Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 210749 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #450 on: August 7, 2010, 03:03 AM »
Who knows what the brain-trust at Hasbro thinks sometimes, Rob.  Although the small infiltrator did sell pretty good.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 7, 2010, 07:21 PM »
I'm almost certain the reason Hasbro balked at the Twilight was because of the association with the super-popular vampire movies.  Perhaps in a few years when the movies are all done and gone we'll get that vehicle.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 7, 2010, 08:25 PM »
I'm almost certain the reason Hasbro balked at the Twilight was because of the association with the super-popular vampire movies.  Perhaps in a few years when the movies are all done and gone we'll get that vehicle.

That's actually more plausible to me than any of the other lame excuses they have given.

Here's hoping for a renewed presence in Season 3.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 7, 2010, 08:36 PM »
I think if the $70 vehicle assortment had been more successful then we might have one day gotten a larger Sith Infiltrator and possibly even a Twilight.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #454 on: October 29, 2010, 10:02 PM »
From the Q&A at 16bit.com:

QUESTION:  [snip]...does Hasbro have plans to reveal another big-ticket ($75+) exclusive and/or non-exclusive vehicle in 2011? [/snip]

ANSWER:  Yes, there will be one new ship next year, and it will be less than $99.99 - that we have been focused on. It will be Clone Wars related, and that's all we'll say until Toy Fair.

Thoughts/Guesses?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #455 on: October 30, 2010, 02:00 AM »
Either a Clone Shuttle or Twilight...  I cannot fathom anything else unless it's something yet to be revealed in the series.  The weird deal with the Twilight is that it's been oddly written out of the series lately.  Kinda like they missed their golden chance with that one when it was brand new and in steady use in the show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 30, 2010, 04:47 PM »
It has to be some type of a shuttle.  IIRC they ditched the Twilight after season 1 so it doesn't really have much relevance anymore.  Kinda wished they would have kept that as their ride though.  That ship really grew on me.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 30, 2010, 05:08 PM »
Either a Clone Shuttle or Twilight...  I cannot fathom anything else unless it's something yet to be revealed in the series.  The weird deal with the Twilight is that it's been oddly written out of the series lately.  Kinda like they missed their golden chance with that one when it was brand new and in steady use in the show.

It's okay, the Twilight sucked. I'm glad it wasn't made. I'm hoping this new ship is a clone shuttle, preferably the one with the flip-down ramp under the cockpit. While there are plenty of vehicles in TCW, it's hard to identify ships that fit with Hasbro's "requirements."

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #458 on: October 30, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Republic Shuttle is a solid bet. I'd like a Twilight though as well.
Can we please have both?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 30, 2010, 09:09 PM »

I can't recall exactly which one it was, but I listened to a ForceCast somewhat recently where they had Dave Filoni on and they asked him about the Twilight.  I don't remember the exact wording, but he basically said that he/they weren't crazy about the design, and thought they could use something better from now on.  It made it sound like it wouldn't be back, at least anytime soon, but I could be wrong.  I do think a Clone shuttle is fairly likely, I can't think of much else we'd see in that larger scale from CW unless it is something we haven't already seen.  Honestly, I think I'd rather see one of the OT starfighters redone instead, but oh well :).

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2010, 09:16 PM »
I'm on record as a BIG proponent of the Twilight, but even I'm not holding my breath for it anymore. As time goes by it seems increasingly unlikely.

If you want clues, it's always helpful to survey the Lego offerings, and they do have a big-ass Separatist shuttle out there. B-o-r-i-n-g but a possibility.

Thing is, there are some really cool ships out there they could create that have actually figured into the series. I love that Republic ship with the rotating section around the canopy, like a B-Wing prototype almost.

Or even one of the heavy attack cruisers!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #461 on: November 1, 2010, 04:36 PM »
With the focus on clones, my guess is the attack shuttle.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 2, 2010, 11:07 AM »
Attack Shuttle is my guess too... and it's a welcome addition if it's indeed coming.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 3, 2010, 01:51 PM »
"NU" class attack Shuttle.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nu-class_attack_shuttle

I REALLY want this one. It's one of the last few SW ships I really have any desire for.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 4, 2010, 10:36 AM »
That shuttle would be a pretty good choice.  I always liked the design of that ship, and it could make for a cool toy.  Plus, I'm not sure what else could be done from CW that is very likely - at least that we've seen so far.  Sure, there are Seperatist ships, but those just don't seem too likely to get made.  One thought I had - and I'm sure it probably won't happen - is a possible re-do/upsizing of the Gunship.  I know it has been done, and repainted/re-released several times, but it is does fit the bill as far as being recognizable, used in CW a lot, and also clone-centric (which Hasbro/kids like).  Again, maybe not too likely, but I could see it happening at some point.