Author Topic: ? about my Clonetrooper... Lifesize  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
? about my Clonetrooper... Lifesize
« on: June 17, 2003, 09:54 PM »
Ok, I have a question. As many of you know I buld lifesize Star Wars characters. I have my Clonetrooper Armor which I have had for almost a year now. I recently just started to build a mannequin so I can display my Clone armor as I do with my Stormtrooper. Anyways, here is my question. I do not have a Clonetrooper Rifle for my Clonetrooper. I do have an extra Battle Droid Blaster. Do you think it would be ok if I put the Battle Droid Blaster into the Clones hands or should I wait until I can build or afford a Clone Rifle?

My thought was that this Clone (TC-3778) damaged or used up his blaster and picked up a Battle Droid Blaster. The mannequin that I am building is in a running pose instead of the static post that all my other life size creations are in. So I am thinking it will look alright. But I am worried that the knick-pickers out there will complain. So tell me what you think.

If case if you are wondering what other custom life size characters I have on mannequins...
I have the following:

Stormtrooper (TK-3778)
Ponda Baba
Barquin D'an
Darth Maul
Gonk Droid
Pepsi - Watto
Pepsi - Yoda
Rubies - E2 Yoda
Sith Probe Droid (game) looks nice though

*working on my Clonetrooper.

I also have parts of other character that I have not finished; X-Wing Pilot, Greedo, Han Solo, and Plo Koon.

Well, tell me what you think. Should I go ahead and use the Battle Droid Blaster?
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: ? about my Clonetrooper... Lifesize
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 09:56 PM »
Ok. Something is wrong.

I was in "Watto's Junk Yard" when I posted my topic. How come my post is in the Saga section?

Moderator- can you please move this to the proper section?

Thank you.
David (Boba Binks)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 03:52 AM »
I suggest having a pair of binoculars in one hand, and the Clone gesturing some direction. Not sure what kind of articulation he's got, but that's my first idea since I'm sorta a non-mixer.  :P
Do post pics, man, I think Chris wouldnt mind having ur photo's on the main page, certainly at least post pics in the forums!

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 01:34 PM »
I'd like to see pictures of your clonetrooper armor sometime. I'm always asking the 501st guys I know "Why no clonetroopers?" and I think the consensus is it's just too hard to make it look as real as it did digitally.

So I'd love to see what you did.
Got Clones?

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 06:14 PM »
Yes, the Clone Trooper is a very hard kit to make. I had to resort to buying some pieces from another maker. At first I was going to make my armor seamless but after looking at doing that it would make the armor very hard to get in and out of. So the armor will go together just like Stormtrooper armor. So yes, there will be seems. But hey, I can't really be too picky since there was no real armor to go off of, just digital.

The PVC Pipe mannequin that I am building is in a running pose. I am thinking of having my Clone hold the Battle Droid Blaster with both hands. It gives him a dynamic pose. Later on I will replace the Battle Droid Blaster with the smaller Clone Blaster (like the one that comes with the Clone Pilot).

Of course I have to wear the armor and take some pictures in it before it goes on the mannequin. I have a rule, once on the mannequin it does not come off.

I will be sure to post pictures of my Clonetrooper on the forums. It may not be perfect but so far I am very happy with it. Lots of work has gone into this creation. I have to say that it is 100% better than some of the Clones that I have seen out there.

I plan to have TC-3778 finished within the next week if all goes well. If not the following. I am making some modifications to the armor, then I will shine it up, and take some pictures.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 12:44 AM »
Cool....can't wait. I still have yet to see a full on version of Clonetrooper armor.

Seems a shame to waste it on a mannequin though. You should be out with your local 501st Trooping!
Got Clones?

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 07:03 PM »
I do not really get along with my Local 501st Group. If there was another in my area I would join up with them.

So my life size creations go onto mannequins. That way, anyone who comes over can see them and enjoyh them as much as I.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo