Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Big Items of the Future!

<< < (2/186) > >>

Jesse James:
Agreed...  These are vehicles with immense play value to them, not a hallway, so I don't think there's really a comparison here.  Let's be realistic about it still. ;)  The Falcon's "close" to being a playset because it's interior is the place of many memorable scenes...  At its core though, it's a ship that was throughout the original trilogy and the focus of a ton of action too with it twisting, spinning, shooting, fighting...  TONS of appeal to all ages.

I still maintain though, if both this and the AT-TE are on shelves at the same time...  Which one does little billy ask mom/dad to buy him for the holidays?  I dunno...

There's not been many people I am aware of who said they'll never do this or that vehicle in the modern line...  There's been rumors of lots of "big ticket" items being on Hasbro's lists they'd like to try if the moment presented itself.  Hasbro's said as much, have they not?  Hell, didn't Hasbro themselves say they'd love to update the Falcon "at the right time"?  Is it really flooring people that it happened then, and it's got a ton of cool stuff going on with it too?

iFett:

--- Quote from: Jeff on April 10, 2008, 05:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: iFett on April 10, 2008, 05:39 PM ---Plus it's the only larger vehicle I can think of that had enough screen time to warrent such a large vehicle. 
--- End quote ---

How long before folks start clamoring for a 6ft long $500 Star Destroyer ship/playset?   :D

--- End quote ---

It worked back in the 80's with the U.S.S. Flagg.  Not sure how much that sucker retailed for, but it's been 20+ years, so I think it's time for some larger vehicles.   :)

DoctorPadawan:

--- Quote from: iFett on April 10, 2008, 06:39 PM ---It worked back in the 80's with the U.S.S. Flagg.  Not sure how much that sucker retailed for, but it's been 20+ years, so I think it's time for some larger vehicles.   :)

--- End quote ---

The one and only time I saw it at retail (at a Wal-Mart), it was 100 bucks (99.something or other).  I only knew one kid who had it growing up, and he and I weren't friends for an entirely different reason. :)  I now have a friend (hi Dave!) who actually has one and I'm still impressed by it in every photograph I see. :)

As for other "aggressive" type vehicles, didn't Hasbro say in one of the Q&As at one point that they had done an in-house proof-of-concept of an action figure sized Turbo Tank?

Jeff:

--- Quote from: DoctorPadawan on April 10, 2008, 07:13 PM ---As for other "aggressive" type vehicles, didn't Hasbro say in one of the Q&As at one point that they had done an in-house proof-of-concept of an action figure sized Turbo Tank?
--- End quote ---

I don't know about the Turbo Tank exactly, but I have heard that they mock up all kinds of things for "proof-of-concept" purposes but a lot of it never sees the shelves out of cost. 

Maybe someone who knows a bit more on the subject should share what he knows...  :-X

evenflow:
I mentioned in the other thread i wanted the sail barge, but i would also like a more in scale sandcrawler.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version