Author Topic: May 1st - What are you buying?  (Read 22085 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: May 1st - What are you buying?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 09:55 AM »
I would be TRU's more on the ball with it than the other stores.  They seem to be focused on movie line toy releases and get things out quickly.

That's often the way it is here as well, so I might just hit TRU tomorrow to check things over.  Its the closest of the "big 3" to our house, and wouldn't take me long to run over there quick.  I'd like to check Target out, but for some reason I have the feeling they might wait until Sunday (they have in the past it seems), and they are a little bit more of a drive.  I may check them anyways, we'll see.  I don't know if I'll bother with WM or not, we'll see.  I think the Dark Knight stuff is supposed to be out tomorrow (or soon) as well, and I wouldn't mind getting the movie masters (6" scale) Batman/Joker if I see them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 04:14 PM »
My plan -

Walmart #1 - midnight
Walmart #2 - 12:30 AM
Target #1 - 8:00 AM
Target #2 - 8:30 AM
TRU - 9:00 AM

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 05:11 PM »
Im planning on hitting Walmart before work around 7am, hopefully everything will be out!  If not, I will try TRU at lunch.
I plan on buying all basic figures, the truck and a few german 2 pks and the indy with horse...  Looking forward to tomorrow!!!!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 07:10 PM »
All the posting about street dates and such and I realized that my Wal-Mart hasn't stocked Iron Man figures yet and only have a very small amount of Speed Racer which they snuck into the Hot Wheels aisle.

I'm thinking I'll hit Target in the morning, find nothing, and have to wait till Sunday (at the earliest) to find anything at retail.  I'm pretty confident that my WM won't actually carry this line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 1, 2008, 03:22 AM »
Hit three Walmarts... and had a miserable outing.  At least a buddy went with me.

Store #1 - Nothing was out yet, nothing on pallets.  manager said it was being out sometime Thursday.

Store #2 - Nice employee had the stock room actually lower a pallet with a forklift that had Indy stuff - turned out to be a few cases of the "heroes" and 12" stuff, along with the whips.

Store #3 - Had all the Hulk and Batman stuff out on the pegs, but no Indy anywhere to be seen.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 1, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Found all of wave 1 today at Target and was kind of surprised.  There were only a couple Marion figures but multiples of everyone else from wave 1.  They all look pretty good and I could have easily bought the entire wave but didn't.

I picked up Indy (Hovitos Temple), Cairo Swordsman and Belloq along with a Deluxe Indy w/ Ark.

They had the Deluxe German Soldiers 2-pack, Indy w/ Ark, Marion/Cairo Henchman but that was it.  No Troop Car but the Cargo Truck was on the shelf.  The box was a little smaller than I thought it would be but still, that's a great looking vehicle.

They had some Adventure Heroes 2-packs but I didn't pay them much attention.  Role Play whip and Taters of the Lost Ark were stocked as well as the 12" versions of the German Officer and both Indy figures. 

Basically all the RotLA figures but nothing from Crystal Skull yet. 

I may stop on the way home at WM to see if they stocked them.  I might pick up the rest of wave 1 but we'll see.  I might hold out for later.

I forgot to look for the Batman figures but Target also had the Hulk stuff stocked today.  It was a quick stop so I didn't pay much attention except to notice they had a pretty large section for the figures compared to Iron Man.  And while the Hulk Hands (now in plush) have been out at my WM for about 2 weeks, it's still disheartening to see them knowing how they overran the toy aisle last time.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: May 1, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Went out to walmart this morning and picked up all of wave 2. Out of all the pegs they had they only had 1 Ugha Warrior and 1 female chick from the new movie. I think i was the first person there beucase all the pegs were full. Some guy came in shortly after me but only bought ROTLA figures. On a side note, i saw the Hulk figure and Batman figures. Hulk figures are terrible. Batman figures were too expensive at 11.97.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 1, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Just curious, but for those of you who are finding the Indy stuff, what is the basic figure price at the respective stores?  I'm planning on heading out later this morning to see if anyone has it out yet, but I wasn't sure what these would be running.  I thought I might just hit TRU (since its closest), but if WM or Target is significantly cheaper I'll wait.  I'm guessing our Target will wait for Sunday (they usually do), but you never know.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 1, 2008, 10:37 AM »
I don't intend to collect this line, but I do know that various collectors (myself included) hit a bunch of stores this morning, and not one single location had put the line out yet.  Awesome.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 1, 2008, 10:54 AM »
I paid $7.49 at Target here in NY for the basic figure and $9.99 for the Deluxe. And I used the Target coupon to shave $5 off the total.

I honestly didn't really pay attention to the other Indy prices so I can't comment on them.  I'm assuming the truck is $20 though...same price range as the SW Starfighter line. 

I'm interested to hear what WM and TRU are charging.

It's kind of crappy paying $7.50 for one figure when, right next to it, are 2-packs for $2.50 more.  I guess we can assume we'll also be paying this price, or more, for the SW figures when the lines reset in July.

E...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 1, 2008, 11:16 AM »
I picked up the Truck and the Troop Car this morning at a Target - they are indeed $19.99 each. I combined each of them with a German Soldier and got both a vehicle and 1 Indy figure for $24 (including tax) after using the $5 off coupon.

I had picked up the complete RotLA wave last night at a different Target. I went to this one shortly after they opened hoping to find the KotCS figures, but they only had Wave 1 as well.

Same story with the Deluxe figures, only wave 1 (German Soldiers 2-pack, Marion/Cario Henchman, Indy w/Ark)

This was the first time I had seen the vehicles. The packaging doesn't show the Jungle Cutter vehicle on the back of the box, and the Truck and Troop Car were the only vehicles they had - so I'm guessing that's Wave 1 of the vehicle assortment.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #41 on: May 1, 2008, 11:27 AM »
I also picked up the Indy with Horse, but passed on the rest becuase i preordered them over at HTS. With the 20% off and free shipping, it ends up being a little cheaper per figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: May 1, 2008, 11:33 AM »
I went 0-for-3 at my local Targets this AM...

One of the stores had all the Indy pegs/shelf space all set up, but had no stock in the back to fill them.  Nice effort Target...    ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 1, 2008, 12:08 PM »
I will check it out after I drop my son off at daycare.  I am not expecting to find much.  Everyone is going to me beat me to the punch today. 

I will be on the lookout for the German 2 pack, Indy with Fertility Idol, German Soldier, German motorcycle, Cargo truck and possibly the troop car.  I am not sure if the Indy with Horse is supposed to be out yet or not?  Basically I am trying to get the chase scene from Raiders going and finished.  Then I will go for other stuff like Belloq and the KOTCS stuff.  Spalko may be hard for me to resist if she is there.  I do like Mutt with the jacket and Indy with that Launcher. 

I was going to pick and choose this line but one thing leads to another.  I will have to get Marion and the Henchman 2 pack.  I will have to buy the Swordsman, MonkeyMan, and Sallah or I will have that nagging uncompleted feeling.  I have to get that chase scene done though. 

Man I wish they would make the Flying Wing with German Mechanic.  I guess it's good enough for now though. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #44 on: May 1, 2008, 12:40 PM »
The local WMs and Target don't have anything out yet (  ::) ) but TRU did, so I found the Temple Indy and Belloq I was looking for. They also had the Crystal Skull figures, and I wanted to buy Irina and Mutt, but the paint on the eyes was horrible.  They also had what I guess is the second wave of Deluxes, Indy w/ horse and a couple different Hovitos Temple Indy sets.

It was kind of disappointing to see they only had two cases, one for each wave. I thought this was going to be a genuine launch instead of a slow trickle.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk