Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 210793 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #135 on: July 7, 2008, 02:43 AM »
What about a Dagobah playset? That seems like something that they could do by resurrecting the vintage Dagobah playset with some new pieces and an updated paint job.

Could even make an Ultra Battle Pack out of it.

Not quite an ultra set though as I could only see:
Luke
R2
Yoda
Spirit Ben
Vader
Swamp monster

there were no other beings present (not including snakes)

so pack in Yoda's hut and it's still not an ultra set. Include maybe the Dagobah X-wing from this and you've got something a bit better. Oh and maybe the shuttle that Yoda took to the surface from ROTS...

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 9, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Yes a Sailbarge should be a great playset/vehicle
I hope someday we could see one from Hasbro
Only I wish it has good 3D details instead of stickers (stickers are good but not in excess)
This virtual sailbarge will need room for Jabba´s throne, cockpit, guns, windows, and a nice detailed outside and inside of the toy. It would be a challenge for toy sculptors. :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2008, 10:06 AM »
So if Adam May is right (in his currrent blog), which would you buy - a large AT-AT or Slave 1? I could see the AT-AT being in the same box size as the AT-TE. It could be as long as the AT-TE with the legs disassembled. Slave 1 could be in a large box like the Falcon.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 10:20 AM by Jeff »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2008, 10:11 AM »
Adam May has updated the Galactic Blogger today with some interesting discussion on future "big" items and redos.  The Death Star, Slave 1, and AT-AT are mentioned...more at the linky.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2008, 10:24 AM »
Death Star playset eh?  Hmmm... can't help but get a smirk on my face if it comes true.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2008, 12:58 PM »
Not to sound like a moron, but he's confirming the Death Star, Slave I, and AT-AT?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2008, 01:22 PM »
Not to sound like a moron, but he's confirming the Death Star, Slave I, and AT-AT?

That someone inside Hasbro is considering it for release in some stage of preproduction?  Sure.  That sort of thing happens all the time.  Doesn't mean it'll see the light of day.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2008, 01:27 PM »
Sounds like it.

Well a modular Death Star Playset is something I've been campaigning for, for years now. I know it's not official until it comes from Hasbro, but with so many leaks previous to this about other things, I'm more inclined to believe Adam May this time.

Some of my long time dreams that I've campaigned for have come true. AT-TE, Homing Spider droid to name two of them. Playsets are starting to make their way back in some form-Sarlaac Pit, Lars Homestead.  So really, can a DS playset be all that far off? I hope not. No way do I want an all-in-one though as that would be way to much money at once. The BMF, AT-TE and other vehicles from 7/26 were quite enough at once, thank you. A planned modular DS set, will pique our interest, keep us collecting and won't take up a huge amount of room all at once. This idea also gives us time to plan for a large set when combined as well as lets us build it in pieces at lower costs than an all-in-one. We can pick and choose which sets we want (though many will get all of them).

Anyway, I could go on and on about this topic. Bring it on!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Anyway, I could go on and on about this topic. Bring it on!

You're not alone Sal.   ;)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2008, 05:45 PM »
I personally am not that interested in buying a super deluxe version of the AT-AT at a high price point.  The current versions are good enough in my opinion.

I'm also torn on the Slave I.  I feel that the existing versions are good enough, but then again I'm not a huge Fett fan.

However I would be all over new Death Star playset(s) and other huge new vehicles.  $150 Super deluxe Star Destroyer?  Yes!  $150 Super deluxe Blockade Runner?  Yes!  Heck, I'd rather have a Rebel Transport over a new AT-AT or Slave I.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2008, 05:57 PM »
The Slave I and AT-AT really aren't too exciting. Sure, the current versions are underscale, but these are two vehicles that I just can't see myself buying scale (huge) versions of at a high price point. :-\

The Death Star could be really awesome though, especially if it's modelled after the vintage playset.

I'm still hoping for a Blockade Runner. Now that would make me happier than a pig in ****. :D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2008, 06:01 PM »
I think a new AT AT would be pretty awesome if they did it right.  Like, a big enough body that the head could hold 2 figures and be to scale...  It'd be real tall though.

I'd rather have a sailbarge.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2008, 06:49 PM »
Now that would make me happier than a pig in ****. :D

You know, you're allowed to swear here at JD, this isn't RS.

As for big items, I think a to-scale AT-ST and a larger AT-AT would be great. I know it's a longshot, but I'd also like to see an Imperial Sentinel-class landing craft.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2008, 10:44 PM »
I agree with Rob, I really want to see a Sail Barge.  Just imagine how nice that would be, and the ability to display Jabba's goons on it. Wow.

Also, a Death Star playset is obviously high on my list... I do NOT want to see a vintage remake though.  That would be a major letdown for me, I want something that looks like it's from the films.  Similar to the Lars Homestead and Sarlacc, but of course on a grander scale. 

The AT-ST is also up there for me.  Not the AT-AT as much as the others, but I'd get it of course.

Slave I - no thanks!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2008, 10:57 PM »
The Slave I doesn't do it for me, either.  After seeing the BMF, I am curious to see what a new AT AT would look like however.  My wants are more modest, though.  A new snowspeeder is kind of my big thing.  Or not so big thing.