Author Topic: May 1st - What are you buying?  (Read 22091 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: May 1st - What are you buying?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 09:25 PM »
I'm going to head out right after work gets out (2:55!  Hooray for teaching!) and I'll stop at a cool TRU where few people shop, but employees are helpful.  If that's a bust, there is a Traget and another TRU on the way home.

I'll be really pissed at Hasbro if these things aren't very easy to find.  I don't have ons of time to shop these days, but I'm a little worried that Hasbro will underestimate the desire for these.  I'm expecting a front end display at TRU, maybe the low long one that is on the right when you walk in in most stores.  I don't think Speed Racer will move out that fast.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Man, 2 TRU's on your way home from work?

I don't have a big commute but even if I did I know I wouldn't hit two TRU's on the way no matter what direction I went.  At best the nearest TRU is 45 minutes for me...  That's on a no-traffic Sunday.  I'm jealous to say the least any time basically everyone says the ammount of stores they have near them. ;)  My gf's highway into the city she lives off of finally is developing and just got a Target and 2 WM's in the last 4 or so years...  That's been a help for sure.  Too bad TRU's aren't building or I could wish for one of those.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 12:06 AM »
I scored some stuff at Target tonight (whoo hoo!!!) but plan on hitting Walmart at midnight Wednesday night, then Target at 8:00 AM, and TRU when they open (9:00 AM, I think).  Ought to find what I want on the first day.

BTW, I guess I've got it pretty good in my area.  There's two TRU stores that are very close, five Targets, and six Wal-Marts, all within 30 minutes of each other.  Some are only 5-10 minutes apart.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 01:46 PM »
My local Target reset the AF aisle today... big empty spaces for both Indy and The Hulk lines.

Only a few more days... :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 02:21 PM »
I wasn't planning on buying a lot of these figures but over the past few days I've been looking at more photos and now I'm getting kind of psyched over them.

I'll probably stop in Target on my way to work Thursday morning to see what they have.  I definitely want the RotLA Indy w/ jacket and I'm also thinking I'll get Belloq and the Cairo Swordsman.  I may also pick up the Deluxe Indy with Ark.

The rest of the figures I may make the call on when I see them in person like Monkey Man, Sallah and some of the KotCS figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Is wave 2 supposed to com eout may 1st? Is so that means i am goingt o have to go out.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 02:47 PM »
I gotta admit, the German 2-pk is AWESOME.  Some of the best figures I've seen Hasbro make... I want about 4-5 more sets (have two so far).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 02:49 PM »
Is wave 2 supposed to com eout may 1st? Is so that means i am goingt o have to go out.

I think Wave 2 has been out for several weeks now depending on the area. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 03:21 PM »
Yeah, Wave 2 (KotCS) will definitely be out this weekend...  like Justin said, many folks have already found them mixed in amongst the RotLA figures.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 04:26 PM »
I went to Target today to try to get these with the DCPI#, and they said they can't take anything out until May 4th. May 4th? ???

Some stores don't get the toy isle reset till 5/4 and won't sell the toys till then.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 06:46 PM »
I thought these were street dated by Hasbro?  Shouldn't that mean all stores should have them on Thursday?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 07:22 PM »
I think they are dated for Thursday E, but stores are leaking them.  Around here in Pitt that's how it is anyway and no leaks I know of so far.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 07:49 PM »
Yeah, I've found leaked stuff before although no Indy stuff here yet.  But I was thinking that the street date meant that major retailers like WM, Target and TRU would have these stocked Thursday but it seems like some think stores might not have them out till Sunday.

I'm just hoping, I guess, that I won't be wasting time going Thursday morning to Target.  Target is about 2 blocks from my apartment and on the way to work so it's not a huge deal either way, I guess.

E...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 08:01 PM »
I was thinking that the street date meant that major retailers like WM, Target and TRU would have these stocked Thursday but it seems like some think stores might not have them out till Sunday.

I don't know about Wal-Mart or TRU, but Target stores most likely won't stock the Indy stuff until they do the next aisle reset (the planogram is dated for Sun 5/4) which has the pegs/set-up for Indy and Hulk toys.

Around here (MN), my local Target has already reset for Indy (empty pegs at the moment) and the Toy lead at a second Target near me said that they will reset & stock on Wednesday night (after store close).  A third store where one of the MN guys works said that they won't put them out until they reset on Saturday night (for Sunday 5/4 date).

It's really going to vary from store to store I'd say, much like the Iron Man stuff.  Some Targets had the IM endcaps set up right away, while others waited almost 2 weeks to get the stuff out.   ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 09:50 PM »
I would be TRU's more on the ball with it than the other stores.  They seem to be focused on movie line toy releases and get things out quickly.