Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 35190 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Wasn't that the Sara Jane wedding episode I heard about? I think the Doctor even mentioned it during Tennent's last episode.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Wasn't that the Sara Jane wedding episode I heard about? I think the Doctor even mentioned it during Tennent's last episode.

I believe so, I think it was a two episode story arc (as most of the Sarah Jane episodes are).  He had a cameo in the first episode and guest staring role in the second.  I really should track these episodes down sometime since it was an OK show...not as good as Torchwood, but I feel like I've missed something in the Doctor Who universe without seeing them.  It isn't like SyFy is flooded with original programing that they don't have room to air it.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Have you noticed the new TARDIS looks just like the one Peter Cushing had when he played the Doctor in the movie Doctor Who and the Daleks? Outside it is identical include the little symbol on the door. Inside, the TARDIS is just as messy as Cushing's version. Even the clothes that Smith wears are very simlar to Cushing. From what I've been hearing they are going to be revisiting events from the Cushing movies. (Doctor Who and the Daleks  and Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D.) Have you guys seen those movies?

In the movies, Cushing plays an Earth scientist named Who. Everyone calls him Doctor Who. He is a absentminded professor that builds a time machine (Tardis) that is bigger on the inside. He takes his grandkids thru time. The films arn't considered canon but Moffett wants to make it canon with his Doctor. I guess we will be seeing Skittle Daleks in episode 3. This make me wonder if we are going to see an alternate side universe in this season (kind of like on Lost) since Moffett was quoted as looking for an actor to play the Doctor that is nothing like the one we have now.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:37 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2010, 02:31 AM »
Hmmm was wondering if we would ever see an alternate universe Doctor.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2011, 12:15 PM »
Well the Doctor is back. What did you think of the first episode? Nice shots if Utah there. Freaky looking alien huh?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:17 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2011, 07:02 AM »
Well the Doctor is back. What did you think of the first episode? Nice shots if Utah there. Freaky looking alien huh?

Awesome episode.  I'm guessing this may have been the set up for the whole season.  Nice little cliffhanger...I wish they had played the first two episodes back to back.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 1, 2011, 06:55 AM »
I watched my first Hartnell episode last night, An Unearthly Child.  Interesting to see how it all began.  Hartnell seems to play the Doctor as a cranky old man.  Really different than an of the other Doctors I've seen (Tom Baker to Matt Smith).  Too bad a lot of these old episodes were destroyed by the BBC.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2011, 03:36 PM »
Watched the final episode for season six.

Quite a good episode and set up for next season with a reveal of a characters identity.

Spoilers sweety....
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2011, 04:23 PM »
I believe season six is split in two parts. The second part starts around Halloween.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2011, 06:56 AM »
Watched the final episode for season six.

Quite a good episode and set up for next season with a reveal of a characters identity.

Spoilers sweety....

It explains a lot from the first episode of the season.  Just wonder how long they had this planned out.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2011, 11:45 AM »
Rumor is he had that in mind since the "Silence in the Library" episode back a couple of years ago.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2011, 01:03 PM »
Rumor is he had that in mind since the "Silence in the Library" episode back a couple of years ago.

That would kind of shock me.  I'm not sure at that point that if Tennant was definitely leaving yet.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2011, 02:50 PM »
What I mean it is a Moffet story line that he expanded when he took over.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2011, 09:41 AM »
Please notice that each episode this season has the word "silence" somewhere in it. Since River Song was introduced in "Silence in the Library" and she is traveling backwards in the Doctor's timeline, every thing in this season relates back to that episode.