Author Topic: Alien Ware PC  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Alien Ware PC
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:24 PM »
So lately I have been getting more and more into PC gaming, Mice are much more accurate and instead of using just 4 fingers on a console, your using at least 8 on the pc. Reactions are faster, and aiming is soo much easier. The Game play is faster and more intense. You don't get the 12 year olds playing on there because they cannot afford a 2.5-5 thousand gaming PC. LAN tournaments are also big and the competition is just so much more intense.

So I have been looking around and I found my PC the alien ware 15x
heres my custom specs

[1] Area-51® m15x

Display: 15.4" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD (720p) with Clearview Technology
System Lighting: Alienware® AlienFX® System Lighting - White
Video/Graphics Card: 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8700M GT
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz (3MB Cache 800MHz FSB)
Operating System (Office software not included): Windows Vista® Home Premium
Notebook Tuners and Remotes: Without Media Center Remote Control or TV Tuner
Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz – 2 x 2048MB
System Drive: 160GB 7,200RPM (8MB Cache) w/ Free Fall Protection
Optical Drives : 8x Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Wireless: Internal Intel® Wireless 4965 a/b/g/Draft-N Mini-Card
Sound Card : Internal High-Definition Audio with surround sound
Keyboard Options: AlienFX® Illuminated Keyboard – Exclusive Design
Mobile Essentials: Razer Lachesis™ Mouse
Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service
Games: Crysis
Games: Unreal Tournament III
Games: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mesh Cap
Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mousepad
Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mobile Binder
Alienware Extras: Alienware® Personalized Nameplate
Alienware Extras: Owner Identification Card
Alienware Extras: Area-51® m15x Protective Cloth Sleeve
Alienware Extras: Area-51® m15x Keyboard Diagram Overlay
Alienware Extras: Area-51® m15x Smooth Mylar Touchpad
Window Style: Default Window Style
Mouse Pointers: Standard Mouse Pointers
Power Plan: Standard Power Plan
Automatic Updates: Automatic Updates On
Time Zones: (GMT - 5.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Price with shipping and Alien armor case around 2.6 thousand dollars Mind you this computer will last me 4 years(before upgrade then possibly 6 or 7) and then is upgradeable unlike other laptops. Most laptops have an integrated Graphics card but because its a gaming system I can freely upgrade for a small price in 4 years.

So I grabbed a Razer Lachessis mouse the best gaming mouse out on the market at the time.
AND this PC will even play CRYSIS the most intensive game of all time :o

I should be able to afford this just before the end of summer break this year.(wish I could get it sooner but I dont make much)
Also since this is one of the most powerful PC's out there I won't have any limitations to what I can do with it. :o

Adam

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Alien Ware PC
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 09:59 PM »
And it'll be obsolete in a year and a half.   ;)

I vastly prefer keyboard and mouse for FPS games.  Before Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 come out for the PS3 I'll probably end up investing in a Bluetooth keyboard & mouse.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 10:36 PM »

It will be obsolete but not the worst(and I can deal with that, obsolete doesn't mean bad just not top of the class, also Not every component is the best I'm at the 3rd best processor and the 3rd best graphics card, but these will last another 2 years easy), and I expect to upgrading the graphics card every 2 years.

As long as you keep your rig up with the times it will not degrade, and thats what I love about Gaming PC's they are designed to be ripped up every year and reassembled to allow it to run the next group of games. The big jump will be when the NEXT Gen comes out and everything will need to be replaced :-X That should not be for at least another 3-4 years. By then alien ware will buy back all the used components and old laptop, that should give me about a quarter of the next computers price taken off. :P

I love how Ps3 has put out keyboards and mice for their system. If Microsoft was smart they'd do the same. The precision is just not even comparable to an analog. Especially with their Halo wars RTS game coming out this summer/fall. I always wonder how those C and C tiberium wars players even play on the xbox 360.

Adam

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 11:10 PM »
I have a year old Core 2 Duo 6400 @ 2.13Ghz and 2 GB's of RAM, a Radeon X1300 256MB and a FX 5200 128MB and miraculously it plays all the latest games just fine. :o At this point the only thing you will even remotely notice is the increase of cache size on the new processors. Additionally, what is the latency on your RAM, Adam (CL)? That is a big factor in RAM performance. Did Alien Ware tell you what chipset the motherboard uses? Without a stable motherboard, it doesn't matter what processor, ram, etc you put in if you don't have a good motherboard. Also- I know this is a laptop so you don't have a whole lot to go on for hard drives, but maybe think about increasing hard drive cache size to 16MB. If I was going to upgrade anything on my PC at this point, I'd get a new board (instead of the low end motherboards that Dell puts out) and keep my current processor and RAM configuration.