pretty big and was only about $60 at stores.  Maybe Hasbro could pull something off in the $100-$140 range.  Wouldn't be to scale, but just having one that looks cool is better than nothing at all.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2008, 01:17 PM »
The sail barge is boring compared to the AT-TE and Falcon.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2008, 01:27 PM »
You think so?  It's my favorite scene in ROTJ actually.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2008, 01:28 PM »
Compared to the play value of the Falcon and AT-TE? 

Yes.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2008, 03:50 PM »
We had another family over for dinner last night. We were talking about star wars toys because their five and seven year olds are totally into star wars. I should them pictures of the new Falcon and AT-TE. The kids where totally all over the AT-TE and didn't seem to care about the Falcon. My son, who is eight, said he would rather have the AT-TE over the Falcon because he could put his clones in it.

My point is I have a feeling that the AT-TE will out perform the Falcon in stores this Christmas simply because kids are more familure with the prequals and Clone Wars stuff over the original triliogy stuff. We will buy the Falcon but the kids will want the AT-TE. This will leave a ton of Falcons on the shelves and Hasbro shying away from any large OT ships or playsets once again. Too bad the Genosians didn't build a prototype Death Star during the Clone Wars.  :(
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2008, 04:47 PM »
my son wants   both, but he likes Empire, Sith and New Hope the best, he likes the Clone Wars video game better than AotC so that's why he wants the at-te but since he likes ep 4 &5, he really digs the falcon too. man it's gonna be an expensive fall. glad I finally got a job ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2008, 06:32 PM »
Will Hasbro ever make a Sail Barge?  I think it's doable.  The POTC ship was pretty big and was only about $60 at stores. 

It also had the benefit if being in three major movies in a very prominent role, plus was in the title of the first flick.  The Sail Barge, not so much...
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2008, 07:16 PM »
In regards to kids liking the PT more so i dont think thats true. I was at TRU two days ago and i had two cases were kids were looking for OT characters. one kid was looking through every figure for an R2 and a Han. And when i was checking out I had a kid and his parent in front of me asking the front cash if they had any of the OT characters. Sadly the women at cash had no clue what they were talking about and even worse all they had was EU and PT stuff on the shelf.

I the end though I always find the younger kids into OT while some of the older ones into PT. heck my cousins are 7 and 5 and they both prefer OT over PT and I (the only one in the family that couldve influenced them into watching it) didnt even watch it with them or tell them anything about the movies prior to viewing it.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline darthchuckmc

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2008, 07:25 PM »
I agree that kids DO like the PT more than OT. Working in a Toy Department for 5 years now, I've seen more than my share of kids and parents looking for or saking for particular characters.
 I do get the occasional "Where's Luke?", but it's mostly asking for Clones, Mace or Yoda (w/ lightsaber)...
Hell, today I had a Mom ask why I didn't have any JAR JAR BINKS figures! I am NOT making that up to be a smartass either. She was a little pissed, and asked if those Collector guys bought them all up already this morning. I politely explained that he hasn't been out since ROTS 3 years ago, but she could probably get him cheap on eBay.
 My own kids (14 & 12), prefer the PT even though they were born watching the OT, until they were 5 & 3. Once TPM came out, they were hooked, and think the OT is "boring" now....except for the saber duels that is.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2008, 08:27 PM »
Will Hasbro ever make a Sail Barge?  I think it's doable.  The POTC ship was pretty big and was only about $60 at stores. 

It also had the benefit if being in three major movies in a very prominent role, plus was in the title of the first flick.  The Sail Barge, not so much...

Wow I love the negativity!   :)