Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 210762 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #165 on: August 6, 2008, 10:05 PM »
I hope all the sail barge questions and its appearance in the Clone Wars pushes hasbro to further conisder making it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2008, 06:39 AM »
Something BIG for TPM's 10 Anniversary?

Adam posted this here,

Gallactic Hunter Forums

I hear (from a reliable, reliable source, no, not the voices in my head) that there's something "BIG" planned for next year's 10-year anniversary of TPM. It could just be a chrome plated Queen's Starship, or it could be an MTT "BULL" Tank. Speculate at will.

I hope it's the MTT!  :o ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 06:41 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Seriously. I don't think we need the Queen's starship again.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2008, 11:22 AM »
Theed Palace could be nice.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2008, 11:40 AM »
I sure wish I had reliable sources.  You'd think Hasbro would be getting pretty pissed off at this guy by now - not that I'm complaining about the info.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2008, 12:32 PM »
Adam has got to realize that spreading rumors without proof just erodes any gains he made with the BMF. The Falcon is old news. He needs proof of something new and not just a "I hear we are getting ____." without any documented proof. Otherwise, he will find himself being ignored just like the guys over at DeathStarPlans2.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2008, 12:48 PM »

And exciting.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2008, 01:38 PM »
"Adam has got to realize that spreading rumors without proof just erodes any gains he made with the BMF. The Falcon is old news. He needs proof of something new and not just a "I hear we are getting ____." without any documented proof. Otherwise, he will find himself being ignored just like the guys over at DeathStarPlans2."

I don't agree.  With the BMF he showed us that he has the inside track. He was dead on with that one, and I'm sure he will be in the future. He can't say "this is coming" or Hasbro will get  angry, so he posts the stuff as rumors.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2008, 01:53 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with rumor mills like this.  If anything, they spark interest.

And exciting.

Not much in EPI is really exciting, is it? 

I think if you use a little bit of imagination and common sense, one could probably come up with an appealing Theed Palace... the courtyard area might work, where the droid army collides with the Jedi and small Naboo force. 

Something kind of like this custom set up that The Professor made is what I have in mind -

Doubt we'd ever get anything that big obviously... but, some snap together "floor pieces", a couple buildings (maybe one with a scaled down interior of the hangar), a statue or two, and maybe a Gian Speeder along with a couple Battle Droids, and you might have something interesting... especially if you could "expand" it on your own by purchasing more than one set.  I don't consider it likely at all that we'll see something like this, but it's fun to think about.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2008, 02:03 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with rumor mills like this.  If anything, they spark interest.

And exciting.

Not much in EPI is really exciting, is it? 

Nope, that's why you don't see a lot of toys from EP1.

the courtyard area might work, where the droid army collides with the Jedi and small Naboo force. 

OK

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2008, 02:08 PM »
Not gonna happen I'm sure, but they could potentially side-market it as being a Battlefront location too, for both the prequel and OT era... just an idea.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2008, 02:14 PM »
I don't agree.  With the BMF he showed us that he has the inside track. He was dead on with that one, and I'm sure he will be in the future. He can't say "this is coming" or Hasbro will get  angry, so he posts the stuff as rumors.

The BMF was months ago and is old news and was just about to be announced anyway. He needs to start proving things more often than just one lucky hit. Where are all the things he "perdicted" before the BMF? Where is proof of the things he has been saying lately? The excuse of "Hasbro just changed their mind." doesn't fly.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:15 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Where exactly did he predict the BMF was coming...the AT-TE he did but I don't remember the Falcon.

Figure wise there are several on that list he's been saying are coming for at least 3 years now...mind change, I know

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2008, 03:53 PM »
Maybe it's me, but a Chrome Queen's Starship and a MTT do not do anything to wet my collecting appetite. The old Starhip is not in high demand now and can still be purchased below retail (shipping included) on ebay. The MTT is a big mobile clothing rack with tank treads. If these rumors come to fruition what a disappointment.

Any idea for a large item from EP1 is a bad one and sounds like a steaming pile of Faamba **** to me. Hasbro has steered clear of EP1 basic figures like no tomorrow for a reason: 85% of the characters suck Gungan balls! Be glad we got a handful of them over the past 3 years. I am not craving for more Japanese Mime Padmes or Captain Panaka and his merry lemon orange crew of losers. I do not know about the rest of you but I am not feeling any kind of void in my collection for Kipster and Willow in the Rodian get up. If they do come out I have a nice spot for them at the bottom of my figure bins. (They can keep Orn Free Taa and the Lucas sisters company.)

Why would they pull out the stops now for a large EP 1 investment?  Do two waves of figures from the TPM and maybe rerelease the Naboo Starfighter then call it a day. Does the general public even care (or want to know for that matter) that the TPM is 10 years old? Most people only want to watch 10 minutes of that turd of a film and it's the Maul duel. It's seriously painful to watch.

The Sail Barge & Death Star are worthy big ticket items. I would be excited about either of those being made. GH's rumors sound like they are from an unreliable, unreliable source. Kudo's for the BMF scoop, but did it ever cross his mind that Hasbro is still pissed and wants to plant a fake rumor to expose the mole? They will push the upcoming live action TV series or CW again before EP1.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:57 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2008, 04:04 PM »
I have to say I agree for the most part.  Neither the Royal Starship or the MTT excite me all that much either.  I used to always regret having to pass on the Queen's ship at TRU years ago (when it was on clearance), but at this point I really don't have room for a lot of big stuff (and it seems like we're starting to get more and more of it) - and any room I do have I'd sooner save for something better than these.

I think it would be a mistake to make anything too terribly high dollar from TPM as well.  They would be better off BMF-ing more OT ships, or tackling something else spiffy from the Clone Wars era.  I think those are the two things that can push items of that size at retail, but I guess you never know.  I'm fine with them recognizing the 10th Anniversary of TPM (although I'm guessing a lot of fans would be "meh"), but if they wanted to do a 10 figure line or something (for the 10th ann.) with "ultimate" versions of the biggest characters from that movie (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Padme, Jar Jar, Anakin, Maul, etc.) that would be fine.  Also, even though I have one, I'm always a little surprised we haven't seen the Naboo starfighter re-released in the starfighter line as well.  Again, that shows how far away Hasbro has stayed from TPM stuff, so investing in something large and pricey seems kind of surprising to me as well.