Author Topic: May 1st - What are you buying?  (Read 22094 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: May 1st - What are you buying?
« Reply #60 on: May 2, 2008, 12:40 AM »
I just bought a jacketed Indy, Sallah, and deluxe Indy with ark.  They had most of the figures and dluxe but only the German car.  I'm not sure how deep I'm going to get into this line yet, hence the small purchase.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #61 on: May 2, 2008, 08:54 AM »
I guess she has enough friends whose husbands go drinking often, or spend every sunday of football season at Giants Stadium.  There's a lot worse spending habits I could develop. 

Damn that sounds like me  :-X

Did anyone pick up one or 2 the 12 inch figures and doesnt plan to send away for the ark? Feel free to PM me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 2, 2008, 10:18 AM »
I thought that I'd be buying the 12" figures but after looking at them I couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on them.  The Indy figures, anyway, are a huge disappointment.

I'm holding out hope for Sideshow to do an awesome Ark accessory for their 1:6 Indy.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 2, 2008, 10:31 AM »
I ended up having to run a quick errand last night, so I then grabbed the other (jacketed) KOTCS Indy I forgot earlier.  All said, I think I found everything I was looking for aside from two deluxe figures - Indy w/Horse and the German w/motorcycle.  I preordered them on HTS as a back up, but they aren't shipping until mid-June so hopefully I'll see them at retail sometime.

I'm in the same boat as others where I'm a little bit disappointed in the Indy figures themselves (the ROTLA ones in particular).  I look at the jacketed version, and it seems almost like the "ultimate" Indy aside from those horrible eyes.  I looked through several trying to find a good version, and ended up settling for one that is decent.  Like it was mentioned previously, I think the KOTCS likenesses are more Harrison Ford-like.  Hopefully we'll get a better version down the road (maybe that is part of Hasbro's plan anyways so we'll buy more).  A new head on the jacketed Indy would probably do the trick.

As a side note - the KOTCS figures weren't "in the system" at our local TRU, although Wave 1 (ROTLA) was.  It might just be a mixup at our store, although they had no problems selling them anyways.  I'm curious how much interest this line will have.  I was the only one checking out the figures at the stores I visited, but granted, it was just the first day of release.  It seems like a few more were picked up, but overall, things looked pretty well stocked aside from what I bought as of last night.  I'm just curious to see what kind of legs this line will have.  I could see a lot of people buying just an Indy figure and being done with it.  Also, I didn't see the 12" figures, Mighty Muggs, or Tater at either store (surprisingly).  Wal-Mart had the vehicles, but only one of each of the Raiders ones.  I haven't visited Target yet, but will probably do so this weekend - so we'll see.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #64 on: May 2, 2008, 02:44 PM »
Went back out today and go tthe russian soldier i forgot yesterday. All caught up for now.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 2, 2008, 03:23 PM »
Indy's eyes, and it didn't matter whether it was the figure with the jacket or without, were like a two year old painted them on.

Someone at Hasbro needs to get their ass kicked for letting such ****** paintjobs go to retail.  ::)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 3, 2008, 10:36 PM »
I have so far:
Raiders Indy
Marion
Belloq
Sallah
German Soldier (2)
Monkey Man
Crystal Skull Indy
Colonel D

Indy w Ark
Indy w Horse
German Soldiers 2 pack 
German Soldier w motorcycle
I also want Irina, the 2 warriors and 2 of the Russian soldier when I find them.  I might buy the Mutt with the sword later on, the troop transport truck and the jeep.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 4, 2008, 10:16 AM »
Yep, the paint apps are bad.  I think we all know it by now.  But I doubt they are going to redo every figure out there like Star Wars.  Unless of course it's Indy himself.  It's to bad.  Luckily I have seen enough figures out there to pick and choose between terrible apps and halfway decent ones.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 9, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Just looked over my list for the first time in a while and I've done very well sticking to my original intentions.  I do have to return the Indy with temple trap yet and find a good Indy/horse to buy but otherwise I'm nearly done until TLC/ToD stuff comes out.  I've kind of slacked on the ROTLA supporting cast a little bit, but I'm hoping for a sale of sorts to bring CDN prices closer to USD.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2008, 11:24 AM »
Here's a look at what Indy himself picked up.  I thought it was interesting seeing this, as you would think Ford would be the last actor to grab stuff (although its likely for his son or someone else).